It's Friday, and I'm here!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, we only have McDonald's (from your list), and I already stated what I like there. But, we also have a Subway and a local taco place called Taco Shack (not as good as Taco Bell, but it'll do). My downfall... The Chinese restuarant has lunch buffet, and its oh so good; but I try to save that for just a treat, now and then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man, we have EVERYTHING within a 15 minute drive - 3 McDonalds, 2 Burger Kings, 2 Carl's Jrs, 4 Subways, 3 Del Tacos (it's a California thing), 2 Jack N the Boxes, In N Out, Panda Palace, Panda Express, Chipotlet, Churches Chicken, Popeyes, Long John Silvers, Weinersnitzel, Arby's, El Pollo Loco, Taco Bell, Chilis, Sizzlers, Foster Freeze, and a few other restuarants and pizza places. Sooo much temptation...I know I've hit the lowest of the low when I've ate out so much that absolutely no fast food sounds good.

Chanda, I can relate to the Chinese buffet. I allow myself to get it take out once a month and then I get it home and divide it into 3 meals in sealed plastic containers and have Chinese three days in a row. If I did not divide it before I started eating it, I would eat 3/4 of it before I stopped. I can easily stay away from most other fast food. We fry very little in oil. We do pan fry hamburger, but then drain it until it is dry. If I do fry anything else like eggs or something, I use pam canola spray or a dab of olive oil. My main downfall, is chocolate. I don't like dark chocolate, but put anything with milk or white chocolate in front of me and it doesn't stay there long. That is one thing I simply cannot eat in small portions. I will divide it and then eat one portion and go get another and another ect till it is all gone.
default_doh.gif
Since my husband doesn't really eat that much chocolate, there is no problem keeping it out of the house--as long as it doesn't jump into my shopping cart.
default_whistling.gif

We had a great afternoon doing rides and letting children play with a mini horse. We haven't done it much since last fall and it was a nice way to start the year. Love the two young ladies that helped us. My 14yr old niece even gave my dad--her grandpa--a ride in the cart. Love it.

Have a Blessed Easter with lots of family. Monday is a new week so we will all do well.

Angie

I love chocolate also! Same as you, no dark only white or milk!!!! (mmmmmm peanut butter eggs!!!
default_worshippy.gif
)

You have a great Easter also!!!

Good Chinese food is hard to find in my town but the next town over has some good stuff!! We'll get it once in a while but not often. My son just went to a birthday party at a pizza buffet place and OMG I was in heaven!!! LOL!! My mother in law and I stopped there the other day after shopping and man was it good!

Yep I could live off pizza and chocolate!!!! LOL!! I don't but I would if I could!!! Hehehe!!
default_eat.gif

LOL. I could live off pizza and chocolate also. I love the Cadbury cream eggs. Only allow them in my basket once a year. Got a box of 5 this year--figuring I would eat one a day. You guessed it. All gone in 24 hours. Even made me feel yucky, but I would probably do it again. If I could ever overdose on any one thing, it would probably be chocolate.

OK, need to get my mind on good foods like salad, grilled chicken and oatmeal and such.

Have a great day.

Here it is Friday again. Where did the week go? Had so many little things to do this week that the big stuff sorta got pushed aside. I did gain a little over the Easter Holiday, but managed to get more exercise in this week than I have been. My goal for this coming week is to pay more attention to the food I consume and count all the points and to continue to get more exercise. The weather is supposed to be amazing so going out and working with the horses should be a lot easier.

Life is good and we are all wonderful. I may not be back today since I am trying to get my taxes in order. Nothing like the last minute. Well, I am earlier than last year when I finished them the day before they were due.

Have a great weekend and I will probably check back in again on Monday.

Angie

Hi ladies, I was just checking in. It has been a very stressful month for me. Last weekend, my mom gave me an easter basket full of candy, so of course I've been a chow hound and ate a bit too much. I've been under so much stress, it's a miracle I haven't went back to stress eating, I just eat a couple pieces of candy and I'm good.

I also came down with a cold this week, so water wasn't cutting it (drank lots of soda). Being sick did however make me less hungry. All in all, I have maintained a 10 pound weight loss over the past 6 weeks. I seem to be staying at the same weight right now. I'm on springbreak right now (a whole week off from work), so I'd say being stuck at home all day and not gaining anything has been something to be proud of. I am cooking more at home now (did eat fast food after my eye appointment yesterday), and still striving to add more fruits and veggies, but I think that will take some time. I also want to add more milk to my diet - I don't drink enough.

