Prayers needed for Lisa's (Runaway Ranch)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
: prayers coming your way. We will be thinking of you all during this time.

As an 11 year survivor of advanced colon cancer I know the fear and uncertainty you are going through. Healing thoughts and prayers flowing to you.
default_pray.gif
:
default_wub.png
:

Prayers coming your way that both you and Robert continue to have the strength to fight this horrible illness. Hold one another tight every chance you get.

default_pray.gif
: for you and your family. Our family has been through it and it can be some of the most heart-wrenching times but also some of the sweetest times. Take it minute by minute and live in the now.

Bless you.

I thought I should give an update on Robert's health. He is not doing well and I cannot believe how quickly the cancer has taken over his life. Even on 200 mlg of Morphine, he has bone pain that is crippling. The cancer has continued to spread depite treatment and is now in almost all his bones, weakening them, so he has to be very careful of fracture or breakage. They also just found cancer either in the skull bone or lining of the brain, the doctors can't agree on where it is located. In the last few days when he is resting he has involuntary muscle twitches that look like Parkinson's Disease. I am afraid the cancer may have gotten into the motor cortex of the brain. We will meet with his doctor's today to check that out.

My brother came up from AZ to finish the barn the Robert designed and started and was helped by Al B, our wonderful supplier of quality hay and friendship. Robert's boss came out and helped finished our new pasture shelters, that other from his workplace had worked on right after Robert's diagnosis. He has so many people that care for him. He has been a Scout Leader for 8 years and this weekend his boys will be out to Runaway Ranch to camp out and visit with him. I hope he is well enough to spend time with them.

Not much hope left that he will survie this, But we are thankful for everyday that we have.

Lisa -

I'm so sorry to hear of what your family is going through. I don't know you, and you don't know me, but I'm just in Iowa.

It sounds like you are getting a lot of support with project completion, etc - but if there are projects that this forum could help with - I just know that all you would have to do is say the word and I do believe many of us would be there.

Take care,

Renee McArtor

default_pray.gif
: Lisa, my arms are around you..and my heart wants him more confortable..hope the doctors can come up with a plan for better pain management soon!

We'll continue to have you in our hearts and mind!

Carl and Maxine

i'm so very sorry, lisa. barring a miracle, i will some day be walking in your shoes. i hope i have the strength you have shown throughout robert's battle. i wish there was more i could do, all i can offer is prayers for you and your robert. my heart just aches for you.

Prayers sent for both of you.

Hugs

Bonnie

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so very, very sorry! You and your family are in my thoughts!

default_pray.gif
: My prayers are there for y'all as well. I thank God for supplying all your needs while bringing healing and comfort to your husband. Please know that this forum is filled with wonderful, caring people who also lift you up in prayer.

God bless,

Joan

Thoughts and prayers going out to Robert and Lisa, I am so sorry.

Words can't express how sad I am to read your update prayers coming your way. :no:

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Lisa, I am very saddened by this news update about Robert. Please know our heartfelt good thoughts and prayers are with you tonight and thru this time in your life. May God hold Robert in His calm and healing hands.

Back