Rusty recovery....New Years Update

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's brilliant news!! Well done Rusty!!

Sounds as though there were also signs of improvement yesterday Mary - oh this is so heartwarming! Come on Rusty!
default_pray.gif

Misty's Mom - Thank you SO much for that great news!!!!! I suspected he must have been down because there was hay on the left side of his blanket this morning so the next thing I did was check here. This is the greatest place!!!

I haven't been posting for several days, the my IT guy changed out my computer, and I'm still having difficulties getting back everything....of course.

But be assured, I got marestare up and have been watching our little man....even at work, but don't tell!! SSSsssssshhhhhhhhh

I see you in there now working with him. It's so exciting to see him up and down. Hope he continues to improve each and EVERY day until he is back to his old self!!!

Sending continued prayers and love!
default_pray.gif

Last edited:
Help!! I have been watching Rusty on my iPad but tonight decided to use my lap top. Well it said I had to register, ok no problem I can do that.........wrong!!!!!
default_thud.gif
I put in user name, password, copied the letters I see, then there was a 5-2: not sure what to do on that line so I just copied it, next write Mare did it, next spell "it": wrote it!!!! Did this twice and came up I did not answer verification questions right.......oh no I failed twice!!!!! I was afraid to try again, thought I might get banned or locked out or something worse!!!!
default_unsure.png

Please help, What am I doing wrong...............
default_frusty.gif

Someone else said for 5-2 put 3.... glad I don't have to go through that to see him. For anyone watching we left the light off tonight so we could also leave his mask off. I think there is enought light from the cams to see but not as bright as before.

Thanks Mary, #3 was the right answer!!! So I passed the test now just waiting to be approved! I liked the way it was before, just click on a cam and watch........anyway I can still watch Rusty on my iPad without signing in, crazy but oh well!!

So happy I got to see Rusty laying down resting last night!! Even more happy to report the great news!!!! I pray for each day to get better with lots of healing for Rusty!!!
default_pray.gif
He is one determined little guy who is now loved by so many!!!!
default_yes.gif

2.20am and he's hoovering quietly, bless him.

So glad you got your marestare viewing sorted Misty's Mum (sorry cant remember your name??). Luckily I found my old log in details when I first tried to watch Rusty - this new rule is such a pain, hope it wont put others off from watching once the mares start foaling next year!

He's up and hovering his stall. His 'neighbor' is being a good girl, too.

And you're right Anna. We'll have to post all the answers and pin at the top of our board, to encourage our friends to help watch for the new babies coming! I can't imagine why they would go to all this trouble, just to let people watch! Pooh!

Rusty is lying down now - his usual time to lie down, and we are watching him on cam!! We adjusted the second cam so it is aimed into his small run attached to his stall. So far he has needed help going down the step and back up but someday, maybe he can go in and out on his own! He was quite lively on his foray into the front yard this morning. Maybe that tired him out.

BTW, Diane, that "good girl" in the next stall is Bunny..

Still out flat! He's getting a good rest, for sure. He has had a 'nosy' checking on him looking through his gate! But they just check one by one and leave him alone!

Now I see people looking through his gate! I guess you decided to let him to continue to sleep. I hope the rest does him VERY well and helps him recover even more!! He's had a good day so far!

Actually he got up once (he was on his left side first), had some lunch and then went down on his right side. He thought about getting up a few times, so might at any time. I think he knows what comes next - wound flushing, eye treatments, more meds and then grazing on the front lawn.

Forgot to look at the time, but think it is around half past 4?? Is he lying down again? So difficult to see as the cam (for me) keeps 'shivering', but I'm sure he's down. He really is getting some good resting time today isn't he!
default_thumbup.gif

How's he doing with his treatments?

He's hoovering his stall again, and is up and about.

Up and grazing his stall. He has a visitor through the gate. All looks fine!

Rusty is a trooper for all his treatments... except sometimes he does try to spit out the apple-flavored Chloramphenicol. He is especially good for the wound washing, although that is the only time we need to halter him, mostly so he doesn't wander off to eat the grass! For the NINE eye treatments a day in EACH eye, he is very good and I can usually manage by propping his head on my knee. He is now down to once a day for Banamine and then Gastrogard as long as he is on that, but today is the last day!! No problem with those. .

BTW, Wound washing is done in the turnout you can see on the second camera, usually sometime between 1 and 2 PM and taking about 15 minutes..

Latest posts

Back