Mary's Pregnancy & Foaling Thread- SHE FOALED 5/22~~~FILLY~~~!!! New PICS pg 56

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok thanks
default_thumbup.gif

So I just went to check on her and she was down in her stall doing what she was doing earlier today- laying down and grunting occasionally, rymthmically. She rolled on to her side flat out and kind of rolled around a little and then got up and started eating some hay.

Went and grabbed a test strip- earlier today she was a dark 6.8, but just now she is a light 6.8- not quite a 6.4, but definitely different than earlier today!!

I'm going to go back out there every half our or so then see how it goes.

I have a feeling tomorrow night I'm going to be sleeping in the car right next to her stall, and until she foals. For tonight I will have my last night in my bed
default_smile.png

Oh and her hooha was blood red when I checked her pH this last time, but she had just got done laying down and rolling so I bet that was it.

Her udder is warm and big, but not very hard. Her nipples are starting to fill in more and fluid is easily expressed. She has jello butt, and her tailhead is looser but she still has some control to clamp it down.

I really think we are close! I can't wait to see how she looks in the morning, and see what you all think!

It all sounds great Ben, she's progressing beautfully and I dont think she will keep you waiting much longer - she might not wait until my guess of the 20th or even yours of the 19th!!

Just wanted to wish Murphy luck for today (it was Monday for the vet wasn't it?). How long will he have to stay there?

Sending him ((((HUGS)))). Be a brave boy Murphy - you are soon going to feel a lot better.
default_yes.gif

Thanks you guys! Murphy isnt going into surgery today- just getting one final look over and make sure his meds are where they should be for surgery sometime this week. Not exactly sure when he will be going in, but it will be by this Friday. I'll be sure to keep you all posted!

He is doing really good, just has a hard time walking- and he is really fed up with having to stay in his small kennel 24/7, but it is for the best. I'm not sure how long he will be staying at the vets post op, but recovery is going to take a minimum of 6 weeks.

Mary is the same- miserable looking.

I haven't taken pics or tested pH yet- will do that soon and post the results/pictures!

Alright pH is the same as yesterday/last night- 6.8

She wouldn't let me get a picture from behind, kept turning her head and making her belly look all weird.

But here are the pictures I did manage to get...

ec6cafd8.jpg

639a9b01.jpg

3ec3f045.jpg

0630d85b.jpg

Even though she seems to be getting closer and showing some signs, I have a feeling we will be waiting for at least a couple more days- probably more like a week. But I do feel like we are on the down hill side, and getting very close.

I am so happy right now!!

Just got done with the vet and Murphy has reay surprised him with how good he is doing!

We scheduled the surgery...tomorrow morning!! I'm nervous, but so excited at the same time! I'm so thankful I can give him what he needs and deserves, and I am praying it goes as planned and he can walk again.

Im dropping him off tomorrow morning and won't be seeing him until Friday- so that sucks, but it is for the best.

I just feel so relieved already! I know tomorrow I will be a nervous wreck until I hear how surgery went, but right this minute I am feeling so happy!

I'll be sure to keep you all posted!
default_smile.png

Great news about Murphy - and good luck for tomorrow. I think you are wise in keeping away from the vets until Murphy is ready to come home, I do feel that our beloved pets can often get more stressed if we visit when they are elsewhere and then walk out on them again - they must feel completely deserted, bless them.

As to Mary - well I think she is now in a position where she could change quickly and foal (as she has had babes before) or simply take her time and keep us waiting a bit longer. No help at all am I? LOL!!

Dropped Murphy off at the neurosurgeons this morning for his surgery!

I won't be picking him up until Thursday or Friday. The house seems so different without him! But he is in great hands.

Have an update on Mary. I think her belly is starting to V, and her milk went from clear (totally clear yesterday) to an amber tinted clear color this morning when I checked. pH is still at 6.8, but with her milk changing color I'm assuming the pH will change along with it- I'm going to test again this afternoon.

I think we are on track for a weekend baby!

Here's a side pic

a75f7165.jpg

Udder

b68e3f6b.jpg

0c356a23.jpg

And one of my boy- praying the surgeon has steady hands and all goes according to plan, & that Murphy will heal without any difficulties and be back to normal. (or as close to normal as possible!)

1ae02e4e.jpg

Oh he has such a beautiful little face - thank you for posting his picture. I'll be praying for a successful outcome and recovery for him, bless him.
default_yes.gif

With Mary - well I think you can expect to see her new baby anytime. She has changed shape and her bag is almost perfect. That ph could drop so quickly, so think you had better be in your car from now on!!

Thank you both! I will be sure to update everyone. I should be hearing from the vet in the next two hours, so I'm praying for good news!

Do you really think she is looking close??! I was just going to test her and I cannot find my test strips ANYWHERE!! It is frustrating the h*** out of me! I might just give up and go to the store and buy some pool strips! By the time the foal-time strips were delivered she will probably have foaled.

Her udder really is looking big, isn't it! What do you think about her teats- still need some filling or?

Here is a pic of her hooha- it is still pale inside, and I can't really tell a difference in it but maybe you can!

I will definitely be sleeping in the car from now on! I just wish I could find those dang strips and test her again!

Ben Lily's PH changed real quick....10 am it was within 24 hours....3 pm it was within 12 hours...she foaled at 6:20! I have read about it changing faster...just really didnt think lily would go that fast because she didnt do anything else fast LOL

Ben Lily's PH changed real quick....10 am it was within 24 hours....3 pm it was within 12 hours...she foaled at 6:20! I have read about it changing faster...just really didnt think lily would go that fast because she didnt do anything else fast LOL
WOW!! That IS fast!

I've torn my entire house apart looking for these test strips and I can't find them anywhere!! I just had them this morning- ugh!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm definitely keeping a close eye on her- I hope she goes soon!

You probably left them in her stable and she's either eaten them or hidden them to keep you from testing to find out when she's going to have this baby! LOL!! She's going to keep you guessing!!
default_frusty.gif
default_whistling.gif

I found them! And, as it always is when you are trying hard to find something, they were right where I put them- in plain view. Haha.

Anyways- this time it was immediately an apparent 6.8 when yesterday it was a darker 6.8.

I think she is moving right along...hope to see a baby by this weekend!

You probably left them in her stable and she's either eaten them or hidden them to keep you from testing to find out when she's going to have this baby! LOL!! She's going to keep you guessing!!
default_frusty.gif
default_whistling.gif
The barn and her stable were the first places I looked! Haha
default_smile.png
the thought of her hiding them to keep me from testing is totally something I can imagine her doing hahahahaha!

Oh come on Mary we want one before the weekend..I wont be anywhere near a computer to see it until monday...come on mary lets have this baby already I dont want to miss this one
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back