Laney (*filly* 4/10-Tinkerbelle) *New pics pg 187*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, thank you! I was not paying attention to the cam and didn't even know she was down until you sent that. I hate the rotating cameras but when Im not there to change them I have to have them like that.

Down flat again

LOL she's a shavealoosa and pintaloosa tonight.

Alright I am going to bed. I'll have to turn the cam back on rotation but if you need me to check her or fix the cam again let me know. She does look uncomfy tonight but maybe she will wait until Raven foals
default_thumbup.gif

Please text/call though if you need to! Thank you ladies!

No problem Megan I might be a bit in and out for the arvo as I am home n I'm going to go n lunge suzie n penny for a little while n do another lesson with Finn will check on her when I'm inside though
default_smile.png

Can someone else take a look? I can't tell what I'm seeing. Is she laying down outside or standing up?

OK, I can tell now she's laying down. Can't tell anymore than that at the moment. Still looking

OK. Panic for no reason. She's just taking a nap. Not rolling or in distress in any way. Whew.

3.20am and she is quietly eating her hay.

4.38am she is out flat just outside her stall

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, ladies!
default_thumbup.gif
Laney laid down a lot last night. She must be uncomfortable and resting for the big event and motherhood. She didn't eat much of her hay either. I refilled both sides this morning and didn't have to put much in either.

I am glad to see she did lay in her stall. She likes when the shavings are nice and fresh. We need to go get some more bags today.

No more udder development. Looks pretty much the same as last night- maybe a tiny bit less since she was laying and putting pressure on it.

DSCN0877.jpg

She does definitely have edema as of the past day or so.

The weather is beautiful right now. We have a chance of rain this afternoon but I hope it doesn't happen. I want the ground dry the next week or so!

Vickie- I added your guess to the list. I have it posted on the first post of this thread
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Laney had more bloody show last night.. its always a small amount nothing constant or heavy.

I let Laney out early because I have a meeting this afternoon and need to put her up early. She has mushy poos (not quite cow patties but very mushy) and she did some nice rolls then stood up with her back legs wide apart and rocked back and forth. I put her in the small paddock so she could be on cam since I have a busy afternoon.

The skin on her behind over her udder is turning pink/red.. (look at top of this pic)

DSCN0885-2.jpg

I am about to go feed and put her in her pen.
default_thumbup.gif
I have the meeting at 4 so won't be able to watch again til 5 or so.

Thanks ladies!!

Morning Cassie!

So Laney's udder actually grew today during the day- not get smaller.

DSCN0895-2.jpg

DSCN0901.jpg

Do you see the pink/red swollen area above the udder? I am trying to look up online where the milk comes from- and if it comes from up there to where that could be mastitis or something. I noticed it yesterday I think.. when I touched it while I fed her this evening she almost kicked me in the face. I don't know if it is just a place where her legs rub it together to be irritated or what. Does anyone have a guess?

I'm sure it is fine Megan
default_smile.png
it's probably just the way she is bagging up she looks really good n it won't be long now!!! Lol just in time for the 27th hehe I have her up n she is eating her hay

Steady Megan, do NOT panic!! Do you mean the slightly pinker area near the top of her udder in her white area? If so then I would think she just has a little skin 'rub' area, maybe from all the walking she did a couple of days ago - or even by rubbing on the fences?

Mastitis will be in the actual quarters of her udder (not right up there) plus the mare or cow or human or dog etc etc will normally be off colour/feeling ill for several days before the infection reaches the udder, which will then turn warm/hot and eventually really solid if let unattended. Once in the udder it really is unmistakable and extremely painful to the touch. I dont think Laney has or is brewing for Mastitis Megan, so please dont worry!

Latest posts

Back