Prayers needed for Lisa(Runaway Ranch)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qtrrae

Reaction score
This is the article in the Winona newspaper - it is Lisa's son - Nik. I just thought the forum members would want to know-Lisa lost her husband, Robert last December to cancer - and now her son - she is devastated - please keep Lisa in your prayers.

ARTICLE:

14-year-old boy found dead

By Kevin Behr | Winona Daily News

The Winona County Sheriff's Department is investigating the mysterious death of a 14-year-old Dakota, Minn., boy early this morning.

The boy's mother called police just after 5:30 a.m. when she discovered her son unresponsive in bed, Chief Deputy Ron Ganrude said. The cause of death is unknown at this time, but an autopsy will be performed soon, he said.

The boy's name is not being released at this time, pending the notification of family members.

Ganrude said the boy had been at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester Monday to receive treatment for an ulcer. He said the boy was scheduled to go back again today for more testing. It was immediately unclear if the ulcer had anything to do with the boy's death.

Lisa called me Thursday morning at 5:30 totally in shock and all she could say is "Donna, Nik is dead" - she just kept telling me that - I told her to call 911 and her daughter - she is having such a rough time with this - they have been doctoring Nik and have found some stomach issues - they were supposed to be in Roch for more tests by 7 - Thurs. morning and when she tried to wake him up he was already starting to get cold.

I had talked to Nik on the phone Wed. evening around 9 and he sounded good and

was looking forward to seeing the "hot" nurses.

This is such a tragedy and I hope and pray that Lisa will find the strength

to get through this. It has been 25 years since we lost our son, Kerry and

there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of him.

It will be 1 year Dec. 7th. since Lisa lost her husband to cancer.

I just wanted to share with you please keep Lisa in your prayers -

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh words are not enough to help the absolute agony I know she must feel, please let her know we join together to create a golden thread of love and support for her and I hope she'll put it close around her for comfort.

Oh my what a tradgedy. My heart and prayers go out to Lisa. Only God can ease her pain. I will keep Lisa in my thoughts.

Oh my! Prayers going up for Lisa and her remaining family. What a load to carry .Good thing she has a friend like you!

God Bless you too.

Lyn

I don't even know what to say....
default_no.gif
I can't even imagine what she is going through. You must be a very special friend to her, for her to call you like that. She knows that she can depend on you when she needs it....{{{{{HUGS}}}}} for Lisa and her family.....

Oh Lisa, there just are no words......I am praying very hard for you and your family.
default_pray.gif

Donna, I was in total shock when I read your email yesterday morn. I had just talked with Lisa (email) on Tuesday, and she told me what a big help Nik has been. I feel so bad for her..there just are no words. PLEASE tell her if there is anything I can do to let me know. I will be keeping her in our thoughts and prayers. Do you know if there is going to be a on-line obit so the forum members can sign the book? I know you are there for her, as her very special friend and she will need you. You also call if you need anything. I just wish I was on the other side of the state to help her. (((hugs)))

I am so sorry, my thoughts and prayers are with Lisa and her family.

I don't know her but my prayers go out to her and her family as well as their friends who will need extra strength to get them through this.

Oh Dona......I am just in tears tto read this news. This is just so sad....Lisa is such a nice lady....I remember meeting her up at the winona,mn mini show. She doesn't deserve so much pain/loss. prayers, prayers and more prayers to lisa and her family for strength and peace

can you post an address we can send cards to, please?

That is just awful! Thoughts and prayers go out to Lisa! I am so very sorry to hear this.

Lisa, My prayers go out to you, praying that you have the strength to get through this terrible tragedy. We only think we can imagine what you are going through. Only someone who has lost a child, like Donna, has any idea of how awful it must be for you. Lean on your friends. ((((Hugs &
default_wub.png
))))

OMG!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
How horrible!!! I can't even imagine.............!!!!!!!! Hugs to her in this terrible time of her life- how incredibly tragic.

I am so sorry for this news...I wish there were something I could do to help.

The pain she is in is unimaginable to me.

My thoughts are with her as she copes with her losses, especially this recent one.

Liz

Lisa-

My thoughts and prayers are with you as you deal with this terrible tragedy.

Barbie

There are no words that can be said to ease your sorrow I know, but I am really sorry to hear about your tragedy. My prayers will be with you . Joyce

Latest posts

Back