December photos/Equine Affaire: On Target Miniature 2012 foals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So glad to hear the good news about Mira - not about the ulcers of course, but about her moving well towards recovery.
default_yes.gif

I too, would like to thank you Mary for allowing us into your foaling barn and into your life over these long past weeks. I was always suprised and very grateful on how fast you posted updates and news here, when you must have been so busy and exhausted. So a huge THANK YOU comes from me and I hope you will stay around to offer us your views and experience as we continue with this busy foaling season. (Mine wont be foaling until July so please stick around!)

I have a favor to ask you wonderful mare starers... tonight is going to be very cold here, temps in high 20's (F) with wind chills even lower. If you could just check once or twice in the night and make sure that Snappy doesn't look too cold, I would really appreciate it. I will add a second blanket and have put down extra straw. Extra straw for Toffee & Clyde too. No intense staring, just a peek or two is all I ask. It is going to be like this for the next 3 nights. We put the stallion in Mira's stall so he wouldn't have to stay out in his run-in (where I am sure he would do fine, but as long as the stall is empty...) and a blanket on the only clipped one. Just so glad that I didn't get carried away and clip more than that!!!

THANK YOU. By the way, the vets at Tufts think Snappy is even cuter than Bunny, and in terms of cuteness factor, I think I would agree.

I will be keeping a close eye on Rosie and Atiya tonight so will include your brood on my watch list

Thank you!! I will undoubtedly be up at least once checking myself. I did not put a second blanket on as the one she has is double thick and any extra would have to go UNDER it (to fit) and I didn't like changing things around. I also don't want to close the top of the Dutch doors unless absolutely necessary.

2am. she looks like she is laying down sleeping comfy and Sox is standing next to her.

Morning Ladies, I am here too
default_saludando.gif
Shucks! that cobweb is really annoying
default_frusty.gif

Thanks all - I meant to knock down the cobweb at bed time and I forgot!!! This filly is just adorable - too bad for us that she isn't a pinto and is too tiny for our program. The 4-Hers will adore her. As I said the vets at Tufts have photos and the cam link and are smitten.

Mary I don't want pintos and I love them small
default_whistling.gif

If only I lived closer
default_thud.gif

3.15am Snappy stood patiently next to mum waiting for her to get up so she could feed. What a sweet heart.
default_smile.png

4.20am Snappy is up feeding again,
default_thumbup.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Please bear with me folks, but I was thinking about the trouble I had finding Snappy's second foot and I went back and looked at all the foaling photos and think I have something interesting so I thought I would share.

These are the best shots I could find that simulate their (correct) foaling positions. Not that with Bunny and Clyde it is clear that the legs extended out past the nose by quite a ways, so it was easy to see if the second foot was there or not. But with tiny Snappy, with her long neck, her nose and hooves are about even so that the foot that was back a little to allow the shoulders to pass, was actually a bit behind the nose!! I think it is important for "midwifes" to know this can happen, especially with the tiny ones.

Bunny_birth_position.jpg

Clyde_birthposition.jpg

BSnappy_birthposition.jpg

Yes Mary, I have a very short video of a mare foaling and you can clearly see 1 foot and a nose, the second foot came through shortly after. If you are interested I will post it.

That reminds me that there are videos of Bunny's and Snappy's births on Mare Stare, under 2012 Nursery. I am not sure if posting a link to them is allowed???

I assume the video you are referring to is not Snappy???

I would love to see it and perhaps some of the 4-Hers would also. THANK YOU!

Adding new pics of Snappy from her first outing today:

Snappy_4_28.jpg

Snappy_walk_4_282.jpg

Head:

Snappy_head.jpg

Getting loved on by Sox:

Sox_grooming.jpg

Oh she is so precious Mary - very cute too!
default_yes.gif

Those 'length of leg' pictures you posted are great, one can really see a difference with Snappy!

Incidently, say a few prayers for Renee - Izzy is whelping! Fingers crossed for a safe delivery Renee.
default_pray.gif

Mary, I was just wondering how Mira was getting on - any news?

Crossing fingers that Mira and Bunny can come home later today!!! If so, I will swap horses around and/or put all the cams back up so you can see them. Bunny has spent one third of her life in the hospital and we miss her terribly!! We also miss Mira too, of course, and so glad they found what was wrong!

I am really busy with work but will try to post a video of Snappy from yesterday when it wasn't raining like it is now.

Oh great news!!
default_thumbup.gif
:ThumbUp

It will be wonderful to see them again and I'm sure Mira will be pleased to be back home with her family.
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back