Laney (*filly* 4/10-Tinkerbelle) *New pics pg 187*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Laney likes to hold her tail up a lot.. started doing this the last day or so.
default_yes.gif
BIG foal kicks again this morning you can see on cam.

Laney's belly has dropped a bit more. 'V'ed a little bit lower.

DSCN0849.jpg

Her udder lost a little during the day- not too much though.

DSCN0851.jpg

DSCN0856.jpg

Yeah!!!!

What a drop looking real good!! You must be spool excited Megan!! Have you got your foaling kit ready? Did you manage to get a rug?

Morning by the way lol

Watching her at 5:29pm n she is eating quietly :D

This girl knows how to work the changes in her shape. Lets see how long it takes her to fill that udder

Hey megan just checking... Were you able to get the beat pulp for laney? I'm just thinking that maybe you should up her feed a little more? I dnt want to tell you what to do... But once she has the foal she will be putting all her fat sources into feeding her new baby what feed were you able to get for her? I'm sorry I know we have already discussed this but I have just been researching feeds myself at the moment ( will start putting penny n suzie onto a show feed soon
default_smile.png
)

I was thinking she was waiting until next week.. but now I don't know lol... That is a pretty nice drop and she is walking differently. We are going to go out and work on the muddy section of her pen because she could slip. I am thinking of throwing some shavings and hay on top?? Just as a temporary fix.. then we are going to get fill dirt and maybe dig a trench or gutter.. it is the section right in front of her feed stall. you can see it on the cam.

I have the foaling kit ready to go by the back door. We did buy a blanket and I will have to wait until the foal is here to know if we need to go buy the smaller size. I will just keep the one we have for Ricky if it fits him (it may not though- that big belly of his)

I do have Laney on some beet pulp and have her feed upped but can up her more. She seems to have a boney rear now and I know it could be the dropping that makes it looks do bad to me but I would like her to have more meat so she isn't drug down bad when she is nursing.

I saw your men out there working lol your son is so funny. Cool I find the beet pulp really good even smartie gets it ;)

She might not want to eat that much now... But after she foals I would up her feed she looks in good condition to me but like you said I'm worried she could get poor quite quickly when feeding her new filly... Hope I dnt upset you Megan I dnt mean to
default_smile.png
she likes having a nice dry floor again hehe

Laney has been doing a few more yawns and is not acting like she is very comfortable. I was out with her and she was really pinning her ears, nipping her sides and kicking. Foal was very active and seems to be in a bad position for Laney. I saw some yawns.. she pooped twice which was mushy but not cow patties. I'm about to go refill her hay and check her udder.

Still thinking next week, Diane?? I don't know anymore.. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah I think she will be a text book mare and will bag up completley... she could do that very quickly though... one thing for sure is that you won't be waiting much longer!!!

I think she will probably bag too and do it right beforehand.

Here is her udder tonight.

DSCN0866-2.jpg

DSCN0870-2.jpg

I think she is getting some edema right in front of her udder. It was puffy and I hadn't noticed it until today.

I will be going to bed in a few minutes. Give me a text/call if I need to go check on her please! Thank you. Hope everyone has a good day/night
default_saludando.gif

Oh and I forgot to say before- Cassie, don't worry- you didn't upset me at all
default_thumbup.gif
I will definitely be upping her feed because her last foal drug her down bad and I don't want that happening again.

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem Cassie.. I am waiting to go to bed and watching this she seems uncomfy

gah that can't be comfortable... she is laying over a small board at the edge of the stall..

yeah she does seem uncomfy but I don't think she is going to foal on us right now lol thanks for changing it over... was it ok for me to msg you?

Back