Please if you can spare some prayers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valerie

Reaction score
I had to rush down to Salem, OR a couple of weeks ago because my Dad was put in the hospital for low sodium levels.....dangerously low....and while in the hospital his BP dropped to 68 over 33...so they had to move him to Intermediate care unit......and while over there he had a little problem with his blood sugar...he was cold & started shaking really bad....the nurses assitant got him some juice, but I said he is still cold...she got a warm sheet & put it over him?....what good that did I don't know...it did not hold the warmth in. Anyway, to make that long story shorter, we got him stablized and on some meds for BP.....he had to do some rigorous tests earlier that week due to his liver disease and some stomach pains.....well, the docs think the tests that had been done is what depleted his system of the sodium which started this runaway train.

I did get to go back home to Olympia....and did actually get to work for 4 days....and then got a call that will forever haunt me, one of my sisters called and said my little sisters husband committed suicide and their 11 year old daughter found him. It has been such a tough few years for them, her husband has had to have multiple surgeries the past 3 years and then his father passed away from cancer in February, so they had to take care of his estate, property etc....so a lot of stress to put on someone. The same day my Dad got out of the hosp, my brother in law and niece headed to Eastern Oregon so they could see his Dad's best friends and spread his ashes......apparently they got the ashes spread and got a logger (that is what his Dad did) monument put up in his memory the day before. I guess Thurs morning, my brother in law slipped and fell on the friends deck and messed up his back again real bad (I think he had surgery on his back atleast 3 times in the past 3 years...if not more?)... My Dad and my sister both talked to him at lunch time and he was in good spirits.....but I think less than an hour after my sister talked to him a deputy called to tell her he was dead. (My sister had to come back home to work, so was not there when he died). Needless to say we are all in shock, but I would so appreciate it if you all could say some extra prayers for my sister and my niece Hailey. The fact they were 6 hours away from my sister was awful but as families do, we all pitched in and got to her as soon as we could and brought her home to Salem. On the drive home Hailey told my sister that her Dad was in the van with them and he told her to tell my sis he was sorry and would she forgive him. I know a lot of people do not believe in after-death communications but I know they happen. My sister said she forgave him and then Hailey was able to go right to sleep in the van.

Anyway, I think this was for me to get it off my chest and to just please remind everyone to call out for help if you need it and please tell people you love them while they are alive.

I just got back to Olympia for a few days of work and then will head back down to Salem to help sis out again. All I can do at this point is give moral support and hope and pray that my Dad's liver disease does not take him from Hailey this year, I just don't know how much more that little girl can take. Hailey is a very special girl, and it about ripped my heart out to have to leave them today.

Dear Valerie, you have had a full plate to deal with and those are not just nuisance issues but very serious ones. I am so sorry for all you've been going through, and my thoughts go to little Hailey. I had a niece whose husband committed suicide and their 10 year old daughter found him, so I understand the devastation this caused for your family. It also angers me that these men did not consider that it might be their child who found them!

I hope your dad gets stabilized and I hope the family can find comfort and support in one another during these trying times. I'll be thinking of you and please know I am holding you in my heart.

(((((HUGS)))))) Prayers for your family and for you. We have had a similar month. Let's just hope that things turn the corner and soon! I will be especially praying for little Hailey, I just can't even imagine. Poor little sweetie.
default_no.gif

I'm so sorry...for all of you. I will keep your family in my prayers. God bless.

I hate this month with a passion.

How much can one family take?

I'm so sorry Valerie your family has been put through such a trauma. So not fair to any of you. You all have each other to lean on and this is the time to do it. I'm so sorry for you all.

I'm so very sorry that you and your family are having such a terrible time.

Sending hugs and prayers for you all.

Anna

It brought tears to my eyes to read your post! I am so sorry for your loss and for all the things your family is going thru. How awful that your niece was the one who found her dad! I can't even imagine!
default_no.gif

My June has also had its "not so good" moments...finding out my mom has colon cancer still leaves me in shock.
default_unsure.png

My prayers go out to you and your family...{{{hugs}}}

Valerie, I am so very sorry for all that you and your family are going through! My thoughts and prayers are with you!!!

I am so terribly sorry Valerie. And when it is something that didn't have to happen. There is a whole different level of pain I think. You are the best and my heartbreaks that Hailey is going through this. And had to see things no one should ever see. And I absolutely believe he was talking to his family after.

Reading this just broke my heart. I am so sorry to hear what a devastating month your family has endured. My heart really goes out to all of you, and especially to your niece; I hope at the very least her experience gives her some comfort. I hope after all they put him through that the tests will help the doctors to more efficiently treat your father. You will all be in my prayers.

Valerie, I'm so sorry. Know that I'm thinking of you and your family and saying prayers.

Dear Valerie, I read your post, I sympathise, we have had a terrible June as well, hoping for a better month in July, it's almost here, love to you and yours xxx

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers, it has meant so much to me and my family.

Hailey, is ADHD and was just diagnosed with Tourette's a few months back, and for someone who most others would not deem "normal" she is an extraordinary girl and soooooo smart. Hailey has such an adult insight. I just got back home from spending a week in Salem helping Kathy and Hailey out and just trying to get some things done, organized, etc...... actually both my sister and Hailey just never cease to amaze me. These are some strong women...... Hailey's tics have gotten worse (the Tourette's) but we have a special connection, so I am one of her "calming forces" so she was very happy to have me around I think. Hailey also talked to her horse Saidi and told Saidi the story about her dad and explained to Saidi how she needed her to be a "friend"....... she talks to my Dad's dog, Roo the same way. I do think she really has a connection with the animals and of course, I try to do what I can, but then so does the rest of the family. Kathy works for the school district and a group of workers brought out food a couple of different times, so it was so nice to be able to do things besides worry about what to cook next, etc......some very great people out there!

I think now that hubby and I are home and it will be much quieter at Dad's I think it will be an extremely tough week for the girls and my Dad.....so please keep the prayers coming, I know they are working.

Thank you again, although I don't have horses to post about anymore, I do still enjoy reading about what is going on in the forum members lives and sharing and more importantly caring....I do so appreciate you all!

Valerie

Hailey does sound very special and I agree 100% that June was a SUCKY month! My aunt tried to commit suicide on a Tuesday, the next day I found out my SO's grandmother was put on hospice while he's serving in Iraq so I offered to drive his mother over the mountains to see her one last time, then Thursday I flew to California to say goodbye to my grandmother who was dying of pancreatic cancer. She passed away unexpectedly on Friday leaving me to be the one to call my father and tell him his mother was dead.
default_no.gif
My good friend got in a bad car accident that same weekend with her truck and trailer, then another friend lost a full-sized horse foal...I've been waiting for the other shoe to drop. My cousin is up here with her husband and two year old daughter for cancer treatments and the radiation is hitting her harder than expected; we're hoping she survives to see her daughter grow up.

Like you though, family has pulled together to help each other and we're finding unexpected blessings in the time together and facing adversity as a loving group. I will say prayers for Hailey and her mom and your whole family and we'll just keep praying that July is better. It can hardly be worse.

Leia

Last edited by a moderator:
Valerie, I am a new member, I'm so sad reading about all your family has endured. You are certainly included in my prayers.

Sending warm wishes for health and emotional healing.

Latest posts

Back