What should I do with Josie and what is happening

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poor girl was probably very uncomfortable, I don't think she will foal this weekend which is good as you have to go away.

Poor girl was probably very uncomfortable, I don't think she will foal this weekend which is good as you have to go away.
Yeah probably! Yeah it will probably be better if she doesn't foal this weekend, but my dad is going to watch her and when he can't my brother is going to! She is 311 days in foal today!

She is 11 days ahead of my girl Odette
default_smile.png

They will know the difference when there is an english or western saddle, and they won't get confused! How old is your horse? Is he spur stop trained? It's different than wearing spurs! I will trot my horse if I am getting tired of the jog or if my horse just needs to clear his mind after alot of training! The first thing you need to ask somebody is if he is spur stop trained or traditionally trained! If you are going to do western, then perfect western and don't try to start english or anything. If he is in the middle of training in a bunch of different things, it will be hard! You need to perfect one thing at a time and then move on to the next, but if you are only going to ride him western, ONLY ride him western!

You need to find out how your horse was trained and what cues he was taught or it will be a giant mess!
I will have to call the man who sold him to us and ask about the spur stop to be sure. He told us some cues: drop reins and say "walk" to walk.. squeeze both heels for jog.. squeeze opposite leg to canter (which I am assuming would be the inside leg as the outside leg he said triggers the lead).. barely bump inside leg to lope.. he said to slow him you 'bump' his reins but pulling back and releasing really quickly.. to stop sit deep in the seat and say 'ho'. I can't seem to get all these to work though. I do agree we need to keep him strictly western and know how he was trained so we don't mess him up. I hope it is not too late. He has been ridden so many ways already. Thank you for going over this with me! I wish I had someone close by to help us who knows there stuff!

When you go into the lope you cue with your outside leg because it almost pushes them to go into the right lead! You want their inside leg going farther foward than the outside because it leads them in that direction. Just keep trying and you will finally get it! Took me 5 years!

The baby is kicking in a way where it would have to be upsidown to be kicking up by her back! It has been that way for a couple of weeks! Is it still ok or should I watch her really closely and have the vet adjust the baby when it is born?

At this stage it is quite normal to see kicks in that area as baby is not yet in the birth position, but IS following all the normal processes to get there in the end.
default_yes.gif

I agree with Anna, I wouldn't get to stressed over it at this time Kay she is doing very well and you will see her new little baby when the time is right
default_smile.png

Ok I have some more pictures I am going to post and her belly looks more pointed! Her udder seems more full and hard! Yes she has been rolling ALOT and she will bite at her sides

It's is in the eastern part of Canada. One of the smaller provinces.
default_smile.png
I understand you are busy, there's no problem there.
default_thumbup.gif

Sure.
default_smile.png
I'll post a picture, but I think what you see is snow on her face.
default_wink.png
She has a star and snip.

100_6302.JPG

Well once Again a busy night but I can tell you that Missy has milk and is waxed up now and her bag feels like a rock and has stayed the same all day! Her stomach is still dropping and I should have way more time tomorrow to post pictures!

Latest posts

Back