WOW, and double WOW, total pg. 31

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This second week of the mission is always harder and slower. The newness is almost gone, and the last minute to donate isn't quite here yet.

But I am hoping you guys will help me change that this year.

How about, we make the second week the best?!?!?!?!?

But to do that I need your help.

If you have not yet donated, how about that $3 this week? As good a week as any!

The weather is changing, getting colder, more snow and there are horses out there that need CMHR, that need you!

There are always people, behind the people, behind the people, who get things done. And you are the people behind the people who without it can not be done.
default_wub.png

No one knows more than I how tough things can be right now. BUT, by helping it only makes you/me feel better. Takes me away from my worries and gives me a few minutes of helping, of feeling good.

It will be the best $3 you have ever spent,,,,,promise!

Thanks to all and more than that, thanks to all of you for listening and for putting up with me.
default_rolleyes.gif

Please check back,,,,,,,,more gifts, matches and surprises to come!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bozley $3

Fancy $3

Belle $3

Rhett $3

Cami $3

Total mini donation $15!

default_new_multi.gif
default_new_multi.gif

It's a strategy auction, and this is how it works.

We have these beautiful little dolls and their chair up for auction. These dolls were donated by a wonderful CMHR foster home. They were hand made by the amish about 25 years ago. They are in need of a new home, and it may just be you, but you have got to play your cards right.

In a strategy auction, you do put your bid here.

The bidding closes on Monday at noon, LB time.

Here's the catch. The MOST times you can bid, is twice.

So if you want this wonderful gift, your second bid better be good. Make sure you think it over, and you do it at the right time. It will help you out to watch the first bids, and who is bidding what and you decide how serious they are.

Remember,,,,,,,your second bid, is your last and final bid.

Shipping is being paid by the donor of this wonderful gift.

amish.jpg

amishchair.jpg

Who will start the bidding????

Gary, I and all our furry critters have just donated $48 on paypal. Please let us know if we can ever help out here in Florida.

Thank you all so much!!! For your donation and all else you do!

We do realize there is so much more to give than the dollars and want to thank you for that as well!

Thanks Gini for keeping track of everything, I know it is not so easy and you have been right on top of it.

The dolls are such a nice, rare gift,,,handmade by the amish, and cared for with love,,does anyone want to start the bidding?

OK, here is my bid #1:

$25

Now, who wants to join me! Those dolls and that bench are adorable! Think Christmas gift people!!

I think Christmas thoughts are a good idea,,,,,,maybe you have a doll collector in the family, or friends!!!!

Just remembered it was Sunday,,,,,,so won't ask for a total Gini.

But I do hope the mailman is very good to you tomorrow!!

How's the total? Just curious. COme on every one we can do this. Even if you can only spare $3, that's fine and dandy. The minis will appreciate it all.

Sorry didn't meant to steal the thread. I got Honey Pie Pony (Trisket) through CMHR in Sept. 2005. She came from another rescue in Florida,they had purchased her and 4 others from an older woman who could no longer care for her herd. She wouldn't just let them take the so they paid her. Honey's feet were like elf shoes, she was full of worms, had at least one baby, plus was bred again as it was a larger herd that ran with the stallion. So we know for a fact she had at least 3 babies (2 live, 1 stillborn), she had a baby for them, and was rebred (the stillborn colt we had). When she came to me she was 4-5 months pregnant and skinnier that I would have liked. SHe was very tired, no spunk. Noah could walk her and he was only 3. She was out 24/7 due to haveing heaves. Their vet said that they tried everything and the only other options they had were to euthinize (sp?) her or send her up North where it was cooler. So that is what they did. They contacted CMHR, there was a trailer down that way that turned around and got her. They called me with updates and thought they were going to loose her at one pont. She fought and is thriving today. She is still alittle timid, but has come a very long way since that day in September. We love her to pieces and recently found out that she has cancr in her eye. I'm looking into what it's going to cost to have her eye removed. She has vision in it, and she not sickly at all. My vet is wonderful and we've been keeping an eye on it. I know all the other minis would like your help as Honey did. Sorry it's picture heavy, but I wanted to shw you her progress.

Here are some pictures of her:

The Day she arrived:

IMG_0929.jpg

47b2f018.jpg

1883fc90.jpg

06310b9c.jpg

A few weeks after she arrived:

IMG_0973.jpg

ab0b362c.jpg

Winter time:

fbded484.jpg

4dac8649.jpg

2 years ago: summer time:

IMG_1185.jpg

Her and Cassidy:last summer:

IMG_1457.jpg

This November:

059.jpg

Christy

What wonderful pictures Christy, thanks so much for sharing!!!!! Cassidy is adorable too.

This story too started with $3 from somewhere to get this horse to a safe haven.

It has been so cold here today, and where are my horses, up in the barn. Gosh, how many do not have that if they so make the choice,,,,,or their only choice is to stand out in the wind.

I hope you will find it in your heart to give CMHR a little of your time and send them $3.

Thanks so much

IT'S TIME FOR OUR CLUB CHALLENGE!

default_488.gif

We have several clubs that donate each year, and they are challenging you to donate to the $3 Mission of Thanks.

Some clubs pull from their current funds, some take up special donations during their next meeting, some do a special fund raiser,,,,,,,but it all works!

The club that won the challenge 2 years ago was from the North East and they donated right at $600!!!!

Bring it up at your next meeting,,,,,,email your officers and board, maybe they can get you an answer.

Sometimes, all you gotta do is ask,,,,,,,so can you ask for us???

I bet they would be happy too, they just don't know about it,,,,,yet!!!!!

Oh, youth groups are great at this.
default_wub.png

[SIZE=14pt]Our total as of tonight is $1563.00!! Thank you ALL!![/SIZE]

I have emailed this thread to my husband whom is forwarding it on to all of his business associates. They love to help the horses and I expect this total to go up quite a bit soon.
default_smile.png
default_wink.png
:wink Thanks again to ALL who help!

Well, I'm obviously going to get a REALLY nice treasure of a gift in those dolls and bench made by the Amish.
default_wink.png
What's up folks, can't bring yourself to give up one dinner out for the horses?
default_rolleyes.gif

There are TONS of people who've already been very generous!
default_aktion033.gif
CMHR just needs the rest of us to give up just a little from our everday lives to help the less fortunate horses who would be very cold this winter without help from the angels that run (volunteer) this rescue. :Cold-Scared

Hi,

Lookie what I found in my closet!!! Breyer Legend Model Smart Chich Olena.

Now this is a collector's item to be sure. Brand new, never played with - BEAUTIFUL! Retails anywhere from $40 -$75 depending on where you buy it from.

I am donating this item to CMHR in hopes someone can fill a Christmas Stocking somewhere. I will pay shipping - YOU BID and PAY CMHR PAYPAL account.

Gini & CMHR - Good Luck with this!

IMG_0902.jpg

IMG_0901.jpg

COME ONE EVERYONE TAKE A CHANCE AND BID!

Trace thank you so much for your generous offer!! Horse people are just amazing
default_wub.png

Cant wait to see who the lucky bidder is!

I emailed this to all the 4-H groups in my county and I've asked the 4-H office to email it to all the other 4-H horse groups in Western Massachusetts. Maybe everyone can do that and get the money rolling in that way. I'm hoping it works.

Christy

Latest posts

Back