Mary's Pregnancy & Foaling Thread- SHE FOALED 5/22~~~FILLY~~~!!! New PICS pg 56

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Diane you know how I love to be different
default_smile.png
well I think Mary looks to be at the same stage as Odette and I don't expect a foal for at least 2 if not 3 weeks
default_new_shocked.gif
Sorry Ben but her butt is still lovely and round and she just looks way to healthy, when they get close they get that sorry for themselves look. If Mary wants to prove me wrong that will be just fine but in the meantime lets place our bets.

I say sorrel filly on the 24th May

Well I sure hope Diane is right- no offense! Haha
default_smile.png

I couldn't resist checking pH again, I'm going to have to buy more strips if she decides to hold out for more than a week haha.

It is still 7.0 but I have hope it will drop soon
default_smile.png
her udder is huuuge today compared to two days ago. I can only hope that it will be bigger tomorrow
default_smile.png

Diane you know how I love to be different
default_smile.png
well I think Mary looks to be at the same stage as Odette and I don't expect a foal for at least 2 if not 3 weeks
default_new_shocked.gif
Sorry Ben but her butt is still lovely and round and she just looks way to healthy, when they get close they get that sorry for themselves look. If Mary wants to prove me wrong that will be just fine but in the meantime lets place our bets.

I say sorrel filly on the 24th May
Ok before I make any bets, I want to hear some expert opinion on what they could have.

On Rowdy's papers it says he is a Dun Pinto, and he is LWO+ and he has one blue eye. His site is Lucky Four Medicine Man and dam is Double A Little Windy.

Mary's papers say Sorrel with Flaxen Mane & Tail. Her sire is Flabys Hear The Thunder and dam is Just Kayla. Mary has some white spots on her back and little white hairs in places, but I am assuming that is from being 17 years old!

(doubt any of their parents are recognizable, just thought I'd list them)

Both of them come from pretty small lines, do hopefully this baby is the perfect mini size with great markings
default_smile.png

So...what are the possibilities?

I cant help with colors as Im clueless...LOL I just honestly would like to see either of our girls have their foals already.....this is like watching grass grow
default_gaah.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Just went to check her because she was laying flat out in the shade and her tail movements were suspicious. Nothing, of course.

But her hooha looks puffy to me compared to this morning...

Check it out-

1057ef73.jpg

And Renee, I think she is at the miserable stage haha....just look at this! But, I do think we are at least a week away.

e71a5dab.jpg

I'm going to say May 19th, but I'm still not betting on a color until I hear some opinions on the possibilities.

thats funny you picked may 19th.....I have a feeling thats when lily will go....only because thats the 1 night noone will be home
default_sad.png
Im going to have a friend stay the night to be safe!

Oh Ben, she is such a pretty girl - even when she's looking a bit mizz. LOL!!

As she missed the Super Moon I'm going t guess 20th May - the New Moon!!

I used a foal calculator and here are the (extremely vague) results of what the foal's color could be.

8.33% -

Black Tovero

8.33% -

Black Tobiano

8.33% -

Black Sabino

8.33% -

Black Frame/Sabino

8.33% -

Bay Tovero

8.33% -

Bay Tobiano

8.33% -

Bay Sabino

8.33% -

Bay Frame/Sabino

8.33% -

Chestnut Tovero

8.33% -

Chestnut Tobiano

8.33% -

Chestnut Sabino

8.33% -

Chestnut Frame/Sabino

Oh and if you're wondering who I am (I've never posted on this thread) I'm a newbie here =)

Welcome to the Maternity Unit, Emily - great to have you with us.
default_yes.gif

So, as Diane says (and because we are a nosey, but very friendly lot) we need details (and of course pics if you can) of your minis. please!

Wow! That is very informative!

You are spot on with Rowdy-

He has four white hooves, back two legs are all white, front legs have white socks with black knees and brown above that. His mane is all white except for his bangs, which I guess are black or dark brown. His tail is multicolored, but mostly dark with a few white hairs.

The patches on his body fade out into the white- if that means anything.

Here are some pictures of him.....

d074438d.jpg

571c2d9b.jpg

51730dba.jpg

a3304949.jpg

So....still think he is a bay tobiano/frame (overo)/sabino? Haha, that sure is a mouthful!

Oh man, I would die for a bay or black of any pattern! And a huge bonus would be if at least one blue eye snuck in
default_smile.png

I'm going to place my bet now....

May 19th, Bay Tovero colt with one blue eye
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ben
default_smile.png

I'm going to agree with Diane on the colours, not seeing a lot of dun there but he is probably bay with tobi/sabino/frame.

Colour wise you're most likely to get Bay followed by Chestnut and a small chance of Black. Plus the addition of what ever white the sire passes along
default_smile.png
Could be a colourful bub!

I'm still learning as well
default_new_rofl.gif
But I use the term tovero much to same people's great annoyance ;)

I THINK you've got it right though!

Well, Emily.........show yourself, and let us know about you and your horses!! Do you have any mares getting ready to foal, or are you just joining us to help share the knowledge and have some fun???

WELCOME!
Welcome to the Maternity Unit, Emily - great to have you with us.
default_yes.gif

So, as Diane says (and because we are a nosey, but very friendly lot) we need details (and of course pics if you can) of your minis. please!
Well I did have a horse named Coco that I basically trained myself but we had to sell her =( She was a normal sized horse probably 14.1 hands and bay. She is very pretty. But her new owners live right down the road so we can see her whenever we like. As for minis... I dont have any (yet...mwahaha) but I am getting one VERY soon. We have to finish adding an extra strand to our fence so the lil one cant get out. I am looking at a pregnant mare named sassy, a foal who is about 6 months old, or a mare who comes with her new baby. I would like to have the mare and baby because they could keep each other company. Oh, and I want to cart/ trick train when the baby gets old enough. Sorry for the super long post. Rowdy is beautiful by the way and Mary looks great!

Hi Emily and Welcome
default_saludando.gif
You just be careful when you buy your mini cos they are VERY addictive and before you know it you will have a herd of little fluffy chips sitting outside
default_new_rofl.gif

Nothing new to report today....she is acting about the same.

But she has been rolling and resting quite a bit....and her hooha is looking like it finally realized it has a job to do here soon. (hopefully)

Last night I had a dream that it was a little black pinto filly with a blue eye....but that could have been influenced by Gracie's new little filly!

LOL...we both have about the same ideas as what we want. black pinto basically....thats funny. Fingers crossed you have a foal next weekend I surely wouldnt wish this wait on anyone.....its a horrible wait LOL

Check out this UDDER! Sheesh Mary, you been doin some shoppin!!!

81534821.jpg

06068733.jpg

pH is at 7.0, more green than blue. I have hope it will start dropping- she is really filling up each night.

Latest posts

Back