Just started the Marestare cams

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope I haven't taken any yet today but she has only a very small udder, not anywhere close to full. It was fuller this morning when I turned her out. I haven't heard back from the vet yet, I'm still waiting.

At least she is filling her udder - you said it was more full in the morning when you went to turn her out. This is quite natural and a lot of mares will foal soon after their udder is STILL full and tight after they have been out in the field all day. However may be your mare will simply foal this time with a small bag and come into her milk once she foals - again quite normal. I dont think you need to worry unless she doesn't produce anything after she foals.

Still hoping for a foal by morning!
default_yes.gif

Anna

Of course she looks like this on a day when i have been doing hay all day. I'm exhausted and sore, was hoping for the tub and an early date with my bed. On a good note though all my small squares are done!

I agree, also many mares are foaling this year with smaller udders. My 2 experienced mares had teenager boobs (lol) this year yet still had plenty of milk

1.45 am cam time and she is fast asleep flat out with her legs straight (gave me a bit of a fright at first
new_shocked.gif
)

Hey Eagle, it doesn't matter how many times I see them lying flat out with their legs straight it ALWAYS gives me a fright. ALWAYS.

Just as I checked in she jumped to her feet and her tail was going around like a windmill.

yeah I saw the tail wagging too. Now it is 3.20 am and she seems to be munching but I can't really tell as her head is off cam
new_shocked.gif

Well, it is 7.00 am and no baby arrived last night
no.gif
I am curious to hear what her udder and hooha are looking like this morning??

Oh dear, I was sure we would see a little one last night.
default_rolleyes.gif

I see on the cam that your girls are in their stalls, whereas they are normally outside, has the weather been bad for you today?

How does Dreamer seem - maybe tonight will be the one for some 'action'!

Anna

The girls are inside because we are expecting severe thunderstorms today. So far it's been good and sunny but they come up fast. I will be turning them out into the sand ring to play a little later today. I have to make sure they get enough rolls in to move those babies into place for tonight.

Dreamer is still holding the same as yesterday. I think if she strains to much getting up that the baby will just slide out. Sugar has almost caught up to Dreamer over night. I think Dreamer is waiting for her friend to foal at the same time. They like to do everything together!

I am off to bed now, who knows maybe I will wake up to find a new baby. Fingers crossed that the weather holds. Safe foaling

o.k so I have just woken up and no baby yet but it is still only just after midnight there so you still have time Dreamer.

5 minutes later and she is out flat. (she doesn't look in the mood for baby making so far)
no.gif

I swear that she has decided to wait until Sugar is ready too! I have a Party going on for the barn today so i can't imagine that she will foal during that commotion. You never know though, there would be lots of attention!

Latest posts

Back