Mary's Pregnancy & Foaling Thread- SHE FOALED 5/22~~~FILLY~~~!!! New PICS pg 56

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing new to report today. Well, actually her pH has either stayed the same or dropped slightly- but at least it isn't going up!

Ugh- not what I wanted to hear....at least two more weeks? Ah! I will surely be a zombie by then! Haha.

Like I said before, it really doesn't matter how long it takes- as long as he is cooked to perfection
default_smile.png

Ben I am in the same boat as you, my mare is 323 days and showing no signs of foaling any time soon. It is all part of the mini fun
default_yes.gif

I dont think that you will have to wait as long as two weeks to see Mary's new baby - she looks closer than that to me, but of course with these mares, who can be sure of anything! LOL!!

Hope you have recovered from your very stressful day Ben, that must have been very scarey for you, but it was wonderful to read of Rowdy's response to you once you had called him - brilliant!
default_yes.gif

And that is great news about Murphy - will be saying prayers for him next Monday.

Oh Anna I hope you are right, I will keep my fingers crossed
default_smile.png

This morning when I went to feed and check on everything, I was surprised to see she had done some shopping!!

I will post the pictures when I'm done uploading them!

Can't wait to see what you all think
default_smile.png

K here are the pics-

3e196886.jpg

c3ce70f7.jpg

729d2033.jpg

98e8bf6d.jpg

She has some big ol' front boobies today, and he udder is bigger than yesterday- but still has some filling to do. pH tested at 7.0 today.

Today she decided I could take as many pictures of her udder as I wanted, but as soon as I tried to lift her tail up for the glorious hooha picture, she decided the photo shoot was over. So no hooha pic for today, but it is looking the same as yesterday. Which makes me wonder....

...do ALL mares hooha's look swollen before they foal? Dumb question- but when I look at all the other threads, the mares hooha's all seem to be so elongated and swollen compared to Mary- and those other mares have swollen hooha's for a long time before foaling out....I hope that isn't a sign that Mary is going to take another month to show me this baby!

I believe the answer is yes they will all elongate and swell.....I believe some can do it shortly before delivery and some can do it awhile prior to....I could be wrong so dont quote me....Diane and Renee are the pros LOL. Ive just been reading everything I can find and think thats what I remember reading...dont feel bad if you have to wait another month...I have a feeling Ill be waiting with you
default_frusty.gif
Lily is Killing me

Ben all mares will elongate and most swell too but as to when it depends on how the foal is sitting, as the foal gets into position it will put pressure on the hooha causing it to swell.

This is one of my mares last year 10 days before foaling and then the day she foaled, as you can see there is quite a difference.

2011 pregnancy 005.jpg

an hour previous.JPG

Thanks ladies! That really helps!
default_smile.png

Well, nothing new to report right now- but we will see how she is looking at dinner time.

I'm really hoping you are right and I won't be waiting another month!

I'm going back to school on June 25 so I really hope she has it at least a week before that so I can spend a lot of time with them.

I can't imagine her going another month, but i guess if she were to foal at 350 that would be closer to the beginning of June.

The waiting is killing me, but at least she is looking good and progressing- no matter how slow.

Ben trust me I pray for you that she doesnt go that long.....its not much fun that far out. Lily still refuses to give up that baby. I have threaten her several time but am seriously thinking about a trailer ride and a nice walk through the woods friday....hopefully to move things along
default_smile.png
at this rate it probably wont work either
default_no.gif

Well here are tonight's pictures...she has really decided to keep her udder, and do some shopping! I can't wait to see what it looks like in the morning!

No foal tonight...oh well!

b104a275.jpg

2b599535.jpg

0a067874.jpg

46c8ce04.jpg

02524637.jpg

....so?

I told you several posts ago that you wouldn't be waiting two weeks for Mary to foal!! Good girl Mary, not long now!

I told you several posts ago that you wouldn't be waiting two weeks for Mary to foal!! Good girl Mary, not long now!
I've been banking on that post, haha
default_smile.png
I won't hold it against you if she does go two weeks, but I really don't think she will.

I'm having doubts about the possibility of a baby on my moms birthday (12) or mothers day...but I guess things could change quickly!

I just wish her hooha would get its act together and catch up!

she is making great progress Ben, as soon as her milk test drops from 6.8 you will have a day or two to go
default_thumbup.gif

Alright this morning she has a bigger udder than yesterday/last night!

AND- it is soooooo easy to get a sample to test. The last few days it hasn't been very easy, and I was only getting the smallest . to test....but now it's coming out so easy!

Will post pics after I take some!
default_smile.png

Alrighty....here are the pictures!

I couldn't get very good Udder pictures so the one will have to do until later this evening.

3ec0247b.jpg

ccc9e535.jpg

9e8ee764.jpg

0bd708cc.jpg

Okay, it looks like she still has a little rolling to do, to get baby perfectly positioned, in my opinion, although baby has dropped, and is certainly being carried a little "forward of center" -- so that's good. Her udder is looking better -- and will most likely coincide with her getting her baby in the "go" position -- I'm sure a few extra days of filling is what's needed.

So, all in all, she's making steady progress, and your little one should be arriving soon.
So good to hear! I just watched her roll about three times, and now she is laying down taking a nap.

I'm really looking forward to the next couple days to see how she progresses...I have a feeling she's kicking it into a higher gear
default_smile.png

She still has a lot of resistance in her tailhead...she can clamp it down pretty tight.

Maybe after a few days of rolling, shopping, relaxing/elongating and loosening up we will see a baby
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back