WOW, and double WOW, total pg. 31

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
It is the annual 2008 CMHR $3 Mission of Thanks!!
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif

Please continue to read the entire post, it will only take a few minutes of your time and it is greatly appreciated! Thank you so much.
default_please.gif

Why $3? Because it is only 3 weeks until Thanksgiving, and what better way to show our thanks of being able to enjoy these wonderful little horses than helping to contribute to a cause that works extremely hard and especially this year, needs so much financial help.

Main reason for the $3, because it is a dollar amount most can contribute. Yeah, we really JUST want $3. While many charities ask for a $50 or $100 donation, a dollar beyond what many can do, we only want $3 at a time.

And before you question how successful it would be, over the years it has been very successful! One year raising close to $5000. $6000 is only 2000 $3 put together. There has to be a first $3, then a second, and so on.

There are currently 5400 Lil Beginning members. I realize some are not on the forum any more, but still, we will say 5000 members, at $3 a piece, that is $15,000
default_488.gif
default_488.gif

Please continue to read on, please, I hope I haven't lost you just yet!

The first year I did this, this is year 4, I missed last year due to husband being very ill, I can not even begin to tell you how many people told me it would never work. Soooo the wrong thing to tell me.
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
I love a challenge. I was told it was just too simple. Well, this simple little thing works and has proven to work.

People do want to help, sometimes what charities ask for is too much. By the $3 we allow all to be able to contribute, many who couldn't other wise, all adding up, and all who feel good about their contribution.

Just send your $3 to

Gini Acton

16340 N. Coronada View Rd.

Tucson AZ 85739

or by paypal at [email protected]

or visit their site at www.chancesminihorserescue.org the paypal button is on the front page, on the left.

This will be updated often, check for prizes for a certain donation, also for gifts to be sold also for a donation and many many more surpirses!!!!!
default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif
We also have price matches, watch for those as well.

2008 has proven to be hard for many, CMHR has taken in a record number horses, horses in many states are just being let go, and CMHR needs to be able to do their job without worrying about the financial end. So will you help me take care of the finances for them?

default_firstprize.gif
default_firstprize.gif
WE CAN DO IT!!

Please do NOT pin this thread, we just have way too much fun keeping it up! I sure hope you keep it here too. Thanks again to all here at the forum who are just so awesome during this time of year and put up with a few of us.
default_wub.png

Oh, oh, can I go first?

I am currently going through a divorce, it has taken a lot to protect my horses, but I have done it. THAT I am extremely grateful for. So, I now have 9 horses, and my horses told me earlier they would love to donate $3 a piece to CMHR, for a total of $27! My horses all have good hearts.
default_wub.png

I am thankful for so much more, but I will put those in at a later date!

HERE WE GO!

default_xreiter.gif
default_xreiter.gif
default_xreiter.gif
default_xreiter.gif

The Mission runs through Thanksgiving Day! Plenty of time for snail mail, by check or money order.

OUR 2008 CMHR $3 MISSION OF THANKS GOAL:
default_jerry.gif
default_jerry.gif
IS $6,666.66

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok Frankie here we go
default_xbud.gif
default_xbud.gif
I have 5 horses and 2 special dwarfs that I am adopting that will be here in a week or so. My guys that are here want to give 3.00 each and are asking OZ and Sunny to put in 5.00 a piece. This is $25.00 from my group!! Thanks again Frankie for doing this! You are awesome!!!
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif

default_saludando.gif
Please, do not want anyone to get the wrong impression, just in case, want to be sure.

We are only asking for a $3 total. Many in the past have given $3 a horse, or $3 a whatever, that is their choice. Your $3 will put us one step closer to our goal. And no, it is not "just" $3. We do think of it as so much more!

Nor do you have to post your donation here, that is totally up to you.

Just wanted to be clear.

Watch for total updates here as well.

Thanks
default_saludando.gif

I have been a member here at L'il Beginnings for awhile, but I am very recently new to Miniature Horse ownership (and very, very excited about it
). I donated $3 in honor of each of my (3) new Miniature Horses!

I have been a member here at L'il Beginnings for awhile, but I am very recently new to Miniature Horse ownership (and very, very excited about it
). I donated $3 in honor of each of my (3) new Miniature Horses!

ETA: I am sorry for the double post, I don't know how it happened!

