Abbie is overdue (and on our barncam!)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dontworrybeappy

Reaction score
Abbie is 363 days today... stallion owner has confirmed breeding dates (plus she came back home right after!) and our vet palpated a live foal at 343 days. Abbie has the look of a mare just now starting to think about foaling, she is just now developing a bag. No fescue in SoCal (no grass! We feed alfalfa pellets) She is happy and healthy, trotted and cantered in the arena yesterday... just not thinking of foaling on time!

Her last foal was born at around 330 days. Abbie herself was my way-preemie baby born at 292! My vet says she's cooking this one longer to make up for the days she missed.
default_whistling.gif

http://webcam.kpmcornerstone.com:8080/multi.html

The other camera is Prissy who just had a lovely silver bay appaloosa filly with little white splashes on her hiney (under her foal coat!) Prissy looked ready for a long time too, although we didn't have breeding dates for her (pasture bred) - her filly is named "KnockKnockKnock Penny".

Here's Abbie from 3 days ago- not looking like a mare nearly a year in foal....

12-P1000232.JPG

13-P1000247.JPG

11-P1000219.JPG

12-P1000232.JPG

I know she's not a mini, but my AQHA mare went nearly a year with her first foal. [sent out for breeding April 1-7, foaled March 30. Only exposure to a stallion, so certain on the dates.]

here she was March 2, barely looking pregnant, but she was over 330 days:

Foolish - March 2, 1997 - for web.jpg

I was boarding her, and the busy-body at the boarding facility swore she wasn't pregnant, cause she didn't look it.
default_whistling.gif

And, foaling day:

Foolish - March 30, 1997.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
She's just taking longer to put the spots on it!
default_whistling.gif
Seriously, she's a gorgeous mare, and I can't wait to see what she's got cooking in there!

This was Abbie with a friend of mine on the day she was born (at 292 days along!)

View attachment 6635

Today is 371 - a friend says she's going to have it between 2 and 4 am during the lunar eclipse tonight. I have my fingers crossed!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back