Raven's Thread: Updated video at 1 month page 78

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so proud of Raven! She's balancing on 3 legs so he can get to the milk bar!lol I couldn't ask for a better momma...and she's a maiden.
default_wub.png
:wub

Oh many many congratulations to everyone!! What a beautiful little boy!!

I think this special boy and his Momma were both very lucky to be in the capable hands of Heather and co!

Oh the little fella has got himself cast, silly boy! Hope someone notices and helps him soon, dont want him to put all his strength into struggling to get sorted - although, like most foals, I expect he will soon get himself 'free', bless him. Raven is being brilliant, so attentive!
default_yes.gif

I am soooo glad that the little guy is ok. He is sleeping now. Cant wait to see him bouncing around.

Renee hope you are feeling better. I had it earlier in the week and it kinda hit me again yesterday and I found myself really tired which is why I wasnt posting. I had the ladies up but just didnt feel 100% . So make sure you take care of yourself.

Isnt he just gorgeous. He has had a couple of runs. So full of attitude already, sweet boy

Yes, I am so glad to see him rolling around in the hay this morning and then he popped up and ran to mom for a drink. Splendid job was done by heather and her crew of pros. Congratulations on a gorgeous fine little colt Parmela. Well done all, you all deserve high praises.

Looked in at the sweet baby this morning and he is bouncing around and playing. Raven is a really good mommy! Congratulations again Parmela.
default_risa8.gif
default_488.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Heather, you and your crew do a fabulous job!
default_thumbup.gif

Wow I had alot to catch ip on lol massive congratulations to you all!!!! You must be thrilled glad your gorgeous little man pulled through so well! Great wok heather n Shannon!! You guys are awesome! Would love to see some new piccies if we could please?

So good to see him up and bopping around and doing normal foal stuff. I love those little ears going back and forth as he checks out his world. And Raven is such a good mommy mare.

Again, congratulations to all!

HOORAH !!!! I just woke up and came right to the computer to see how he was doing..... and so happy to hear he is fine
default_risa8.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_aktion033.gif

I can't get a connection to the webcam right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on your adorable little boy Parmela!! I missed the birth, but tuned in last night when the cam was off and got the news here. It is so good to see him bouncing around this morning.

Congratulations again, Parmela! I am watching WONDERFUL Mommy Raven stand over her little man. He is just so handsome and JUST what you wanted! Heather and Shannon did such a good job!

OMG !!! He is so cute I can't stand it. Congrats Parmela
default_biggrin.png

Thank you all so very much!

I'm still in shock.
default_new_shocked.gif
I had hoped the Raven x Velvet cross would be a good one, but when you have a maiden you just never know. A parent can be from great stock and be a successful show horse themselves, but they just can't reproduce to that level. So I worried... about if she could physically do it, mentally do it (because even though we joke about it, she really is pretty much of a princess and a baby) and then would the result be a combination of the best of both parents??? I guess I must have had some good karma around me because I think she can do it!!
default_firstprize.gif

I obviously haven't seem him in person, but from the cam he looks to have a beautiful head (Raven's contribution), WAY longer neck than I expected (Velvet's contribution) and his legs are do darn long and fine boned (I'm guess that's from both of them - the tiny from Raven, the length from Velvet). When I talked to Wade about this breeding January, I said "I want another Raven, just finer boned." He said he thought Velvet could do it and I guess he was right!! SO bummed Velvet is gone because I would def repeat this if I could. During one of our calls, I asked Heather to be thinking about who I should breed her to next (since she sees so many different horses than I do) and her immediate response was "I'd repeat this one!" Bummer, I wish I could.

Here's to hoping his legs straighten out as he gets a few days on him. If they do, I think I'm going to be EXTREMELY pleased!

Latest posts

Back