Cocoa - Koora Filly - WARNING - Picture overload! Page 36

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is her this morning i took a picture from both sides, even though her tummy is looking closer shes still very active and cranky. The only change in her udder is that it became firmer.

IMG-20120908-00176.jpg

IMG-20120908-00177.jpg

Ah that's better! It must have been the angle you were at that gave her tummy that V look so suddenly. As Diane says, the pics you have just posted look perfectly correct for her stage of pregnancy - baby settled and ready to move a bit more forward as the birth gets closer.

Thanks for the new pics - keep the coming but remember to get right down to her level to get the correct angle.
default_yes.gif

Yeah it must have been the angle, but I think also because she was standing on a hill.

So she is now between 300 and 309 days :D Finally she is definitely past the 300 mark!!!

Heres some photos from this morning (She seems to have sucked that baby right back up there lol)

300 days (6) - Copy.jpg300 days (7) - Copy.jpg

I didnt bother uploading udders photos as it hasnt visibly changed

Last edited by a moderator:
HOORAY for the 300!!
default_firstprize.gif

Hopefully she will just make steady progress for the next couple of weeks!
default_yes.gif

She was looking a little more dropped yesterday and today but other than that no visible changes in udder, etc. Her udder feels slightly thicker and is warm.

302 days (1) - Copy.jpg302 days (2) - Copy.jpg302 days (4) - Copy.jpg302 days (6) - Copy.jpg302 days (8) - Copy.jpg

Sounds like her udder is 'thinking' ... or at least that's what I call it
default_new_rofl.gif

I think she went shopping last night but instead of spending in the udder department she refunded it haha
default_thumbdown.gif

lol! They do that so much at the start, really they don't start milk production until very late in the game, the swelling and heat we notice is the milk system kicking into gear and preparing to be useful. Then we get the fun premilk fluid that likes to treat us so badly XD Good times!

Cocoa at 306 - 315 days this morning. Not showing any signs that she is going to go any time soon as she is still running around etc. Her udder was rock hard this morning.

306 days (2) - Copy.jpg

(i think i got down too low to take this photo as i was little downhill from her, whoops)

What do you mean by rock hard? Do you mean that the glands that you can often feel inside the udder are hard or that her whole udder is actually large/hard/warm/hot? Can you look just inside her vulva to see the inside colour? If it is changing to a deep red, then she is very close.

Just a bit concerned by what 'rock hard' means!

Agree with Anna, everytime I've described an udder as rock hard I've announced a foal the next morning!
default_new_rofl.gif

Sorry for the confusion, i just meant that its was denser/thicker/sucked up towards her tummy more, if that makes sense? Normally its kind of hanging down lol It wasnt warm or any bigger than previous days, if anything it was smaller. Her vuvla is still the same colour as i have been checking it morning and night. Im very sorry if i stressed you all out. Shes still eating and acting normal.

So this morning her udder has finally (visibly)increased in size, however if i try to get milk only the tiniest, tiniest, completely clear, non sticky drip comes out. Her vulva was still light pink and she wasnt elongated. Still acting normal and eating like theres no tomorrow haha. She is now at 307 - 316 days.

However in one of the udder pictures it almost looks like theres wax on one of her teats. I didnt see this when i was checking her so i tend to think its just a trick of the camera (shall have to double check when i get home).

307 days (1) - Copy.jpg307 days (4) - Copy.jpg307 days (5) - Copy.jpg

307 days (9) - Copy.jpg

I think you might be seeing that crusty tip the mares get rather then true wax, I'd expect her udder to fill more before then
default_smile.png
But you also won't get wax until the liquid changes.

Typically you still need to see it get easier to express, (example like my girl Beauty I now just have to squeeze and I easily get drops falling into my hand.) It needs to get stickier, not like honey but tacky when you press it between your fingers. You will see white flecks next as things start to kick off and then you get skim milk. After that you may get wax.

If you get wax run around like a lunatic shouting the word with a giddy smile on your face. Post it in large bold letters on every forum/fb you frequent and generally confirm to all who know you that you are mad.... or is that just what I do?
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl

When i reach tacky liquid I check more often. Dreamy went from a few days of tacky, to white flecks in the evening, to skim milk a few hours later and foaling a few hours after that.

I didnt think it was wax but i thought i would mention it anyway to see what you Aunties thought
default_smile.png
Better safe than sorry. Thinking back to her first two pregnancy's i dont remember seeing wax but that was a few years ago and i definitely didnt document her pregnancy quite as well as i have this time.

Latest posts

Back