Bicycle trailer

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm ordering a trailer to pull behind my Ebike so I can take my dog Pepper along on my rides. This is the one I'm getting. There are lots more expensive ones. The Trek dealer suggested the Burley, but this one has good reviews too. Anyone have experience with bike trailers for their dogs? I hesitate to buy one off Marketplace as sometimes parts are missing and I don't want that hassle.
1699013662066.png

My trailer arrived. I set up the part where Pepper will ride and had to buy a dog bed to go inside; I did not think about the bare floor. She will jump in an out but isn't crazy about being closed in. When husband gets it assembled and the wheels on, I will try pulling her around in it. It seems to be a very well made trailer. Heavier than I thought--glad I have an Ebike !

Well, we've been out 3 times so far. She still screams bloody murder. However, the last time she quit on the last half mile home, so maybe it will get better. We adjusted the harness to keep her more inside and I'm thinking she might feel safer that way. She did the same thing when she was learning to go for walks off the property, and now she is ranging all around happily. So, she just has to get used to new experiences. Bill wonders what all the fuss is about.

Attachments

• bike pepper marsha.jpg
    bike pepper marsha.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
We went 4 miles today. Rather windy so I had to gear down the bicycle. I am noticing that the trailer does add some "drag". I stopped and rested once, and to check on the screaming mimi, to make sure the harness was okay. The last mile she was quiet and had her nose into the wind, so maybe she is figuring out she isn't going to die after all.

Finally! Pepper is getting used to the trailer. We've gone 20 miles and she was quiet the last mile! I stopped using the harness; I let her out and run beside/before/behind me for about a mile. I'm averaging 10 mph so she gets a workout. When her tongue starts hanging out, she gets back into the trailer and rides the rest of the way. It sure takes her a long time to get used to new things.

Latest posts

Back