Laney (*filly* 4/10-Tinkerbelle) *New pics pg 187*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A storm rolled in and I decided to go check Laney.. she made some NICE progress!!! Really filling out that udder!

DSCN0755-2.jpg

DSCN0756.jpg

default_thumbup.gif

The storm is passing- I am up watching her because she is of course standing in the rain- though its worse in a distance you can see the lightning on cam.

Laney has pooped 5 times in the last 30 minutes.. 4 of them mushy.. the last one a pure cow patty. She seems very nervous. I went out there because I thought by the way she was acting there was an animal on the other side of the fence. I stayed out for 30 minutes watching. She kept shifting weight back and forth between back legs and yawed 6 times.

There is a storm coming in so maybe she is nervous? I don't know. But I am watching.

Watch her from a distance so she can't see you. I will be home in 20 mins and i will watch her too (in case you need the loo) lmao big hugs

Renee

LOL Renee. My daughter has been a handful this am so more eyes would be great. I am watching her on cam and through th window. 2 more yawn.... 3 more...

I don't know it you can tell but in the background Ricky is laying in a darn mud puddle in his paddock.
default_frusty.gif

You did guess the 20th, Diane!
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
thats not normal for her to pace and all. A few more yawns

My daughter just locked me out of the house when I went out for not even a minute to let Ricky out. Scary. I had to jump climb the fence and get her to unlock the front door. It seemed like it took almost 20 minutes
default_ohnoes.jpg

Laney is very unsettled again. I think I may let her into the small grassy paddock. Hers is wet and muddy.

Yes she was happy when I let her onto the grass. She still is not settled though. Walking all around the paddock already. I'm still watching. I put my little one to bed and she is out already. Rough morning for us for sure.

She looks a bit more settled now that she is grazing Megan - mares sometimes suddenly get more active as they get close to foaling, which is why it is great that you can give Laney the space to move around in.

Have you put her hedcollar on yet - if not maybe you could pop it on when she comes in for her tea (just in case!) as long as there is nothing she can get hooked up on! And, I know you feel pretty sure that she will foal outside, but are you going to top her stalls with hay or straw just in case she does foal in there?

It's all very exciting - Diane might well be correct with her first guess, on the other hand, being a mare, Laney might decide to keep us all on tenderhooks! LOL!!

Sorry, it looks as though you do have hay or straw down - I thought she was on shavings and it is not very clear on the cam a lot of the time!

And it looks as if she might be wearing a headcollar?? Golly my eyesight is bad - must go and dig out my glasses! Now where did I last leave them - mental powers are also fading fast!!
default_frusty.gif

my kids always seem to need me when I want to be out with the horses too so I feel for you. Scary stuff being locked out but it has happened to us all
default_new_rofl.gif
Matteo locked me out of the car once
default_new_shocked.gif

It is getting harder to see now that the sun is shining.
default_frusty.gif

Her poop is still mushy for sure. Even as she is grazing she is still more active and walking around more then normal.

Today when you look from above her she is sunken in near the top in front of her hind leg. (LOL she just ran a bit in her paddock. hard to see in the sun though) Is that normal for late in a pregnancy? (the sunken in hind) It's like her belly is sagging a bit. The skin and muscle just aren't tight around there right now.

Anna she has shavings and hay down in the stall you can close. The feed side is a muddy mess. I am not happy with it at all. I guess with her walking around in there it has really stirred up mud . I have thrown down some hay overtop and it helps but I am thinking of going to get a large stall pad so there is a larger dry area in there. Once she does foal I don't want the baby walking around in the mud either.

Oh Renee I knew she had done it right as I was coming up the stairs. My heart sank. She didn't know how to turn it back either (it is a hard one to turn) so I knew she would have a better time with the front. It was really scary and she was starting to get scared too.

Sun is really making the cam hard to see. I am right by the bay window though and can see her really well.

I know it is so hard to see on this cam now that is it so sunny.
default_thumbdown.gif

Laney is still acting nervous/alert and walking around a bit. She decided to go back in her small paddock for some hay.

I have to make a quick trip to pick my son up in a few minutes.

I am back. cam is so hard to see when it is this sunny
default_frusty.gif

Latest posts

Back