Anyway, hope you all have been good.
default_smile.png

Ahh I'm late again!! LOL! Glad to hear you all are still trying!! Keep it up we can do this!! I'm finding a few homes for some of my critters so life has been busy and stressy right now. Tomorrow should be the last of it, my morgan will go to a wonderful Christian children's camp. Life is changing a lot here and so are my eating habits. I had a bowl of cereal and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I'm trying but as soon as this is over I can focus more.

Good luck ladies and don't give up!!!!

Like last Friday, I am wondering where the week went. So many small things that make the time fly. I did not do well in the diet and exercise dept, so when I weighed in yesterday morning, I was heavier--as I expected. I did good yesterday and so far today, I am doing good also, so I plan to make this coming week a good one.

I hope you all had a better week than I did in the diet/exercise department. The rest of my week was busy, but good. Have a great weekend.

Angie

Our weather has been miserable, wet/snowy and gloomy, so I've been snacking way too much lately. If I'm stuck inside, I tend to snack too much. I'm anxiously awaiting springs arrival, so I can get something done.

I'm with ya! Bad bad week for me!! No snow here but everything else, yuck. I'll do better this week!

Good luck everyone!!!

I'm here and still "on it" but the same plan. Lots of veggies! I'm making a big pot of chicken veggie soup tomorrow and having salads with it. Trying NOT to have muffins or something, too... but that may remain to be seen.

I can't believe another whole week has gone by. I think we had about 5" of rain yesterday and I wanted to eat junk all day. I didn't though. I didn't stay perfect, but I didn't go crazy so I am ok with that. I did lose 4 lbs last week. I just decided to get serious and gave myself no excuses for messing up. Hopefully I can keep that momentum up for a while longer.

I hope you all had a good week and have a great weekend ahead.

Angie

Yesterday I did horrible! A week's worth of not wanting to eat caught up with me and nothing seemed to satisfy my hunger. Oh well, today is my last day of antibitics, so between that and a 'bit' less stress, I'm hoping to jump back on my portion control tomorrow. Can't wait!

Yesterday I did horrible! A week's worth of not wanting to eat caught up with me and nothing seemed to satisfy my hunger. Oh well, today is my last day of antibitics, so between that and a 'bit' less stress, I'm hoping to jump back on my portion control tomorrow. Can't wait!

Since the last week has been bad for you, then the next week will be good. Take care of your health first and then take care of the portion control.

Angie

Sara I hope you are feeling better now that you are finishing up your antibiotics. I hope your next week is better!
default_yes.gif
4 lbs, go Angie!! Stay strong.

I got back to my workouts Wednesday like I promised myself I would...ouch, that was a rude awakening after being "off" nearly a week! We have not shopped for groceries except milk in two weeks so we are out of a lot of the healthy (and tasty) stuff I like to eat. Not even enough milk left to make flan tonight
default_thumbdown.gif
So instead of eating healthy items that fill me up I am cleaning up leftover junk food that leaves me still hungry afterward--I'm looking forward to going food shopping tomorrow. I have been craving Pizza Hut all week but not sure if we can afford to eat out this weekend after getting a surprise $110 vet bill for doing a fecal egg test for 2 horses.
default_new_let_it_all_out.gif
($110! I'm still mad and shocked that it cost that much; at our previous vet's it was in the neighborhood of $10...)
default_gaah.gif
Anyway, I'm looking forward to the weekend--hoping for some good weather for some horse activities in addition to our "around-the-house" projects!

I think I'm feeling better. I seem a bit less stressed and am sleeping better the past couple nights (even took a two-hour nap after work today). I just want to be back to my old normal self. It's sad when being fat is the least of my worries. :/

Good luck ladies! It's a new week with new chances.
default_smile.png

I've not been posting much but I do read over new entries a couple times a week when I'm here doing updates and it's so good to hear you all still trying!! Dannigril congratulations on your continued weight loss and Sara I'm glad to hear you are feeling better, don't beat yourself up over getting sidetracked sometimes you just keep trying. It will all fall in place and you'll win this battle. What you said about "being fat is the least of my worries" is true it should be but I know that like me it's probably at the top of your list of worries. SugaryCharm keep sticking to your workouts, some type of regular exercise is the number one way to get healthy. jacksthunber and chandab good luck to you both as well! All your posts do help encourage other people so keep up the good work!

I've been doing pretty good with my dieting it has helped me to watch the fat and sodium, and using the small plate has really helped.

Glad to hear you're doing well Debby. I jumped back in with both feet yesterday (new month, new motivation!), although I did eat McDonalds for dinner. BUT I ate an apple for dessert, so it almost makes up for it. ;)

Latest posts

Back