Mary's Pregnancy & Foaling Thread- SHE FOALED 5/22~~~FILLY~~~!!! New PICS pg 56

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She's looking good Ben. Not long to go now - and she could move quickly as she has had foals before!!
default_yes.gif

Mary has been out shopping!! She might need to hit the stores a couple more times but I bet she does not have too many purchases to make. Come on Mary!!!

She went shopping again!!! AND pH has dropped! For the last couple days it has been around 7.0-7.2 (it was probably 7.2 and it was just wishful thinking on my part reading at 7.0) but this morning it is testing way more green than blue! I'm thinking it is getting really close to dropping to 6.8. I'll be testing again later today to see, and I will post pictures then too.

It is so easy to get a sample to test now- basically just poke her udder and a drop comes out haha! It's getting FULL!

Last night she did a whole lot of rolling and when I went out there this morning she was sleeping. I hope she is preparing herself for the big event!

Alright pH is at 6.8 and she has been acting really weird today. I'm going to keep a really close eye on her, and test her milk again later tonight to see if it's dropped any more.

Her udder is huge and warm, but it isn't tight. Her hooha definitely realized it had some catching up to do, and it did it. I'll take some pictures later this evening.

Here's the story about her strange behavior today:

This morning tested her milk while she was eating breakfast and it was 6.8. Udder and hooha looked good, but not ready to go.

Then about two hours later my Dad came running up to the house (him and my Mom came up to celebrate mothers day) saying Mary was down and acting weird.

I go over there with him and she was laying in her stall breathing really heavily, and grunting about every two or three breaths.

Her hooha looked HUGE an puffy and almost gaping open.

We sat and watched her for about an hour- and besides continuing the heavy breathing and grunting, occasionally she would look at her stomach and bite it, and every once in a while she would lay flat out.

Then she just stood up, pooped, got a drink and started eating her hay.

I've continued to watch her and she is doing a lot of butt scratching and weird things with her back legs. She also seems to be stretching.

If her pH wasnt where it is, I would have thought she was in labor- but her milk is not testing ready.

Strange, eh?

I'll be keeping a really close eye on her- I think we are getting close. I will be surprised if she doesn't have it by this weekend, but that's just from my newbie (and impatient) standpoint. Haha
default_smile.png

Alright pH is at 6.8 and she has been acting really weird today. I'm going to keep a really close eye on her, and test her milk again later tonight to see if it's dropped any more.

Her udder is huge and warm, but it isn't tight. Her hooha definitely realized it had some catching up to do, and it did it. I'll take some pictures later this evening.

Here's the story about her strange behavior today:

This morning tested her milk while she was eating breakfast and it was 6.8. Udder and hooha looked good, but not ready to go.

Then about two hours later my Dad came running up to the house (him and my Mom came up to celebrate mothers day) saying Mary was down and acting weird.

I go over there with him and she was laying in her stall breathing really heavily, and grunting about every two or three breaths.

Her hooha looked HUGE an puffy and almost gaping open.

We sat and watched her for about an hour- and besides continuing the heavy breathing and grunting, occasionally she would look at her stomach and bite it, and every once in a while she would lay flat out.

Then she just stood up, pooped, got a drink and started eating her hay.

I've continued to watch her and she is doing a lot of butt scratching and weird things with her back legs. She also seems to be stretching.

If her pH wasnt where it is, I would have thought she was in labor- but her milk is not testing ready.

Strange, eh?

I'll be keeping a really close eye on her- I think we are getting close. I will be surprised if she doesn't have it by this weekend, but that's just from my newbie (and impatient) standpoint. Haha
default_smile.png
LOL! She is just keeping you on her toes. Most all heavily pregnant mares sound horrendous when lying down. It almost sounds like they are pushing or holding their breath. Her hooha will also look pushed out and out of sorts from the pressure. All of this is completely normal for later term mares.

The butt scratching and leg itching is also all normal in late term mares'. Mine did it for weeks before they foaled. Drives you crazy. They can even make small little tears in their hooha from scratching so hard.

Mary is ticking along nicely, and is closer to foaling then not. Our Jasmine has tested 5 squares now for over 24 hours (when they test five squares 90% of mares foal within 12-24 hours) now. She is baking the spots on and black points I hope. It is so hard to wait on these mares!

LOL! She is just keeping you on her toes. Most all heavily pregnant mares sound horrendous when lying down. It almost sounds like they are pushing or holding their breath. Her hooha will also look pushed out and out of sorts from the pressure. All of this is completely normal for later term mares.

The butt scratching and leg itching is also all normal in late term mares'. Mine did it for weeks before they foaled. Drives you crazy. They can even make small little tears in their hooha from scratching so hard.

