jj in foal? new mares pictures/soon jewel too!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
she looks lovely though
default_smile.png

tried to like your post Eagle but it wouldn't work.

yeah..she looks lovely
default_yes.gif
esp if you have leaning towards a balloon with legs.

as for thre shots I would just like to booster the colostrum. I do not figure we will be going anywhere..so herd is closed..except for what can be carried by flies and m'squito's.After research online I will not vaccinate anything pregnant with west niles virus..so basically looking only at e/w and tetanus.I can give tetanus at birth to mom and baby..so basically e/w.

At what stage do you start vaccinating babies?

My girls are always vacc yearly, they get their shot 1 month before foaling so foal is covered for a while. I usually start vacc the babies at around 6 months but it depends on each foal. Things might be different here in Europe so see what the other girls say.

Aw, she's such a cutie! It's seems like there are quite a few mares that just want to keep their babies baking in the oven...at this rate one of you (and me too haha) may break the Guiness book of world records for longest equine gestation!!!
default_giveup.gif

Yep! Count me in that group!

I might get some people a little mad and irritated, but we don't vaccinate here. BUT we don't go anywhere and we only have a few horses here and they are here to stay. The reason behind it is that one year we vaccinated and my sisters mini gelding almost died from the west Nile vaccine, it scared us so bad, so we just feel like it's a risk either way. JMO!!

Crisco, your girl is very very round!! Wow!! I hope she gives up that baby soon for ya!

well considering I was told she was bred in June......she is either gonna have a huge baby or she is miscalculated.

pretty close resemblance there. I think I have a lot of time and may stop stallingher at night until I see some signs

Thinking of you as you are still waiting for your little foal. I had been so tired. The night Jewel foaled, I actually slept for the first time all through the night and never woke up until my husband woke me up to tell me there was a little baby in the pen running around. The night I finally zonked out hard was the night she foaled. I guess she decided that if I wasnt peeking out the window with the flashlight.. she could go ahead and have her baby. She waited until I was well out sleep deprived tho.
default_smile.png

congrads on that filly ! sh eis adorable!!

This week..well actually this month have been kinda hard on me with personal problems. I have been managing ok, just trying to go with the current and try to keep a decent attitude. ..but attitude is foul today.

There is only 1 thing that will work to change it.....Come on J J. I have seen plenty of mares on here that I say..hey they look an awful alot like how you do.. Then they foal.

Can you do it huh? can ya?

lori

The girls seem to have got the foaling season going in the last few days so I bet JJ will join in the fun
default_smile.png
Keep your chin up
default_cheekkiss.gif
As long as it isn't health problems the rest you will work out.

Sometimes these girls drive you completely to the end of your tether, it's even worse when you are not feeling well. Hang in their Lori, that special baby will appear before too long.
default_yes.gif

You all are too kind. THank you!

I think I see a slight change in JJ belly position and Jewel's bag seem a bit larger.Know you all are busy with so many foals being born..and I don't have any baby to share yet..but I do have some pictures

JJ

XXjj.JPGjjxxside.JPG

Jewel

jewlxxv.JPGjewelteatsd.JPGjewelprivates.JPGjewelside.JPGjewlxxv.JPG

and then.

of cvourse Misty always up my butt pony
default_yes.gif

helloomisty.JPG

Hi Lori!! You have some pretty ladies there!! As inexperienced with minis as I am, they look mighty big just to be carrying a little extra weight!!

Hope you are in better spirits! If it makes you feel any better, my mare is driving me bonkers too!
default_smile.png

Hi all. No baby yet and really with JJ i dont see much change.

Jewel has started to develop an udder. Not tight or shiny or anything but definite growth. Will try for pictures tomorrow. Was hard to tell for sure but one part of her vulva looked a littlle darker also...but not the complete thing and deeper inside. According to ultra sound she was not due til end of May or so. I have no idea how accurate they can get figuring out how far along they are. She ..well both girls were pasture bred so it is all a guess.

will do pictures tomorrow

Each day is a day closer! And they are moving ahead nicely!

Looking forward to more pictures!

Jewel...starting to feel a lil bag all around..pictures are disappointing though.

jewelboob.JPG

girlie parts nothing exciting

jewel hoohoo.JPG

jj some changes i think

jjsideyesterday.JPG jj yesterday

jj todayjjxxtoday.JPGjjhoochie.JPG

could just be the pictures i suppose....

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back