Prayers are Needed

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sending prayers you get through all this quickly and finally healthy again.

What a long road to find the problem you had.

Prayers and (((HUGS))) to you and your family

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad that they finally found out the cause. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and hope that you heal quickly and are back to feeling great as soon as possible.

The one thing I really appreciate about the LB forum is that we can get heated and debate things, vehemently disagreeing, but at the very same time people do come together to support each other. I wanted to send an update to those who have cared and have faithfully prayed for me! I want my life to be a testimony to the saving grace of Jesus Christ and the power of prayer! I have to tell you that there are moments in life where without faith you are alone in your pain. Not your nearest and dearest friends can be there with you and experience this with you. Just know that when you have a personal relationship with Christ He will never leave you or forsake you. You can count on it! As He was with Moses, so will He be with you!

I see there are currently some very heated moral discussions. All I have to say is that when you go through something like this everything else fades away. Your relationship with Christ and your family and friends, that is all that truly matters. You really appreciate those that are there for you! Things that mattered seem insignificant. I am very humbled, as I know that what I went through does not compare with much greater challenges in life that many of you have faced. This ran through my head often during 2 very harried weeks. James 1:2-4 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Finally the update... I posted this after my oncology appointment on May 8th, 4 weeks post surgery. "

I am rejoicing to report that the Cleveland Clinic also determined that the cancer was low grade. Negative for cancerous cells in the cell wash, negative for metastasis. I will follow up with the oncologist in October and I won't need chemo! From the bottom of my heart, thank you for your prayers! Psalm 13:6 I will sing unto the LORD, because he hath dealt bountifully with me."

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart, and please contact me if you need prayer for anything. There is nothing too small or large that God can't help. Let me be a testimony to the power of prayer and God's grace!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am SO HAPPY to hear this!! Just read this post- omg what a mess and sorry it took SO LONG for them to find the problem (wasn't it OBVIOUS?!!) I could write a book on horrible medical care and how long it has taken a doctor (after going to MANY) to find a problem............ I have wasted a few years of my life being so incapacitated due to pain and problems and got SO sick of going to one Dr. after another with no answers.... and then there's my BF's medical history... what a NIGHTMARE that was!

I hope you recover quickly and are back to your usual self SOON. I am shocked they didnt go ahead and at least do a hysterectomy!!

That is wonderful news! I have been praying for you daily on my very very early morning drives to work and first thing when I wake up on weekends. Thanks to you I am just a little more patient when the trials of the job hit first thing in the morning, having been praying and listening to David Jeremiah on the radio rather than having talk radio politics set the mood to start my day.

I am so thankful that you will not be needing chemo. You will remain in my prayers. God bless you. Thanks for speaking your heart.

Thanks be to GOD for the great news. Another wonderful example of the power of prayer. He always answers us but sometimes we are too busy, to stubern (sp), or just don't have a relationship with him to listen. You will still be in my prayers in the days to come. Continued good news.

Oh Tab, I am so happy for you! That is wonderful, wonderful news. God does answer prayers. (((HUGS)))

PS--I love the Cleveland Clinic--I think that was smart to go there and not monkey around with our local hospitals. That's where my husband had his open heart and they were wonderful.

Thank you guys! Bless you! I am really blessed.

Laurie, I'm so sorry that your experiences have been terrible! Just like Bcody said, women often aren't taken seriously. You wouldn't think that would be the case, as we are the ones who give birth and tend to understand what pain is. I really think they thought I was just fat, had indigestion, was faking it, or wanting a fix. I don't know, but I think refusal of the injection of narcotics may have been a clue in that I didn't want drugs, I wanted treatment. I needed a CT scan that I couldn't get at urgent care or my PCP.

I have an update on that. I wrote that hospital and I will incur no expenses. I hope that the doctor heard about it, and I hope it shook him up a little bit. The thing that blew my mind is that it was right-flank pain and I received no blood test at all. How did they know that it wasn't appendicitis? They cannot treat people like that, the next person they don't treat and send home with painkillers might die. I didn't take a single prescription drug until I found out what was wrong with me.

As for the complete hysterectomy, that is another blessing. I had discussed that with my doctor before she performed the surgery and I first wanted her to take the left ovary too. God brought me two very trusted friends within the course of a few hours that said that if that ovary was well, keep it. I would have to be on at least 11 years of hormone replacement, which is certainly not the end of the world either, but I just feel that it wasn't the right thing to do. Dermoid ovarian cysts can be on just one ovary. There is a small chance that it could occur on the left side. However, I personally believe that the right side has been a lifetime offender. The dermoid didn't show up until after I had my boys, but that side was always throbbing, causing me persistent grief. I decided to tell my doctor to keep the left one unless it looked suspicious. The left ovary was healthy. They did take some uterine biopsies, but it turned out to be benign mesothelial cells. Mesothelial cells are just slippery cells that prevent the adherence of other tissues. Also, my person belief is that the cancer was mainly due to the extreme and constant irritation caused by the large mass. I believe this is also the determination of both our local hospital and the Cleveland Clinic, otherwise I would be seen much sooner.

I do have an impressive incision, but I'm glad for it because they were able to get this thing out intact. Because of the cancer (even though it was low grade) getting it out intact saved my life. Plus, a dear person on here had hers rupture, and that was an extremely traumatic medical emergency.

Since they got this out the weight has been slipping right off me. I chased my kids for the first time in a year (I barely could do it last year). It was exhilarating! The multitude of strange symptoms was all due to the mass and have been disappearing one by one.

I am grateful, really grateful! All of you have prayed for me, know that you have made a difference and I am so thankful for you!

Debbie, I am so glad your husband got great care at the CC and I hope he is doing great! I have a loved one who had a heart transplant who went/goes there. I think they are rated #1 for cardiology, aren't they? The Mayo Clinic is #1 for GYN cancers, I believe, but the oncologist I saw at the CC is top rated.

Latest posts

Back