It's Friday, and I'm here!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DUDE!!!! It hurt soooo bad!!!! LOL!! I'm better now! Heating blanket on the bed, layed on it on high for a few and I'm good! Thanks for asking! I really wiped out hard! Worst part....... I landed in cat poo!!!
default_please.gif
I gave up and layed there and laughed then cryed and my poor mom didn't know what to do!
OH NO! That's terrible! Glad to hear you're doing better though.

Last edited by a moderator:
well tell that Dr. if he could balance your hormones maybe you could lose the weight!
default_yes.gif
Ewwwww there is nothing worse that cat crap!

Yeah, he told me to take birth control to balance my hormones. But my husband and I are trying to get pregnant, so I can't take BC (not to mention I react to artificial hormones in the worst possible ways). But because my cycles and hormones are crazy, getting pregnant is next to impossible. I guess that's why I'm trying so hard to lose weight. Not to mention, m self confidence is shot. Everytime a stranger laughs around me, I worry it's AT me.

I'm here... ate a whole lot of mixed vegetables with dinner and only a tiny bit of the casserole I'd made... but I love the veggies!!! 60 calories a serving (but I know I ate more than 1 serving!)
default_eat.gif

Just checking in. I didn't have a goal this week, but I am reading the thread, now that I found it.

I wish I could go with the not eating after 6, but I'd have to forego supper to do that. We don't eat til after dark, too much to do outside.

I do need to try for a little self-control with snacking, so perhaps I should try that.

We usually eat around 4:45-5:00, but I enjoy eating a dessert, even if it isn't cake (like it was tonight, heehee). I don't like going from 5:00pm to 7:00am the next morning without eating. Gotta keep the metabolism working to full cpacity. ;)

default_saludando.gif

Chanda & Jill Glad to see ya!!!

Are you guys going to make a goal for the week? or just following this evil struggle!! ??? LOL!!

Last edited by a moderator:
default_saludando.gif

Chanda & Jill Glad to see ya!!!

Are you guys going to make a goal for the week? or just following this evil struggle!! ??? LOL!!
I'll probablly just follow the struggle for now. I'm weak at this time of year, and snacking keeps me going. come spring/summer I might try to make goals, when I'm not stuck inside so much and snacking doesn't look better than anything else

hi everyone,

I am just joining you and it is Sunday so I will try to remember to be back here on Friday. My goal until then is to keep track of my points (I am using the weight watchers system) an try to get at least 15 min a day of walking. I have about 135 lbs to lose, but working on the 10% rule. I want to get rid if (not lose because I don't ever want to find it back) 23lbs yet to get to my first goal. I am nearly 58yrs old and want to be able to use these painfilled knees when I am 78 so need to get some of the weight off, Maybe working with the horses this spring will help.

See you here on Friday.

Angie

I've never tried Weight Watchers, but I know a lot of people who have success on it. Is it something easy to follow when you reach your goal? Most people I know seem to gain weight back, so it makes me wonder whether it's too strict for me.

I've never tried Weight Watchers, but I know a lot of people who have success on it. Is it something easy to follow when you reach your goal? Most people I know seem to gain weight back, so it makes me wonder whether it's too strict for me.
It is like almost any other program to get healthy. It is about healthy changes that you will live with for the rest of your life. It really doesn't matter if you count calories, count points, eat only certain foods or weigh every bite, when you reach your goal, you need to be willing to continue to do what you have been doing to get there. If you don't, the weight and bad habits will eventually win again. I have chosen weight watchers because it is easier for me to keep track of points that calories. I currently get 36 daily points and 49 weekly points. I know the point value of nearly all the foods I regularly eat and most fruits and vegetables are point free. I can almost keep track in my head most of the day--especially if I am away from home. When I eat out, I go online and find the restaurant we plan to go to and most will have nutrition values of their menus on their websites. I then use my little point calculator (bought from weight watchers) to figure a couple of menu items and I usually know what I will order before I get there and don't even look at the menu in the restaurant. Calorie counting has never worked for me.

Counting calories never worked for me either. It became a pain to sit there adding things up, then dividing them among portions. Most of the time I either added too many calories or not enough. :/

one of my tricks is to keep a list of foods that I have eaten in a spiral notebook. I put the detailed name of the food (not just soup, but progresso vegetable classics hearty tomato) I put the amount I ate and the point cost for that amount. That way, I don't have to look things up all the time. I use the same notebook that I am using to keep track. I make the list on the back pages and use the front pages for daily consumption lists. I also make another list with exercise that I do and approx. points per 10 or 15 minutes. That way I have an idea how many I use when I do anything and I keep track of that on my daily consumptions lists as well--just in case I go over my daily points so I know that I don't go over my exercise points--if possible.

When I need a new notebook, I cut the list pages out and tape them to the back pages of the new book. We have to keep this as easy as possible.

Also, if I buy a new food, I will figure the points per serving and put it on the list so that I don't have to do that work when I am hungry.

Thats a smart way of keeping track. I wish I would have had my food scale when I was counting calories because it would have made exact amounts a lot easier. What I wouldn't give to have a skinny person's metabolism. Lol.

I also have a lot of small plastic containers with lids (1/4 cp, 1/2 cp,ect) and if I do buy some of my favorite things like m&m's or jelly belly jelly beans, I will measure the whole package into the little containers and then put them in the freeze compartment of the fridge in the back room. That way they are not in my face all the time and I only bring one out at a time. If I am busy, I won't take the time to walk all the way back there to get one. I will usually eat some grapes or carrots or a banana instead.

Don't forget, meet up here today at 3:00 (east coast), 12:00 (west coast), or whatever time in the middle (depending on your time zone). I'll be a little late because I don't get home until 15 minutes after. Can't wait to hear how you all are doing!
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back