Pacific Pintos Miniature Horses 2013 Foaling Year

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanne

Reaction score
Tequila is 300 days today. Her first foal was born at 321 days. Like last time, her croup has already dropped and hollowed out.

The last time she foaled she had medium udders, asked to come into a stall in the early afternoon and foaled less than an hour later standing up at 3:25 pm.

We have a number of first time pregnant mares as well as several high risk mares due in 2013.

I sincerely appreciate all the extra eyes on my mares.

The first four mares due are bred to this "Monet', our AMHA homozygous for black splashed white sabino overo pinto.

http://www.marestare.com/fcam.php?alias=pacificpintos

Wow JoAnne ...it sounds like you really have a full schedule ahead of you this year! With those first time moms I know you'll have your work cut out for you too. I watched your video posted about small maiden mares and how you are now dealing with the problem of them moving while you are trying to help deliver the foal.

I hope the rest of your foalings are safe for mom and baby and I will sure be watching! Your horses are beautiful, by the way, and I admire your breeding program.

It will be a pleasure to help watch your gorgeous girls for you Joanne, so sorry for your loss earlier this year. It sounds as though Tequila is getting very close. Good luck and prayers for a smooth safe foaling and a healthy baby.
default_yes.gif

Wish I could help watch but we are on limited internet...hoping for a textbook foaling season for you and your beautiful ladies!
default_smile.png

Thanks everyone. It was a rough start to my year. Very rough. I am going to need all your help.

Yep, I am here too,
default_thumbup.gif
Thanks for letting us in again this year Joanne, your cam is always a pleasure to watch. My condolences for your loss.

I am sending prayers and positive vibes for a safe and easy foaling year
default_pray.gif

Oh can't wait to see all pretty baby's, I'll be watching as we'll.... Fingers crossed for heathy foaling season for you.

Cam#4 is Tinka. She is nine months now and a Regumate pregnancy. This will be our first foaling with her. She has NEVER had a live birth. She aborted at 9 months and followed with a full term loss, both with her previous owner.

We will have to play musical stalls with her as there are MANY mares due before her. She remains one of two HIGH RISK pregnancies.

With everyones help lets give her a live foal this time.

Thanks for the update Joanne. It is just after midnight and all is quiet

I have two mares, Tinka and Lucky Charm, both due on the same day and both Regumate mares. Unfortunatly they have quite a few mares due in front of them, so we will be playing musical stalls with them.

Both mares are in the risky nine month zone when minis love to loose their foals.

The weather has been gorgeous here and both mares would rather be out with their herd. We are juggling potential stress with my own desire to bubble wrap them and keep them in a stall for protection.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keeping fingers crossed for the rest of your foaling season. Our Regumate mare, after aborting once at about 9 months, produced our very first live foal and still the best (Max), so there is something to think about.

That is her second priority, her first one is to hold the wall up so the barn doesn't colapse. ROFL

She has been much more animated at night. Redecorating for the upcoming birth.

She spread her food all around the stall last night and then hunted down all the pieces. She is sure happy to come in at the end of the day.

Joanne,

So happy to see you and your gorgeous girls are back for another season
default_smile.png

I am so sorry to hear your loss from earlier this year. I hope and pray that the rest of the year is good for you and that all your mums and babies are happy and healthy and text book
default_smile.png

logging on at 6:45pm your time and cam isn't up yet but thats ok

I'm sure it will be up shortly.

I will be watching and am so excited for your foals this season!

welcome back!

Tequila down sternal for a little snooze 9:21pm

9:26pm Tequila back up and now holding up the wall
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Cassie. It should be a colorful year.

I think Tequila has a couple of weeks to go, but I have been surprised before.

Tequila is our first mare due.

Fame is 292 days and will be in later this week due to the rain forecasted. I just got her a year ago and she and I need some bonding time as well before she foals.

Latest posts

Back