Pacific Pintos Miniature Horses Foaling Cams

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you. all for your kindness.

Truely Anne and I are just fine. She will be back on cameras later today, but out for a well deserved stroll for the day. If she seems tired we will bring her in sooner.

I have just got home and came straight to see Annie. Joanne I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad Annie is ok and recovering mentally.

RIP little one

Anne is still calling for her foal and following me around. I am hoping she will be willing to be in her stall tonight and back on camera.

If not we will find a safe spot with her herd to help heal her pain.

Physically Anne is just fine, which is all that matters to me.

I am fine with it as the foal was clearly not meant to be alive.

Joanne, I just want to say what a wonderful person you are
default_smile.png

you handled everything so well with Anne, and have been so calm through all of this, big hugs

I really hope and pray Anne goes through this ok, she is such a beautiful mare. poor thing.

She means a lot to me. She just arrived at the end of January, but stole our hearts from the start.

This mare is truly 3 demensional. She has a complex personality and is an intellectual, college grad with a masters program kind of gal.

I am so proud of her allowing me to foal her breach foal and trusting me. I just watched the replay and she stood up throughout the manipulations and birthing of the foal. That allowed me to get the foal out quickly.

To have a horse's trust in a crisis like this is so rewarding for me. I am just glad she was able to allow me to help her. Because of that we were able to do it quickly without having to wait for a veterinarian to arrive. Though I was in communication with the vet both during and after the birth.

Anne's health was paramount in my thoughts.

Her standing up made all the difference in the breach birth. I was so, so lucky she trusted me after only six months.

It is ironic that all her previous four births were out in a pasture unattended and live, and I have all the bells and whistles and have a dead foal.

Ahh fate can be fickle.

Off to bed early to get some much needed sleep. These stars I am seeing are blinding......

Thank you all for your encouragement. Anne is back on the live camera and seems to be fine. I will continue to monitor her tonight and hope to let her out in the am.

Give Anne a big hug from all of us Aunties, and take one for yourself too Joanne - you both deserve it.
default_yes.gif

((((HUGS))))

Anne has requested to be with the other mares and their foals. She is the most contented there and does not bother the mares and lets the foals and mares eat with her.

For the first few days after she foaled she wanted to be with them during the day and back in her stall at night. But starting last night she made it clear she did not want to come back into the stall at night.

Since the exercise is good for her and she is stress free with "her herd", we are allowing her to stay with them.

The cams will be off for a few weeks while we clean the stalls from this years foaling and prepare a stall for Treasure. Then we willl be back on foal watch.

See you then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Give Anne a hug
default_smile.png

It's so nice to see a breeder listening to their horses.

Right now I am ready to bubble wrap her and keep her in the barn. LOL

But fortunatly she knows better than I do.

Anne was the one mare I would have loved to have bred for next year, but we had hoped she would foal earlier.

I am undecided. She is having her first heat now, just a week after foaling. She is content with the moms and babies and I am letting her continue to exercise daily and go through the hormonal postpartum changes. I would love to breed her to Jazz, but I know even if I do, not all mares will get in foal after foaling. I plan to give her another month and see how she is. We are able to ultrasound her and see what her uterus looks like and if she is ovulating.

Tempting though. Anne x Jazz

annie1.jpg
X
jazz2.jpg

So glad to hear that she is making a steady recovery, both physically and mentally. Yes, that cross would be soooooooo tempting, but as you said, it does make for a rather late foal next year. Still we all know that you have Anne's best interests at heart and I cant wait to see the resulting baby if you do go ahead.
default_yes.gif

Nice cross! I know what you mean though about late babies, my latest ones are December babies which puts them right at the start of Aussie summer. I'm not rebreeding one of those girls so I can push her back earlier in the season. It also puts them well out of contention for showing as the group I'm with insists on them being 3 months old.

wow!! what a cross that would be!! I can see what you mean about the late foaling
default_sad.png

I know you will make the right decision Joanne
default_smile.png
give our special Anne a big hug from me!

Joanne o wow o wow what a match they would be.Keep us posted on Anna she and the sire are so Fine.

Treasure is in a barn stall now. She 273 days today and this is her first foal. We do not expect a foa luntil October.

She seemed to need some TLC and we though some extra care would be good for her.

Camera lights are off at night for now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back