It's Friday, and I'm here!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys!
default_saludando.gif
I just wanted to keep in touch with everyone! Life has been super stressful this week but I have been sticking to my goals! Nothing after 6pm and no sugar!(pretty much
default_biggrin.png
) I have to say for me the stress kinda helps because I'd rather
default_smileypuke.gif
then eat. But all in all I have alot to be thankful for and you all are one of them! I'm going to be quick off and on today so I wish you all the best of luck and maybe I'll be able to check in later!!!

default_luck.gif
Everybody!!!!!

Hi, I am here a bit early because I am about to go and start a cleaning project and once started, I can't stop or I will never start again. I did not have a great week. Winter is really hard for me and being in the house with hubby 24/7 makes me even crazier. I did manage to lose a tiny bit this week and that took every bit of will power that I could muster. I have decided not to wait till it feels like spring to start my spring cleaning so that may make the next week better.

jacks'thunder--so glad you were able to mostly stick to your plan for the week. Sorry the week was so stressful. I hope things are better for you next week.

Well, I need to go or I won't get started. I will be back later this evening. Have a great week everyone. I know we can all do this one day at a time. Happy Friday everyone!!!!

I'm here! lol So happy to hear you stuck to your goals jacks'thunder especially through the stress! and danigirl a BIG congrats on your weight loss this week!!! I don't think I lost any but maybe just a little, I do feel like I did great with the smaller plate. I do know I did NOT do well with the no eating after 6 this week, it seems like before I know it it's after 6.

danigirl I read back on some of your posts, very good tips for storing snacks and portion sizes. On the ww program you are following can you tell me what you eat for lunch and supper?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ladies, I'm here too! Glad to hear that you've been sticking to your goals Jack'sThunder. It must be something about this week, because it has been really stressful for me too. Dannigirl, cleaning house is a good form of exercise.
default_smile.png
I have almst as much motivation to clean house, as I do to lose weight. Lol. Debbie, are you using a saucer/salad plate?

I've done pretty well this week. I have almost reached a 10 pound loss this past month (9.5 pounds). The first three weeks were the hardest with trying to cut out snacking, but this past week was a piece of cake (mmmm...cake sounds good. Lol). I'll be happy with just 2 or 3 pounds a week.
default_smile.png

It's a salad size plate, sometimes it needs side bodies on it but it is holding less! I hear you about the housework! don't worry once you reach a certain age the shiny no dust shelves won't seem so important anyway. Congratulations on your weight loss too that is AWESOME!!!

I think the first few days of using the smaller plates were the worst. My husband still uses the large ones and it was hard to see how much he could eat and I couldn't. Lol

I still eat many of the things I ate before--just less and measure it all--for my evening meal. I try to eat a salad for lunch. I always add some protein in the form of boiled eggs and/or fat free ham or turkey lunch meat. I then use fat free dressing. For breakfast, I try to have either oatmeal with honey and/or fresh or frozen fruit mixed in or I have two eggs either poached or fried in olive oil on a slice of toast. I always have 8oz of 1% chocolate milk first thing in the morning with my pills. I take a couple of prescriptions and a bunch of vitamins and supplements every morning. I love my chocolate milk so it is my one indulgence and I will drink it as long as I can and still be losing weight if I am following the plan in all other ways.

I get 36 points every day at the weight I am now and have 49 weekly points that I can dip into. I also gain points for my activity. Since I am pretty heavy, I earn a point for every 10 minutes walking or cleaning house. I try not to use the weekly points. I try, instead to do enough activity to get the points I need for going over my daily points. Tonight, I had fried fish and French fries and that added up to 18 points but I earned 14 points with my house cleaning and working with the horses today.

When I eat a salad, all the veggies I put on don't cost me any points. The eggs are 2 pts each and the fat free lunch meat is about 1 pt per oz. The fat free salad dressing is 1pt for 2Tablespoons. Nearly all fat free meats (or very well drained meats) are 1pt per oz. All fresh and frozen fruit without sugar are point free.

OK, I got a little long winded. LOL Have a great weekend.

I forgot its Friday, as far as this thread goes, but remembered to eat my fish (well, technically not eat other meats, fish is ok on Fridays during lent). With our lousy weather, I've been doing lousy thinking about dieting, but I'm sure the trudging through the snow banks is doing me a lot of good.

Hi ladies, I'm here too! Glad to hear that you've been sticking to your goals Jack'sThunder. It must be something about this week, because it has been really stressful for me too. Dannigirl, cleaning house is a good form of exercise.
default_smile.png
I have almst as much motivation to clean house, as I do to lose weight. Lol. Debbie, are you using a saucer/salad plate?

I've done pretty well this week. I have almost reached a 10 pound loss this past month (9.5 pounds). The first three weeks were the hardest with trying to cut out snacking, but this past week was a piece of cake (mmmm...cake sounds good. Lol). I'll be happy with just 2 or 3 pounds a week.
default_smile.png
AWESOME
default_thumbup.gif
That's sooo cool!! Your doing great!

