I’m back, sort of

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am late reading this. Sending healing prayers to you @diamond c It's Thursday, hoping you have had your surgery and all is well and start this year off with all surgery over and done so you can get back to horsing around like @MaryFlora says.

Well I got home Saturday around noon. They took a muncle flap and skin from my calf and covere the top of my ankle. Then took a skin graft from the top of my thigh to cover my calf. I’m not in a whole lot of pain now. I’m supposed to keep it elevated all the time. I’v got to go back down there to the doctor to change the dressing and see how it’s doing. I’ll probably have to go back next week too. The best we can tell here at home it looks like it’s doing good. So we’ll keep our fingers crossed.

I haven’t updated in about a week, but really there isn’t much to tell right now. Everything looks pretty good as best as I can tell. I go back to Nashville Wednesday to the DR so I should know something after that. My pain level is low most of the time, and the stitches and staples aren’t weeping much anymore. Anyway that’s all I know right now.

Yay diamond c! 🥳 Excellent news! May your recovery continue to bring relief and good news!

Maybe time to read a horse magazine/book, or watch a few horse movies with your most indulgent treat! 🐴🍰 🍪 👌

Well, all the stitches are out, and the pain is minimal. I start today putting light weight on the ankle. I go back to the plastic surgeon in 2 weeks and hopefully he will release me. Then back to the orthopedic surgeon because he is the one that has me off from work, but he will release me for sure. It’ll take a while to get moving around like I need to to be messing around with my little guys. I think by the time the weather breaks in the spring I’ll be in pretty good shape and can get back outdoors and working with them.

That's a long time to wait, but at least it's yucky out now. I'm glad it's healing up good!

Well, all the stitches are out, and the pain is minimal. I start today putting light weight on the ankle. I go back to the plastic surgeon in 2 weeks and hopefully he will release me. Then back to the orthopedic surgeon because he is the one that has me off from work, but he will release me for sure. It’ll take a while to get moving around like I need to to be messing around with my little guys. I think by the time the weather breaks in the spring I’ll be in pretty good shape and can get back outdoors and working with them.
Great. Glad you are in little pain. :) 👍

I’m a little slow on my updates ( cause I’m lazy ). So here goes. I went to my plastic surgeon last Tuesday, and he released me. Although he wants to see me again in two months. I saw my orthopedic doctor Friday. He told me that I’d be off work for 8-10 more weeks, and start physical therapy in 2 weeks. He also said that I could do anything that I feel like doing, and can put all the weight I feel like putting on it. Currently I’m still using a cane but hope to be free of that this weekend ( that may be wishful thinking but that’s my goal ).

That sounds like you are healing well. Follow what the doc says. You don't want set backs. I know it's hard to keep a strong women down though:)
Wishing you the best recovery.

Latest posts

Back