Each of my 4 babies wanted to contribute along with me, so I donated $15. This is a great idea! I hope you gets lots of help for the rescued horses!

default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
Oh wow!

You guys are awesome. It usually takes us a good week to get going on this, and you guys have jumped in right away!

Thank you so very much from a well deserved group of little horses for all your help.
default_smile.png

Always my first thought when contributing,,,,,,if any of my current horses, or any horse I have ever sold, at some point of their life needs help I am unable to offer/give them,,,,,,,I am thankful for CMHR as I know they will step in and do the right thing.

For that to happen, I have to help keep CMHR here now.

I so hope you will do the same.

Is this place and its members just the greatest?!?!?!?!

Ok, my 2 stallions have sent their donation via Paypal of $3.00 each ($6 total). The others will send their donation, when they get their "allowance"; they aren't very good at saving for a rainy day.
default_wink.png

We're on board!!

A little something from our 3 boys, our new little girl and our "old lady"!!

Happy Thanksgiving!
default_biggrin.png

Yippee Carolyn is back!
default_aktion033.gif

I was wondering & hoping you would!

I will be sending some in soon on behalf of Nootka's Grandma Pony and some for my lost filly Sable and some for my others.

Thank you ladies!

A lot of views, that is great. It is now firmly planted in the brains of many, just waiting on pay day, or more time to go donate or one of those that throw in a lot near the end to help CMHR reach their goal!

Thank you to each one!

We all have so much to be thankful for!

The 5 boys I have here all decided they wanted to help with $3 donation each
default_yes.gif
Good luck with the Mission of Thanks for such a wonderful program!

I believe this year CMHR is really going to need it. So I will be sending you a check from my little herd of 30, oops make that 29. One is no longer with us but I know Madison would agree it is for a great cause. 30 x 3 = 90 so we will make it an even $100.00.

Keep up the great work!

My herd wants to help - especially Miss Rose who knows a little something about CMHR!! Check will be in the mail along with the check for my recent win in the CMHR auction - good timing
default_smile.png
!

You are all so very generous, as are your horses.
default_wub.png

From all of us: thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!

Gini, I do hope you double checked all of my information on the front page to make sure it is correct. I would hate for someone not to be able to donate because I have a typo.

Tomorrow is Friday,,,,,,,pay day for many, first one since starting the Mission, I just know it is going to be a great giving day!

default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif

Also, tomorrow we will have our first Challenge, so make sure to check back to see if YOU need to be involved.
default_saludando.gif

Ok...Hytide Farm wants to help too!

3 people........................................9.00

11 horses.......................................33.00

1 boarder.......................................3.00

Maddie, my Darling Rescue..............3.00 ( worth her weight in gold!!!!)

2 cats.............................................6.00

18 dogs...( yes, I know...)................54.00

2 fish in Molly's room.......................6.00

STUFF I am Thankful for:

Fling is healed.................................10.00

Making it home from Texas, sleep deprived, and safe..........10.00 47 hours, I think.....maybe 60....by then I didn't care....

Dru's kitchen is almost finished.........10.00

I have a FUNCTIONING computer again....10.00

Molly is on honor roll again................10.00

Thanksgiving is coming......................10.00

Did I tell you I bought a new HORSE??? (Don't tell Bill!).....10.00

Linda sounds GREAT on the phone.......10.00

Bonnie MAY come to visit....................10.00

GREAT friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!10.00

Thank you all!

dru

WOW and double WOW!

Thank you all so much!

We have our first challenge!!

A new member who has never donated to CMHR is challenging ALL other new members to make a $25 donation today! Just to show how much she appreciates this forum and how thankful she is she found it.

Don't let her be the only one!!!

Are you in?

CMHR needs you!

Frankie

I have been sick with a bad cold so havent posted much. But I have to say I am so thrilled to see this back again. THANK YOU. This is always so much fun when you did it in the past. I know last time the thread got HUGE.

2008 unfortunately has been a record breaking year for CMHR
default_sad.png
Winter is always a hard time for the minis in need so thank you and the donators from the bottom of my heart
default_wub.png

I think CMHR is going to be needed this winter more than ever! Count me in! Thought I'd get away with just the horses and my donation but the dang dogs and cats are wanting in too! Gotta get the calculator out!
default_laugh.png

Back