Mary is ticking along nicely, and is closer to foaling then not. Our Jasmine has tested 5 squares now for over 24 hours (when they test five squares 90% of mares foal within 12-24 hours) now. She is baking the spots on and black points I hope. It is so hard to wait on these mares!
I'm so glad I have your thread, stories and picture to take my mind off the wait for my own little one!

I hope Jasmine puts on a show for everyone at the BBQ, or waits til after and gives you a nice little present for mothers day
default_smile.png
she sure seems ready!

Mary has been doing all these little things for the lat ten days or so, and I think with today being almost unbearably hot she is just getting miserable. Not that I want her to be miserable, but if it helps get that baby moving out I wouldn't mind haha
default_smile.png

All sounding quite delightful and progressive!!! Good going Mary!!!!

It's really tight in there, and baby is pushing on Mary's diaphragm, making breathing more "noticable" and they can actually sound terrible, as Sandy said. This is just fine. Going flat was probably a response to get more air in there and not be so "squished" up.

The changes in her hooha sound just wonderful, and that baby is pushing in the right direction!! Can you get a picture of her from the rear showing her sides -- that way we can see if she was productive in rolling that baby into the "go" position.

Everything is sounding just perfect, and she is really moving ahead nicely. With her other "signs" coming together, I would be testing her milk several times a day -- and watching her carefully. She could drop her pH quickly, and it sounds like everything is "lining up" to bring your new baby out to play very soon!!
I am going out to take pictures right now!!!

She has been starting to act different, and I think she is just preparing for the big event- getting everything lined up and ready to go.

With how fast she has been progressing, I think we will have a baby pretty soon. The weather is supposed to be nice for the next week and a half, so it would be a good time!

I'm going to test her milk at least three times a day- morning, afternoon and bedtime. I've checking on her every other hour but now I'm going to move it up to every thirty minutes- at least for tonight to be safe, then see how things are looking from then on.

I'll be back to post pics soon!

K here are the pictures!

8577b6fe.jpg

f2e12f78.jpg

a93efa89.jpg

c094898a.jpg

e3a19daf.jpg

9b3bcd62.jpg

So how do you think she is looking?

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW Ben she is looking GREAT! I think she will go in the next few days for you, I expect as she has been going text book for you that her tummy will get that awesome V shape to it, baby is still sitting just a little lopsided... and that should even out and her teats should seperate just a little more, I would think... and she could also get wax
default_smile.png
I was so excited when my girl got wax! and that night she had her gorgeous little colt!! :D LOVE wax LOL

watch her close Ben
default_smile.png
she could go anytime!

safe foaling when she does go!!

Well I sure am glad to hear that Cassie
default_smile.png

She is going good- just gave her dinner and checked pH....6.8!

I'm going to check on her every hour for tonight and check pH again in about four or five hours to see if it's changing or not.

Her udder is so big!! And to me her belly looks really low, flat on the sides and very proportional- I think the baby is in position!

I'm just hoping her pH drops and her hooha elongates a little more in the next day or two- but I really think she will foal this weekend.

I think your right Ben
default_smile.png
I would say a few more days... maybe Thursday? just as a guess LOL

I would watch her like a hawk and keep an eye on that PH, Suzie stayed at 6.8 for 2 days then dropped off the chart!!! and foaled 3 hours later
default_smile.png
won't be long thats for sure!

I've been checking on her every half hour and she seems to be the same.

I think in an hour (after one more check) I will test her milk and see what it's looking like.

I hope you ladies are right- with my luck she will be at 6.8 for weeks! Hopefully she drops soon- I wouldn't mind a day time foal.

Ive been going through everything- have My foaling kit all stocked up and I've been reviewing all the videos I can find- if anyone has a good informational one please tell me!

(I've seen about all the ones I can find on the internet, now I'm just rewatching them)

Im also going to call the vet tomorrow and tell him we are getting close- give him a little warning in case he gets a 4 am phone call one of these nights.

I'm sort of nervous- but I feel as prepared as possible for being a newbie, mostly due to this site and all of you ladies!!
default_smile.png

I'll update with pictures in the morning- maybe she will have a nice V for us and 6.4 pH
default_smile.png

a guy can dream cant he? Haha
default_smile.png

default_pray.gif
I am praying she foals soon to put you out of your misery Ben
default_new_rofl.gif
Haha, oh thanks- I appreciate it
default_smile.png

I think we are at least 3 days away- more like my bet, May 19th. Haha
default_smile.png

And if she decides to go longer, I guess I will have to accept being a zombie for a while
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back