Dannigirl, gosh that way of eating sounds so exhausting!
default_giveup.gif
I have already stated the fact I'm a lazy eater, I'm not sure I could do it the way you do!! LOL!! I have a points calculator, and that little book to write everything down. My MIL is a huge diet hopper and she has done Weight Watchers on 4 or 5 different occasions.She has lost well every time but always gains it back.I have to give you alot of credit, you sound very motavated and that's a huge part of loosing it and keeping it off! I enjoy your posts a lot( even if it makes me tired just reading about eating that way
default_thud.gif
Hehehe!) keep them coming!!!

I forgot its Friday, as far as this thread goes, but remembered to eat my fish (well, technically not eat other meats, fish is ok on Fridays during lent). With our lousy weather, I've been doing lousy thinking about dieting, but I'm sure the trudging through the snow banks is doing me a lot of good.
I would think so!! Those pictures of your snow banks make my snow issue look like July in Florida!!! LOL!! Yumm I love fish!! I don't get to eat it often because I'm not 100% sure how to cook it properly and have everyone enjoy it. I saw some beautiful fresh cut pieces at the store the other day for right around 2 dollars for a piece( I don't remember what type but they were big and white! LOL). They looked wonderful but I passed because I didn't want to ruin them.

AWESOME
default_thumbup.gif
That's sooo cool!! Your doing great!

Dannigirl, gosh that way of eating sounds so exhausting!
default_giveup.gif
I have already stated the fact I'm a lazy eater, I'm not sure I could do it the way you do!! LOL!! I have a points calculator, and that little book to write everything down. My MIL is a huge diet hopper and she has done Weight Watchers on 4 or 5 different occasions.She has lost well every time but always gains it back.I have to give you alot of credit, you sound very motavated and that's a huge part of loosing it and keeping it off! I enjoy your posts a lot( even if it makes me tired just reading about eating that way
default_thud.gif
Hehehe!) keep them coming!!!
For me, it is not all that difficult. Once a food is on the list, it is so easy. The hardest part to all of it is measuring/weighing the food I eat. That is why I like weight watchers. I don't have to measure any vegetables or fruits. I can just get some and eat it and don't have to count it. I wish I were as motivated as I sound. This weight loss stuff really bites. I wish there were some magic pill or voodoo doll or something. That would be so darn much easier. LOL. Have a great weekend.

I would think so!! Those pictures of your snow banks make my snow issue look like July in Florida!!! LOL!! Yumm I love fish!! I don't get to eat it often because I'm not 100% sure how to cook it properly and have everyone enjoy it. I saw some beautiful fresh cut pieces at the store the other day for right around 2 dollars for a piece( I don't remember what type but they were big and white! LOL). They looked wonderful but I passed because I didn't want to ruin them.
Well, I'm a lazy cooker, I just buy fish sticks and such out of the frozen food section. I really like the new Gortons seasoned fillets, not exactly sure what htey are called; I tried the seasoned Tilapia and really like it (hubby didn't like the seasoning, but he's a very picky eater). This is the one I've had (I think, I know its the skillet crisp, but not certain of flavor; although since this is garlic, that would be a flavor hubby doesn't like): http://gortons.com/product/skillet-crisp-tilapia-garlic-herb

Dannigirl Thank you for the examples of what you eat on the WW program. I used eggs for protein a lot this week and chicken breast, also am making the change to healthier dressing for my salads. I still didn't do well with the no food after 6 so since the time changed and the days are getting longer I'm happy I can say I ate no food after 7.

I'm still using the saucer and this week I ate a lot of salads as meals and stir fry. I did mess up yesterday when I realized I had a half pound of spaghetti in the closet. Somehow it got cooked and mixed in with my stir fry vegetables and I felt compelled to eat it all at one sitting....which is my downfall when it comes to carbs.

I can say I'm happy that I'm making changes I can stick with. This next week my goal is to keep doing what I've been doing plus add fish to my evening meals and (this is a biggie for me) not fry anything this week. Tues. I did fry chicken livers OMG they were awesome and of course since it was fried I had to make gravy. bad me.

I'll look forward to seeing all of your updates this week.!! i hope each of you were able to stick with your plan and if not? well, we need to realize it's not a big deal because we can always start over.

I have found that it helps me to start each day being grateful for what I have by spending quiet time with the Lord and telling myself I'm happy, and I accept myself like I am. Remember Al Frankens daily affirmations on SNL? I loved that show way back when!! I’m good enough, I’m smart enough, and dog-gone it, people like me. I deserve good things, I am entitled to my share of happiness, I refuse to beat myself up, I am attractive person, I am fun to be with.

I think maybe what we need to do is not try to meet at a certain time, just check in here sometime each Friday with a recap of how our week went and maybe leave a tip or recipe or encouragement.

