Raven's Thread: Updated video at 1 month page 78

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He is so cute I have been watching him roll back and forth and those little skinny legs just make me laugh. They are like little toothpicks (lone ones).

When you say velvet is gone - did they sell him or did I miss something?

Yes, Velvet was sold to Made In Spain Miniatures and now resides in Spain.
default_gaah.gif

Pictures?????
default_smile.png
and I wouldn't worry a minute about those long spindly legs. I bet they come around just fine as he matures. After all, that is a LOT of leg to get control of!
default_yes.gif

Thanks Charlotte. I appreciate you being so supportive!

As for pics, Heather and Shannon have got TONS on their plate. So, not pushing them for pics. I AM pushing for a cannon measurement though.
default_please.gif

I'm sure they will take some pics as they have time. So for now we wait patiently
default_whistling.gif

Last edited:
I must say I am surprised they sold him. I thought he would live out his days with them.

Such a pity as it really has produced a wonderful colt for your with that cross.

baby being measured and weighed
default_smile.png

hhahahaaaaaaaa don't kick now. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
His veins are too tiny and are rolling. Shannon normally gets it on the first try, but of couse, being Raven's baby, he wants to be different! So, a call to the vet.

Honestly, I don't think I could draw blood from a Belgian, so my kudos to Shannon for mad skills!!!!

Yes I imagine his veins must be tiny
default_smile.png
he is just way too adorable for words, I want to just lean in to the pc and cuddle him!
default_yes.gif

Stats as of 16 hours old:

17lbs

19" tall

6.5" cannon (technically from middle of knee to coronary band)

My calculations/experience get him maturing around 28-29". Others thoughts??

A quick shot from Shannon's phone

Raven2012colt16hours1.jpeg

Last edited:
wow look at that dishy head and tea cup nose, not to mention those itzy bitzy ears
default_drool5.gif

He is going to be a stunner !!

I am going to guesstimate 29", he has those long legs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just so pretty but we do demand more pictures LOL

I agree about his height but he could stretch it to 30" but that would probably be a max height for him going by those measurements.

Stats as of 16 hours old:

17lbs

19" tall

6.5" cannon (technically from middle of knee to coronary band)

My calculations/experience get him maturing around 28-29". Others thoughts??

A quick shot from Shannon's phone
He is adorable and stunning! I would most likely put him in the 26-28" range with those measurements based on our experience. I know a lot of people multiply by 4 and then add 2 but we have rarely needed the added 2 when measuring the cannon. For the range I usually do the multiplied by 4 number and then the range up to the added 2. Just my thoughts but who knows, they are all individuals LOL!

Latest posts

Back