PlayTime Minis - Finished for 2013; See you in 2014

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be watching - one of the many joys of working from home (at my computer!) and wish you the best of luck. I also predict you will be doing the happy dance when you hear the results. Of course we will be especially interested in seeing how Adriel does, since we own a paternal 1/2 sister. I just can't even imagine 24" tall. Our 28" minis seem tiny to us and Adriel is so perfectly proportioned!! What class will he be showing in (age & sex)? I doubt that at our ages we will ever get to Worlds or Nationals ourselves, and I don't think sending our precious minis to a trainer will work for us. But if we went, we would probably pick Nationals over Worlds because of all those classes for us oldsters!

I'll find out the classes Mary. It's hard sending horses to a trainer. I cried when I said goodbye but I knew I wasn't capable personally of showing these lovely horses and I thought they deserved to be out and about. I would love to participate in fun shows and I'd rather be doing classes other than halter but it's been a dream come true and a lifetime experience watching Danielle show my boys.

I'm basically happy at home on the farm wandering around the fields with the mares and playing with the foals.

OH Mountain woman, you would be surprised at the classes you can show in. Your trainer can show in open, then you can show your horse ametuer, or in the performance classes. Also it is so much fun, just to go, cheer everyone on, and party hard! This spring we took two of our young ones to Williamston, my dughter showed them for me, she's hot, I'm not! HAHA! Any way our two year old colt got three firsts in AOTE and had to go back in the ring for the Championship class. So my duaghter, Crystal too our colt in first, RED, and the judge started to walk around looking at the horses while the other horses were still coming into the ring, I think there were around 16 horses. Anyhow, Peas didn't have enough ametuer handlers and so she kept one of her own horses out and had the ametuers take in the clients horses. Well my dughter deserves the sportsmanship award of the year, as she asked the judge since he had ready looked at RED if she could help Peas out and take her horse in. The judge said yes. The thing is our RED is only 30"s tall and although he will show, isn't trained as well as the other horses, and we knew he wasn't going to place in this class anyhow, but he had to go in to Keep his points. Crystal took Peas colt in and he won Reserve Champion! How great was that, and she got a thrill.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I'm just doing a catch up (been beyond busy here!). Sara, those boys of yours are simply beyond gorgeous! Cant wait to here how they get on at the Worlds, but I'm absolutely positive that you are going to be thrilled with the results.
default_yes.gif

Hope I can get to watch some of it via my laptop - it's such an exciting show for both the competitors and the visitors alike!

Terry, that is such a lovely story!!

I'm just so thrilled horses of mine are going to be there. It's been an amazing summer and my boys are going to be in an ad in AMHA magazine in October or November so that will be another exciting time for me. Had to wait until I was an old lady but dreams of a lifetime do come true. Thank you Anna for your kind words. Still no action on Ms. Wish.

Well, I got permission to share the photo so I'd like to introduce Reece's Apache Lil Love Song - a tiny, filly. She's not coming here but is headed directly to Danielle's for show season 2014 but I'm still excited.

blackappy.jpg

What a gorgeous little girl - how exciting! Can we have more info about her please - and will there be chances for pictures as she progresses?

Sorry it took so long to answer Anna. I've been enjoying being outside with the horses. Her sire is Happy Times Little Apache Feather and dam is Reece's Undisputed Blue Cindy sired by Grosshill EK Undisputed Creation. She's not coming to my farm but to Danielle's show barn so I'll be counting on her for photos but coming home to my farm is her half sister, Reece's Apache Maiden, she has the same sire but her dam is MCC Weaver's Honey. I'll have tons of pictures of her.

smallFile1.jpg

smallFile2.jpg

If you can get a picture from Happy Times Farm or the current registered owner of the sire (I posted the info I had on the main forum thread for contact) I'd be interested in seeing a photo of him.

She's beautiful!!

Trying to get a photo. He's about the only horse around where I can't find an online photo by doing an image search
default_yes.gif

How exciting - not one, but two beautiful little girls!!
default_yes.gif

Have I missed something or have you been very secretive?? Anyway I wish you every success with your new fillies!

No, Anna, not secretive. Just that summers and good weather don't last long in Vermont and I've been spending my days enjoying the horses and I haven't even kept up with everybody else's foaling threads either and I always enjoy those. And with the two fillies, I wanted to make sure they were mine before I started posting.
default_yes.gif
Diane, I can't find a picture of him through my contacts. Someone has to have one I would think somewhere.

Have you contacted Happy Times or the current owner? Perhaps they can help. I went throughmy album of 100+ pictures I have saved, and didn't have one either, but I'll bet Happy Times has one.

O, MY...!!

default_drool5.gif

What a lovely filly! Or is the 2nd set of pics of the 2nd filly? IF so, they are both AWESOME!

You guys are going to make me want appy spots soooooo bad!! I've even seen a couple of silver dapple ones. I may just have to get one, some day. Who do I put an "order" in with for a silver dapple, spotted filly that will make a driving horse??

And that little guy in your group of boys (Mikey?) is too CUTE! I will have to watch to see how he does.

Paula, thanks! I have one black and white spotted filly and one palomino spotted filly
default_yes.gif
I've never seen a silver dapple appy and I'd love to see a picture! Here's Miss Wish today. She's big as a baby elephant but I think she'll make it to September. Lots of chickens in the background roaming around.

2013august29thapachepaper 008.JPG

2013august29thapachepaper 009.JPG

2013august29thapachepaper 010.JPG

2013august29thapachepaper 011.JPG

She's looking good, but judging from her udder she has a little way to go yet. Any news about Silver?

Back