Knowing that I need to reflect back on the week is helping me and reading your stories is encouragement for me.

default_yes.gif

That's great Debbie! Using the smaller saucer will get easier and easier.
default_smile.png

I agree, I think we should get on here whenever we can each Friday. As for my progress this week, I actually gained two pounds from last week's weigh-in. Ugh, trying not to let it discourage me. Last night I felt ravenous though, and fried me up some tortilla chips (bad Sara, bad!). I was craving salt, and since we don't keep junk in the house much anymore, it was my only way of getting it. I should have baked them instead, but sometimes you just need some good ol' fried food. It's out of my system now, so I will start anew today. You asked on the other page if I take anything for water retention. I used to have high blood pressure and my doctor years ago prescribed me a diuretic that I had to take daily. I still have some of those pills left over, so if the water retention gets TOO bad, I will take one of them. But it usually never reaches that point. I also have some herbal pills, I think they have dandelion or something like that in them. I haven't noticed if they work too well because they sure don't work like my diuretic does, but it might be a more subtle thing.

My biggest issue is trying to fit in more fruits and veggies into my diet. My typical daily meals go something like this...

Breakfast - Fried egg white and cheese sandwich, or a tv dinner

Lunch - A ham or turkey sandwich (no veggies other then lettuce)

Dinner - Whatever we eat, plus maybe a half cup of veggies

Dessert - This week it's been plain yogurt with some crushed pineapple added to it.

That's it. I think this week, I'm going to make some rice and stuff it full of veggies, and eat that at lunch time. My absolute favorite food is salad, but I like thousand island dressing, so it's more fattening for me then good.

I do plan to swim a lot this summer if I can get my eye healed up before then. The only problem is that after I swim for an hour or two, I'm starved and I usually eat a bit more then I should. That's going to be really hard for me to control, that's why I'm trying to get a hold on shrinking my stomach now before summer hits.

I cannot be here this afternoon. We are doing mini cart rides at the assisted living place my parents live. First major job for the year and looking forward to that.

I have been adding frozen veggies to just about everything but my oatmeal. In my oatmeal, I add fruit. Eggs with veggies for breakfast. Nice salad for lunch and for dinner I will add veggies to almost anything--one way or another. I would even add it to spaghetti or pasta dishes. Great filler and good for you.

Will try to get back here later this evening. If not, I hope all of you have a great week.

Keep smiling and starting each day anew. We CAN do this.

Angie

I love reading all of your updates each week, sharing in the successes and setbacks. It's comforting to know that while our battles are our own, we're all fighting the same war, so to speak.
default_smile.png

I'm doing just "okay" this week, as I had some slip-ups (nameably a Big Mac combo and a whole row of Oreos in one sitting...darn they were good!) but hubby and I ate pretty well the rest of the week and we have been sticking to our workouts. I feel stronger and have more energy overall but I haven't noticed any difference in the way my clothes fit and still feel like the Big Bad Wolf during the workouts--huffing, and puffing, and pounding the house down
default_new_rofl.gif
Hopefully we will start "seeing" our results in month #2.

I love fried foods but cooking them makes such a mess of my stove that the cleanup just isn't worth it to me. Who said being lazy wasn't good for you?
default_laugh.png
Since there are only two of us, we cook most of our meals in the toaster oven. I'm also looking for more microwave recipes for my stoneware covered baker...right now all I know how to make in it is 15min lava cake, which is definitely not on the "healthy list!"

Keep up the good work, everyone!!

Sugary, your posts always make me smile and laugh.
default_smile.png

I did have a whopper and fries last weekend, but I had to split the whopper in half and eat it for two meals. Who woulda guessed that one whopper and some fries would be more then 8 oz? ;)

Sugary, your posts always make me smile and laugh.
default_smile.png

I did have a whopper and fries last weekend, but I had to split the whopper in half and eat it for two meals. Who woulda guessed that one whopper and some fries would be more then 8 oz? ;)
Thanks! Glad to be of service
default_wink.png
default_worshippy.gif

You are a brave soul; I eat my share of leftovers but fast food is one thing I refuse to reheat! Kudos to you for sticking with your portions though.
default_yes.gif

We don't have a Burger King around here, but there is a Mc Donald's. To be honest, I hardly ever eat beef when we eat out, it just doesn't taste as good as our home grown beef, so I usually eat chicken or fish when we eat out. [unfortunately, we are out of homegrown beef right now; we didn't get our steer to the processor this fall, so ran out, and are now waiting for decent weather to be able to haul him in. I've had to buy grocery store beef, and its just not the same, nor as good.] Anyway, back to McDonald's, I really like their grilled chicken sandwiches or salads, I know the dressing is full of calories, but still a bit better than a completely greasy burger. And, my favorite lately is the grilled chicken snack wrap, I usually get ranch; actually I get two of them and forego the fries (but usually steal a few from Shayne). When we go to town and hubby choses McDonald's for lunch, he always says we're going for an oil change.
default_wink.png

Things have been ok here. I'm glad to hear about you all that are sticking to it!! That's great! I'm still hanging in there with you all! No sugar, no 6pm are my goals!

I don't feel like I have lost anything. I think because I'm eating less(stress) my body is going in to starvation mode and what I do eat is staying put. Time will tell..

I really enjoy this every week! Just to hear what every one is up to is very up lifting!

p.s. I HATE McDonalds! Thank Gosh that's the only fast food restaurant in town because I can keep away from it no problem! LOL!

Give me KFC, Burger King, or Taco Bell any day!!! LOL!!

Latest posts

Back