What should I do with Josie and what is happening

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was wondering if it is time for new pics
default_new_rofl.gif
obviously not.

I was wondering if it is time for new pics
default_new_rofl.gif
obviously not.
Oh ha ha!! I will take some right after school and post them!! Do you think there is a chance she could foal before the weekend? I want to be here when she has it! ha ha:)

I can't provide much input or advise but wanted to say what a cutie your girl is. I can relate to being new at this (everyone was at one point right?). I hope you have a safe birth & healthy foal! I'll be watching and learning from your progress. My mini is a bit farther away from foaling but I'm getting really excited
default_smile.png
Good luck!

Yeah the wait is awful but it is super exciting! It's like a guessing game and you don't know until the baby hits the ground!

Kay- Laney didn't have any milk until the day she foaled. Her bag was filled but it was only a very small amount of clear/cloudy secretion I could get out the weeks before. The day her milk came in her nipples filled and I knew I would get real milk when I went to test her and sure enough it was the final stage of milk ready for the foal. She ended up foaling about 2 hours after I milked her.

photos from 8pm- she foaled a little before 10:30pm

DSCN1936.jpg

DSCN1935-2.jpg

Wow she is definitely showing more of the V dropped look.
default_yes.gif
Her udder has filled a lot more, and is looking like it is getting very close to being full!
default_thumbup.gif
Thanks for the update. Hopefully she won't hold in the surprise much longer.
default_aktion033.gif
default_xkngt.gif

she is looking very good
default_smile.png

I would think she has a bit more V to go yet.... and if she goes by the book she should fill that udder some more... how is she looking behind?
default_smile.png

hmmm not sure If she will foal this weekend though for you... it would be good if you had marestare as we could help watch for you but I guess we have to be content with the piccies lol

yes she is progressing nicely but as Cassie said it looks like she still has a little way to go, the foal still needs to drop into position and she will fill her udder some more. Could you please take a pic from behind so we can see how baby is sitting?

I will take new pics today! I went out and Missy kept looking at her belly and her udder is a little more plump! I was kind of hoping she would have it before or after the weekend because I will be out of town and won't be able to be there for her!

Got a little foal blanket for the baby and it's the cutest thing I have ever seen! It's Nemo themed so it will it a colt or filly!

Latest posts

Back