Anna's Girls - Updated news.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just doing an update - not about the minis (they are all doing great) but about what is happening on the farm/in my life right now plus explaining why I might not be around for the next week or so.

Some may remember that approx 2 years ago we were trying to 'reduce' the farm here mainly to ease our financial obligations - me wanting to retire/family all moving away to their own lives etc. Well it has taken all this long time (and loads of stress and frustration!) to get things sorted! Friend Pat and her daughter Gemma have now purchased our big stone barn and are having it converted for residential, plus 7 acres of land. And at last we have found just the right folks to purchase the main farm house plus 5 acres - Martin and Dawn keep Alpacas, chickens and honey bees, Dawn makes her own honey so am looking forward to some of it coming in my direction soon!

After taking so long to organise of course it has all come to a head very fast and Martin and Dawn will be moving in this coming Friday which means that for the past two weeks we have all been flat out trying to get all our belongings, stuff (and rubbish) out of the house and buildings, plus moving some 200-250 plants in pots from the garden over to our 'side' of the farm. I will be left with the smaller stone barn (which we will eventually convert to living) and the rest of the land (although Martin and Dawn may buy a further 9 acres in the future). Until we convert our barn I will be once again living in my big towing caravan (last spent 4 years in her before we moved up here nearly 8 years ago) and am having a little man coming tomorrow morning to check over her electrics, gas etc to make sure she is still safe. Tonight is the last night I will sleep in my room here as tomorrow night I will be in the caravan - reducing the amount of clothes and stuff that I can house in the van has been a bit of a nightmare, essentials only!! All our otherfurniture etc is now being stored in two huge mobile homes on our 'part' of the farm until needed once the small barn has been converted, so I'm sure I shall be rummaging in thosefor things I realise I need and have forgotten to keep with me, plus chuching out things I have taken but find I can really do without!

Have also got to errect some sort of 'garden' fenced area around the van to keep the dogs close at hand when not out with me during the day or they will be back visiting the main house on a regular basis and Mrs Nest (JR) will be poppng back through the cat flap at will by mistake! My other main problem is the cats - 4 of them - as they too have got to transfer themselves to the caravan from the house, not easy as it is all the same property to them, but with the lack of food in the house and plenty of food stations over our 'side' plus in the van i'm hopig it wont take them long to adjust.

Our side of the place is just a mass of chaos as we have simply moved everything over in a great hurry and dumped it to sort later, we have a huge bonefire going for the rubbish, piles of stuff to go to the rubbish tip, huge tree trunks waiting to be logged for next winter, plus groups of dumped plants wherever there is a free corner. There is still one more building that we have to dismantle and re-errect to give us some winter housing for the minis, trouble is that the 'site' for this is presently the bonefire (!!) so not sure where we will dump it nor when it will then get errected! So much to do and everything is such a muddle LOL!! And of course w still have the stables that were quickly errected in the barn for the two foaling mares, little old Heidi and my boy Mootie, so no coverting the barn until we can errect the other building for them!

But one thing I do know is that because we have been working from dawn to dusk for the past three weeks, from Friday onwards for the next week or so, once the official sale goes through, we are taking a break and doing nothing except drawing breath and just existing and chilling out!! Which finally brings me to one of the reasons for posting this - I am not sure I will be able to get here from Friday onwards due to the lack of a phone line/internet connection until we can get a new line put in to our barn (and therefore extnded to my caravan) - got it arranged for the 7th July. Am so hoping that Lily and Indy have their babies in the next two days, but bet they will wait until I'm 'offline'!

Also as I'm not likely to be here on Friday may I wish all my friends in the USA a VERY HAPPY 4th JULY!!
default_cheers.gif

Thanks for reading all this folks - please excuse any typing errors/missing words, the old laptop doesn't always do what I ask these days!

Well, I know you've been through a lot, and sounds like taking a breather is a good idea. Praying for these 2 little ones to make their arrival while you're still able to see them!

Love you, my dear friend, and praying all goes well, and will miss you when you're "off-line".

~~Diane

Goodness, after all this time of planning its finally all working for you, I'm so happy for you Anna, I really hope this eases your burden and that once the last few muddled bits fall into place that you will be settled happy and comfy real soon.
Praying all goes well for you and that you have a very lovely and well deserved break.

best of luck!

much love to you, Suzie and Finn give you a big smooch and cuddle.

Can't believe I missed your babies arriving Anna
default_sad.png

Last few months have been crazy here, (hence the snobbery and lack of dropping in here) but I promise to stick around for a bit now.

That filly is just ridiculously cute. And so pretty. Liquorice needs a play mate you know (hint, hint)

Very quick update - moved ok by Friday night, now in my caravan surrounded by essentials that I thought I needed but had forgotten how little space I had, so need to do another 'chuck out' before very long! Of course I cant find anything - cant remember where I put it!! Cats have made the transfer from house to barn and caravan brilliantly, bless them, dogs are perfectly happy anyway as long as they have us.

Losing phone line and internet tonight so will not be here until after the 10th when hopefully our new line will be installed. So take care everyone until we meet again!!

No worries Hayley - I know how life can get sometimes. Just good to hear from when you can make it!

Wow you have been busy, Anna! Wish you the best and thank you for updating! Hope your internet and phone get sorted out so you are back soon
default_smile.png

I'll be missing you, my dear friend. I look forward to you reappearing !

Me too , hurry back soon Its like a big part of the LB family missing
default_smile.png
how very true Ryan! Anna and Diane are such a major part of our LB family...
default_smile.png

glad to hear all your furry members have handled the move ok. hoping you get your internet and phone back on quick and easy so you can join us again. miss you my friend.

Congrats on the move Anna! And on the bubs :D Looking forward to your return!
default_thumbup.gif

I hope all is well Anna. Let me know when I can call so we can chat and I can check on you. hehehe.
default_smile.png

Hi all!! I'm not back yet - just popped into a neighbour to use their internet to do a catch up - desperately missing you all!! Managed to get a phone line connected a couple of days ago, but guess what - the internet won't connect grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!! Engineer coming out (yet again!!
default_frusty.gif
) on Tiuesday to sort it - hopefully!!

So should be back 'properly' on Wednesday.
default_pray.gif

Renee, good to hear from you - I now have a new phone line, but cant remember the number - will e-mail you with it when I find out.
default_yes.gif

Thanks for dropping in Anna, we were worried. I hope all is going smoothly and I look forward to chatting soon.
default_cheekkiss.gif

hoping your internet gets up and running smoothly on tuesday Anna, I don't know how much longer Suzie will wait, I'm glad you haven't missed her foaling yet and I hope you don't miss the foaling
default_smile.png
love to you! hope you have settled in well and everyone is coping fine.

much love to you. xo

Lordy, I miss you!!! So glad you dropped in to let us know everything was going alright -- even if the internet isn't. SOOOOOOO much better knowing you are fine. Can't wait until you are here every day again!

Praying your internet gets up soon Anna, please give me a number so I can call. Miss you loads
default_cheekkiss.gif

Back