It's Friday, and I'm here!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even if you stick to it most days, that's still amazing and something to be proud of. I did great all week long until yesterday. There has been a whole lot of stress in my life trying to get the best of me but I've been staying strong. Well Wednesday my husband called me and told me that his job was laying off 25 guys but wouldn't tell them who. Hearing that was the final straw! I was beyond stressed yesterday between not knowing if he was one of them, and I had my eye appointment. Luckily, he wasn't one of the ones laid off, and the eye doctor told me that it just looks like inflamation to him. He said my eyes are extremely healthy and he gave me some anti-inflamation drops. So the things I was stressing over actually turned out alright. But by the time dinner rolled around, I didn't feel like cooking and instead, I had my husband take me out for a celebration dinner at Chilis. I find that my stomach has shrunk quite a bit, so I couldn't eat most of my meal. But I did eat a salad, some chips and salsa, and a piece of mini pizza. I felt real bad (it's hard when I can't weigh my food), but I woke up this morning with a weight loss from last Friday, so I couldn't beat myself up over it.
default_smile.png

Maybe you could start using smaller plates at meals times? I use paper party plates, which are the same size as tea saucers. Then you could fill it with as much as you want, but it still wouldn't be what a normal plate would allow you to eat. A full tiny plate would give you the illusion that you have a full plate, compared to trying to cut down portions on a huge plate and you see a half empty plate.

Hey that is wonderful! I'm sorry you got so stressed but am happy it turned out to be good news!! Doing the smaller plate is a good idea I think I will try that. So I'll continue with the no butter, no eating after 6 and starting in the morning I'm going to use a saucer to eat supper on...and oh yeah no chips. i'm so glad to hear your eye is getting better.!!

Saturday was good! Sunday not so much! Lol! The rest of the week has been pretty good! I've been doing the no eating after 6 and no sugar. Today my hubby went to the grocery store and we both went there hungery! Thats a BIG nono and i know better then that. But i only came home with a huge tub of cookies.... easily cold have been more garbage but i stuck to my list!

Glad everyone is trying and doing good! Stress is tough! Tuesday i wiped out on the ice and tweaked my back, but i think in a way it help! I'm not thinking about food only when my tummy growls! Lol!

Glad your eye is better Sara! And glad it was not your hubby on the list!

I'm glad to hear you are sticking to your goals as well! Do you both have a certain goal in mind, like a number of pounds or a pant size?

Oh yeah! I need to be down 2 pants sizes when this is all said and done! I don't care how long it takes I need to be down 2 to feel comfy in my skin!

how about you guys?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not aiming for the stars like in my younger years, now I just would like to comfortably wear a 16 or 18. I'm tall and big, even when I was skinny and wearing a 9 I was still a big girl, so 16/18 may sound fat to some but that's my goal and I'm sticking to it.

Thats a great goal! I always wanted to be tall.... but alas, it was not in the stars... I am short! Hehehe! My MIL is tall and so is my hubby, and they cary their weight so much better me. I think a 16/18 is a reachable goal!
default_thumbup.gif
You can do it!!!!!

I think for this next week I'm going to continue with the 6pm and (trying my hardest) no sugar!

I do have an up date on my 3 cheese cake purchase! I only sampled 1 out of the 3 and that was the very first day I bought them. Hubby has been off and on swing shifts between midnight and days so I needed something to send with him to work!! PERFECT!!!! I made him a big dinner (that has to last at least 2-3 days) and a cheese cake! Woo Hoo!!

I'm right at 5'10" ..forgot to add my start size, now I wear a 22 or 24. I'm sure the Dr. would say I need to lose 100lbs. but I'll be comfortable with 40 to 50, I don't want to lose over 50.

I have set small goals. Like I need to lose seven more pounds to reach what I weighed when I had surgery in 2008. After that, I have to lose 13 pounds to get to the weight I was when I was at Disneyland and had a rather embarrassing experience. So each of my goals have an important meaning to me.

Right now, weight loss is slow going. But I think thats better for you then dropping a ton of weight quickly. I'm trying to teach myself better food habits, rather then doing a fad diet. But knowing I'm working so hard and not seeing massive results does kind of get discouraging.

Thunder, I hope your back is doing better?

I wish I had your height Debby. I wear the same size as you do but I'm 5'2".
default_sad.png

That's exactly how to do it Sara and with that mindset you'll succeed. I've found myself realizing why I did the fad diets for so many years, because it's too hard to cook and eat correctly.

How many times have y'all lost a lot and eventually gained it back?

In 2001, I lost 70lbs in four months. I think I gained it all back plus an extra 20lbs within three years. (Starvation diets and pills do not give lasting results. Lol) I have yo-yoed between the same 20-30 pounds ever since.

I have crazy hormone problems which have not helped any.

I hate to cook (always have) but I'm beyond sick of fast food and frozen dinners. I'm sitting here talking about losing weight as I'm organizing my recipes. I'm trying so hard to cook homemade meals now, not only because they are easier to weigh and control myself, but because I need some variety. So I guess thats a long term goal of mine as well - to cook more. It's not so appetizing after I've just spent hours slaving over cooking it.
default_smile.png

That's exactly how to do it Sara and with that mindset you'll succeed. I've found myself realizing why I did the fad diets for so many years, because it's too hard to cook and eat correctly.

How many times have y'all lost a lot and eventually gained it back?
I agree!! cooking good and eating healthy is hard! I love buttery thick heavy food, it's comforting. My ease in this is Mr. Picky(hubby). he likes things plain and basic. Also no side dishes for him. He likes one thing at a time and no salt. so thats a bonus! Some days I cook3-4 times a day for him and my son and all healthy is expensive. Some healthy, I can do! LOL!

I have fluctuated all my life between a 7 and a 14. But I'm 5'1 (with my tall shoes on shhhh! LOL!)

In 2001, I lost 70lbs in four months. I think I gained it all back plus an extra 20lbs within three years. (Starvation diets and pills do not give lasting results. Lol) I have yo-yoed between the same 20-30 pounds ever since.

I have crazy hormone problems which have not helped any.
I second that!!!

Hey, great idea! Maybe I should have my husband move our shelves up higher so I can't reach the food and plates. That could be a very easy weighloss solution.
default_smile.png

The most I lost at one time was 140 lbs. I spent the better part of my life dieting, up and down and I always gained back more than I lost. I used to go days without eating and the weight just dropped right off. I've never had a problem losing, all diets work it's just I can't stick to them, and I can't keep it off once I lose it. Now I'm trying to not really deprive myself of anything (except butter) I'm just trying to moderate what I eat.. I Love to cook, I don't cook healthy but I'm trying. I have started using a lot of herb blends to season instead of salt.

Speaking of hormones, did you get any tips about that from the Dr Oz transcripts?

gosh Thunder you are short too!! lol

Yes how is your back Thunder? Wow Sara you are little! you couldn't even reach my cabinets to get the plates!
DUDE!!!! It hurt soooo bad!!!! LOL!! I'm better now! Heating blanket on the bed, layed on it on high for a few and I'm good! Thanks for asking! I really wiped out hard! Worst part....... I landed in cat poo!!!
default_please.gif
I gave up and layed there and laughed then cryed and my poor mom didn't know what to do!

I tried to watch the episode but my laptop has been giving me some issues, especially with uploading videos. I believe I have an estrogen dominence. I had an ovary removed in '08 and my hormones and cycles have never been the same. My doctor told me that I need to lose weight in order to balance my hormones out. That's great advice, if it was actually easy to accomplish.

Latest posts

Back