Prayers needed for Lisa's (Runaway Ranch)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lisa and robert----all of us at pondlake stables are here if you need us for any reason! take care, both of you! jennifer

Last edited by a moderator:
Lisa,

I am so sorry to hear this. You and Robert are in my thoughts.

Melissa

Robert

You, Lisa and your entire family are in my thoughts and prayers. Prayer will see you through and keep you strong.

Please keep us posted.

default_pray.gif
: Sending prayers for Robert. I hope if he chooses treatment, that they can get it all and put him into remission so that he and Lisa can continue a long happy life together!

I'm so sorry, Lisa and Robert. My heart crys for you both and your family. I think about you all the time and pray, I always say and truly believe that where theirs a breath of life, their is hope. And we all know that miracles do happen, they happen every day. Stay strong and hold on to hope! Please let me know if their is anything I can do for you.

I have been asked to put the link on here to Robert's Page, I thought I had done it correctly but guess not so I will try again - hope this works.

Robert's page

I will say a prayer for him. I understand on a very personal level what he is going through.

Prayers and thoughts to you RObert from the bottom of my heart! Let's not just do this once people but keep these prayers going every day!

Sincerely, Maxine and Carl

I also got to meet Lisa last year in Minnesota and our thoughts and prayers are with them also. Lavonne

Sorry I am so late in reading this. Robert and Lisa are in my prayers. Thanks for letting us know and please keep us posted on how Robert is doing just just in case Robert's site does not get updated so that we all can add extra prayers for strength when they need it the most.

default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:

default_pray.gif
: Please know that my prayers are there for all of you. I just thank God for Robert's healing and for giving both of you the strength you need as you endure this devastating disease.

God bless,

Joan

Prayer and White Light for Robert........ May this be only a rough bump in the road for both of them.

MA

i have added robert and lisa to my prayer list. i know only too well what they, especially lisa, are going through. my husband was diagnosed with metastatic renal cell (kidney) cancer almost 18 months ago. upon diagnosis, he was given 6 to 9 months. with the miracle of modern medicine and his "i WILL beat this disease" attitude, he is still fighting and although he will probably never be the big strapping guy i have known for 30 years, he is determined to get better.

lisa, as a caregiver, faces days and nights that are simply inconceivable to those who have never been through it. i will pray for a miracle for robert and i will pray for strength for lisa. this will be the fight of her life but every little step forward is a blessing to be cherished.

I just cannot thank everyone enough for all your prayers and support. Robert has always been the heathly & strong one. This illness was like a lightening strike, so unexpected. He is fighting with everything he has to stay with us. He has started chemo, and there is a 20-40% chance that it will help. Next week they will begin 10 doses of radiation to help control the pain. He will be on chemo for the rest of his life.

Meantime, we are trying to live as normally as possible. We are going to try to make it to Suoix Falls, SD to see our filly show. And friends are helping us finish fencing the dream place we purchased just 3 years ago to fullfil our dream of getting back into horses. Robert trains quarter horses, and currently has his 3 horses boarded elsewhere, but as he gets weaker he doesn't have the strength to drive the hour to where they are stabled, so we want to bring them home. He says an hour with his horses reduces his need for pain meds. He has terrible bone pain, and head aches. He says the pain is like a brain freeze from eating somthing cold too fast, but it stays for hours.

We have been together for 34 years, and married after knowing each other for just three months. He is my soul mate and I cannot imagine how I will go on with out him. Please do keep him in your prayers.

Lisa

Lisa, I will continue to keep Robert and you in my prayers and thoughts.

[SIZE=14pt]((((HUGS))))[/SIZE]

A post from Lisa:

I want to thank all our friends, colleagues and also all those that we do not know who have sent prayers and support our way. Cancer truly does affect the whole family and your support has meant much to all of us. As many of you know, Robert and I have shared our lives for 34 years and hope to have many more years together. It was devastating when he received his diagnosis.

I have looked forward to being able to retire from work with him, and sit on the porch together watching our horses play. I want to continue to share with him our 3 wonderful children's growth and watch our grandchildren learn to appreciate and respect the land. I want him to be able to pass on our love for horses and teach our grandchildren how to ride. I want to hold his hand and walk through old age with him. God willing.....

8/23/07

Latest posts

Back