Pacific Pintos Miniature Horses Foaling Cams

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Middle of the night again and she's still just hoovering! I suggest that she stops that at once and concentrates more on TCB (taking care of business!!).
default_yes.gif

I did an ultrasound on her yesterday and the foal's head is in the right position. Udders remain unimpressive. It was raining today and she was in all day. Think she will be ready for a good roll tomorrow.

Remember what your Momma says Treasure - lots of big rolls when you are next outside!!

2.30am and as usual she's dozing!

Still hoovering...can't believe she hasn't popped! I bet she's miserable!

Im joining in a bit late but late is better than never
default_smile.png
She is just laying down resting, hopefully thinking about squeezing that foal.. Just as i was about to post, shes back up standing lol

She's looking irritated...lots of tail swishing, belly biting and turning to look at her belly...maybe soon?!?!?! I thought for sure if I didn't look at the cam for 24 hours that she would surely foal...not so much...

11.45am and the cam is down (for me?) - perhaps it is just because Treasure is outside. Fingers crossed that all is ok!

Lol, I have been lurking here impatiently waiting on Treasure too. I was debating on using Marestare but now wonder if I should because I am so shy! You guys are funny.

Last edited by a moderator:
WOOHOO!!! I finally caught a live birth!!! Treasure seems a bit shocked still, but she just stood up
default_smile.png
such a good girl!! What an adorable filly
default_wub.png
I took a screenshot but it won't let me upload
default_sad.png

A repost from Mare Stare:

Thank you to all you "Aunties" that called and woke me up. You were all indeed right that she was about to foal and had I been reading earlier posts, there were several of you that saw it more than an hour in advance.

For those that were watching live, the labor was happening but the water did not break. I watched for several minutes and she was having good contractions with no change. When I checked her I could feel the placenta in her hoohoo, and after verifying that I could feel hooves and a muzzle, I broke the sac.

Once again labor started and the amnionic sac was right at the opening and yet the labor was not pushing the foal further out. Once the feet were at the opening I broke the amnionic sac and started assisting the foal out. It was a slow go, especially as this is her first foal. I did not want her to tear, but wanted the foal out A.S.A.P.

Fortunatly I was able to get the foal out safely and she is a quite active foal.
filly.gif

Both Sire AND Dam are homozygous black, so this filly will be as well. Soooo even though she looks white, she is a black horse. Confused yet
huh.gif
??

She does have some spots of color on her rump, and her ears have roan like color as well. More color may appear as she gets older, as foals are lighter than adults.

Her sire is a sabino splashed white and dam is a frame sabino splashed white, so there are five color genes between them. Likely she will be carrying at least three color genes and could very well be homozygous for one or more.

Only her dna geneticist will be able to tell us for sure.

She is a color producing dynamo.

As I said on my Tweet from the barn, the phone calls that woke us up made all the difference to getting there in a timely manner. Though when I woke up she was standing innocently in the corner and looked no difference. I got up and got dressed and by that time and with an additional call from Julie in NC I saw her have a contraction and headed to the barn.

You have no idea how much both Treasure and I appreciate your watching over her.
bighug.gif
modify_inline.gif

Darn, wish she would have picked an earlier time
default_smile.png
! I got tired of watching her hold up the wall lol. I think I just got convinced again to check into Marestare.

Oops. Congratulations on a little beauty Joanne!

Many CONGRATULATIONS Joanne - what a gorgeous little filly. Makes that long wait suddenly very worth while!
default_firstprize.gif

I'm so mad I missed it I've been watching every night for the longest time. she foaled right after I stopped watching and went to sleep! Filly is gorgeous though congrats!

Latest posts

Back