jj in foal? new mares pictures/soon jewel too!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_thumbup.gif
I see progress
default_thumbup.gif

Pictures are showing nipples separated and pointing down -- but as she fills that might change a bit. So don't get discouraged if with filling they start to point AT eachother for a little while.

Progress is going on!

so anyone care to guess how much longer? I k now its hard to say..but do you think we are days? weeks? month?

I would have expected JJ to get the bag first ..as her belly and privates look ,much more ready to my inexperienced eye then Jewels.Do you guys see her moving front of center? I can see a v starting...I made hubby look at crayonbox miniature pictures today to compare JJ. He is a machinist and has a better eye for angles and stuff then me. He thought she looked further ahead then the one pictured at 300 days..and not to the pne that foaled right after the pictures..Think it was a black mare with a big forward v.

I want to sleep in the barn when we get close. Do you think we are getting that close?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you have a while to go with both mares, as to how long, well only they know that. Of course these girls can do anything but I would think we would see a few slight changes before they foal. I slept in the barn for a month before foaling and don't regret it for one minute
default_smile.png
I got to see who else free rides off me by sleeping and eating in my barn
default_new_rofl.gif

Jewel continues to bag up. I am able to EASILY express clear liquid. I see no toher changes to hoochie..but I thought maybe she was a little softer in the rear muscles..not sure tho will recheck. Does this help determine a time?

ugh.....doe sit not tell me anything>? stillllllllll not time to sleep in the barn?
default_frusty.gif
default_frusty.gif

ugh LOL

LOL!! Nothing to stop you camping out in the barn whenever you like!! Before I passed the foalings over to my daughter, I used to love being out in the barn listening to the mares and introducing myself to the wildlife in general - best was when the dawn chorus started, a slither of pale sky in the east and the first bird would start, brilliant!!

Your girls are progressing pefectly and they WILL eventually get to the end of their long journey!!
default_yes.gif

It's coming! I promise!! Soon you will be playing with that baby, and forget about all the waiting! You'll see!
default_yes.gif

I check here everyday for an update to see how things are going for you. Yes... soon that baby will be here and you will maybe feel as odd as I did wanting to check out my window at night from a whole month of habitually doing so. Its rather nerving to have to wait for these mammas.

well.jewel still has udder growth and clear liguid. It seems a little stickier today. it just squirts out with the littlest pressure on a teat. vulva is not swollen or elongated. Color is light pink at the opening with a little darker pink inside.

JJ looks the same. Elongated, swollen,light pink. can see the v a bit and it looks to be getting center or maybe a little forward of center. I was very excited the other day when I checked her udder. It was swollen and hard......but wait..all on 1 side...hmmm...dang wood tick! Her udder seems to be growing very slow for the rest of her. I think she may be one that suddenly grows right before baby.

All eating, acting normal, no rolling, rubbing, nipping or restlessness. Well yes to nipping if you count the huge bite snowflake tried to takeout of me the other day.BRAT

Daisy is looking wonderful. She is deshedded and she is a pretty lil thing. I think she is a buckskin pinto. She has a black /dark stripe down her back until it gets to her white spot. Also legs are dark,,,,,except where it is covered by her high stockings. She is at ideal weight now

her daughter snowflake AKA PEggy because of her weird hind leg..is still a furry thing. I spose I ought to try shaving herbut all my blades are dull. She is still a lil thin..but have been putting her on grass a little each day and think that will get her more in shape.

anyway we still wait. Will get pictures up later.

thank you sparklin jewel. I appreciate you checking up on us slowww movers

hi guys..ok first is jewel....4/9

jewel hoohoo.JPG

and today

jewelpriv4 17.JPG jewelvulva4 17.JPG

jewels bag yesterday

jewwelteats4 16.JPG

and teats today

4 17 jewelteat.JPG

jewwelteats4 16.JPGyesterday

today

tteats4 17.JPG jewelteats4 17.JPG

front rear and side views

jewelrearviwe 4 17.JPGjewelandjj.JPGDSC05383.JPG

now jj

other then seems like loose and long vulva..or lookslike to me..and maybe a little forward shift to belly..no bag to speak ofjjbellyxx.JPGjjfrofcenter4 16.JPG

and here is jj pretending to be Misty

jjinface.JPG

also on eof daisy what color would you call her?

daisy.JPGDSC05366.JPG

pr4 16.JPG

Good progress more filling in the udder and a bit looser in her hooha (jewel)

She's definitely buckskin -- so I'd guess a silver buckskin pinto -- if her mane is carrying the silver sheen? Or is it just the white pinto markings in her mane? Buckskins can come in such a color variety -- from the darker buckskins, to the golden, to the buttermilk. But compared to my Falabella buckskin pinto stallion, Mohegan, I'd say she definitely has that silver shimmer! Mohegan's mane and forelock kept their dark color, although his tail is black and white. And I just love those white socks with the black knees on your girl!!

mohegan1.jpg

She's beautiful though!

Everyone looking good!!

Last edited:
her bridle path (daisys) is very dark. I will have to look closer..to see what the shimmer is. You'd think with all the brushing I would have noticed.

I really like how she turned out..pretty! dianne your horses are gorgeous. love them

soooo i need some positive strokes..do you think we have good progress? Do you think I should cancel my plans this weekend? Are we close or just closer? I know you all must hate me by now...

..........I want my baby!!!!!
default_please.gif

....and why is jewel so small.....? if she is bagging up already..and if she foals soon..she must have a tiny lil baby or JJ was bred to a clydesdale

Back