Eagles Ring -Coco-colt 6/25....Lotus-Filly 5/2, Pooh-colt & Spice-filly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First the story

we didn't have buzzer on Spice yet

Art woke up and saw her foaling on cam

when we got to the barn about 5:15am Spice was still laying down and sack was not broke
default_ohnoes.jpg

luckily we were in time to tear the bag and have a healthy filly

a few pics from tonight not very good but something

she's a sweetie and very friendly..

Spice X Buzz @ 307 days -smokey black filly
default_smile.png

IMG_20140321_185226467_zps5699058f.jpg

IMG_20140321_185314977_zps824c7397.jpg
IMG_20140321_185317653_zps45a802ba.jpg

What a cute little filly - such a pretty face! Good luck with Pooh.
default_yes.gif

Congratulations!!! Baby sleeping quietly while momma grazes her stall.

Pooh just quietly grazing her stall, as well.

Oh, what a doll baby and a BIG congratulations to you!!!! She's such a sweetheart!
default_aktion033.gif

Congrats on your pretty little filly! Sounds like it wont be long before your next one arrives! Wish my mares would follow suit but they are determined to drive me crazy first LOL

Thank you..Spice was a surprise I have to stop using 330 days for my due dates

as they almost always seem quicker . Pooh is real close so hoping this weekend

I wish your mares would step it up too anxious to see their foals

Yea I use 300 days as when I start watching them closely then figure by how they progress. My ones that have foaled previously I use their earliest gestation as a guideline. I generally use 330 days for maidens as they seem to go longer. At least mine do. Most of ours foal between 310-330 days with a few exceptions.

Yep I also use day 300 to start close watch and I usually use day 320 as due date but if they go to 330 it does not surprise me at all. Seemed most of mine went around 317 or 318 with the occasional stubborn one going almost a year!!! Crazy mares!!!!!!

wow yes it's time for me to adjust my foalin due dates to at least 320 as most of ours go 305 to 320 with some a bit longer I keep having my due dates

way out there.

I always do start watching at 300 too although had 1 surprise us a maiden foal @ 298 last year...

almost a year would really make me crazy

I like starting the serious 'watch' at 300 days, but really don't expect baby until 320-330. But, as you all know, I had a mare that delivered on day 365 like clockwork. So, you just never know!
default_whistling.gif

My experienced mares I don't have gestation lengths on, as they came from a pasture breeders place; and I haven't raised a foal out of either yet (both lost the foals they were carrying when I bought them; one at 24 hours old, the other late term abortion).

However, those that were maiden mares for me; went 320, 320, 307 and 324 (all B-size mares).

Pooh had a chestnut real flashy pinto colt with blaze and 4 white legs don't remember how high
default_smile.png
3/23 about 12:30 am all is well

pics in the morning

Last edited by a moderator:
default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif
Many congratulations Lori - well done Pooh!!

Cant wait to see the pics.
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back