Rusty recovery....New Years Update

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good question Marsha... especially since 100% for him includes driving and jumping. He was never going to be competitive at halter but he should be able to do trail, and showmanship and we hope driving and jumping. He should surely be able to do more therapy work where we might even find more avenues for him as a "wounded warrior" of a kind himself. He is acting more like himself every day and is expressing his opinion more and more! One thing he used to do all the time was get himself cast in his stall and he has started doing that again. Most people would think of that as a negative but we were overjoyed to have the old Rusty back. It also showed he felt strong enough to roll, and he never panics and is easy to flip over. The wounds on his back are preventing us from using his harness but when those heal I don't see why we can't try ground driving and see how it goes. I think if we can get him driving it will only help strengthen his neck muscles, some of which were destroyed in the attack.

What wonderful news!!!!! A true Christmas miracle! Rusty and your family are an inspiration of hope and faith!!!! I believe all those prayers for Rusty got him through this he is a special little horse!! I look forward to seeing more pictures of him and his great progress!!

AWWWWW Bless him! Fabulous!!
default_hypocrite.gif

MARVELOUS!!!!!! What a good boy and we are all so blessed by his progress and determination!! He looks great!!!!

I am crying like a baby watching that video. I just want to reach out and hug Rusty well and you for giving him such loving care. He seems to enjoy doing that and there seems to be a connection between him and Kiera. Thanks for the update!

Loved the video Mary, thanks for sharing!!!! So happy to see Rusty doing so well, he is a true miracle!!!!
default_yes.gif
How about a New Year update on that sweet Rusty boy!!!!!

I was going to post this anyway, as I posted it already on Facebook. Rusty has apparently decided that he wants to go out with the herd again (despite temp of minus 10 this morning) as he was waiting by his gate for me to let him out. He is out with the herd now and even has Cowboy added for today, with no issues. As you can see from the video, we figure Rusty can express himself and get away from any bullies if he needs to!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trlDVHtihkA&feature=youtu.be

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, so great to see Rusty running, playing and feeling his oats!! Watching your video put a big smile on my face!!! I am so happy for all of you!!!!!

NOTHING BUT SMILES HERE!!!!!! And great thanks that this special boy has come through this with his great spirit intact, and so happy he is on the down-hill slide to his recovery!!!

Thank you prayers being lifted!
default_pray.gif

Brilliant!! He is just amazing!! It's great to see him looking and behaving like a chirpy chappy!
default_yes.gif

Back