Prayers Needed...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockin r

Reaction score
This is a very sad story...

Art and I have had Cubby for a few weeks, by way of DHS. We started to notice neglect of Cubby so a few weeks ago I went to her apt to see about keeping him on every weekend till she could get straightened out. She appeared to have been high, was very incoherant, he kept telling me he was hungry. I asked her what she wanted me to do, she told me to take him. I took Cubby, went to my car and called the police, waited for them to come. When they got there she had drove out the back exit. She has "exhibited" severe drug use in the past few months. I called DHS and they went to her apt. Case worker said the apt was in horrible condition, gave her 4 days to clean it up. Case worker went back on the 5th day, she said she did not think it could have gotten worse, but it did. That she had not done anything to clean it up. His mother signed him over to us as a safe place for him indefinately. 5 days ago she was evicted from her apt, 3 days ago she was arrested for having pot in her car. 2 days ago she was admitted by her daughter to the local hospital. Today I got a call from her Sister, Cubby's mother has advanced lung and brain cancer. I feel so awful for Cubby and I am sooooooooo mad at myself for thinking the worse of her. She has had lung cancer 2x, but she continued to smoke, heavily. She does have a past of drug abuse, but she insisted that she was not on drugs, I did not believe her..no one did. The State has ordered me to keep him away from her, and I have abided by that till now. I am calling DHS Monday am and tell them they and all of us were wrong. She needs to be with her son. I will continue to keep him, but she needs to see him. It is soo advanced in her brain that she has no short term memory, she sleeps alot and she don't remember DHS taking him away from her. They are starting chemo now, but the prognosis is very bad. Prayers for her, and for him to remember his momma.

default_no.gif
That is sad......I just lost a friend of mine days before Christmas to cancer of the esophagus....he had been diagnosed this past July
default_sad.png

It doesn't seem to get easier does it....my friend's passing sure made me look at what is important in life pretty darn quick....it made me make some decisions on things and move on with things that I was trying to not have to deal with....

You all will be in my thoughts

((((hugs))))

~kathryn

Theresa, I am so sorry. I had noticed you and Art have had Cubby a lot but just thought good for you. I am so sorry to hear about Cubby's mom. He is so lucky to have you and Art. ((((HUGS)))) to you my friend and give Cubby a hug too.

Barbie

OMG That's horrible.
default_sad.png
I'm glad you noticed something was going on and have been taking care of Cubby. I'm glad she moved to OK where she's been near by. I hate to think of what would have happened to him or her if she hadn't had you and Art to help. I'm so sorry for her cancer! I'm sending prayers! For her and for you all. Wow, I'm stunned Sis.

My love to you all!

So very sorry for everyone......The entire situation is tragic.
default_sad.png

Thank God you have been there for Cubby. Blessings.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh what a tragic situation - life is just so unfair at times.

Sending prayers and hugs for you all.

Anna

Thank you everyone....She is in real bad shape. Although Cubby does not ask for her anymore, I want him to remember her...

How very sad for you all.

I hope Cubby is able to see her once your weather clears. Poor lil guy, he is so lucky to have you both.

TR...I am so very sad for Cubby but how awesome that you are there for him. You and the family are in my prayers as little Cubby makes this transition. How sad for him and good that he will be able to be with his Mom but still have a safe harbor in you and Art. I pray for his Mom with that prognosis being bad for her.

Latest posts

Back