What should I do with Josie and what is happening

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aren't the balls the best?! my foal loves them too you can get proper horse ones but they are the same just more expensive as the ones from the sports shops LOL

they are great and once the horses/ donkeys get used to them love playing with them
default_smile.png

would love to see some pictures please :D

Perfect because my grandma has one she is trying to give away an it looks just like the one in the video! I will get pictures after school today! I will try to get morning shots this weekend! I don't have time in te morning so i will do them this weekend!

I checked on her, and I guess my imagination was just running wild! Ha ha!!
default_smile.png
She is still fat and looks like a barrel. I don't think she dropped! I will post pictures of her again this afternoon, just to be sure!

Thanks I think my Pebbles is pretty cute, like you said they are all so cute. She is actually marked like her mother on both sides of her hind end. she is almost 100% symmetrical too. I can't wait to see updated Missy pictures.
default_yes.gif

She does look a bit more dropped, and her bag is getting there too.
Yeah I thought so! I have some more pictures I will post! She just started today, running off when I touch her stomach. As soon as I touch her stomach, she swishes her tail and runs off! She has NEVER done that ever before, not even earlier today! Does that mean something? Her bag is also staying more full throughout the day without shrinking!

ok, Sounds good, umm it could mean something or she may just think you are going to take more pictures.
default_wink.png
She could be a bit more uncomfortable if the foal is shifting around to. My mare caught on to the poking and touching when in foal last year and when she saw me getting my camera out she's take off too.
default_poke.gif
It was to the point to catch her and tie her for a minute or two to get the pictures, or bring out some food .
default_eat.gif

Yeah, she is usually so good and as never hosed any signs of being mean or anything. Maybe your right. Ha ha. I will try to post more pictures soon!

Yeah it just shocked me because when she ran off I didn't even have the camera in my hand! But she stopped after I had to yell at her when she lifted her foot and swished her tail. She doesn't try stuff if you tell her it's not ok she stops and never tries it again so hopefully she won't do it again!

But otherwise i can touch her everywhere. If you want to see a video of her go to YouTube and type in Jazz pony mate and click on the first one on the list! You can see what she is like! That video is the video we bought her with!

Sorry type in mare not mate. Ha ha

Yep Kay she is progressing wonderfully, how exciting
default_risa8.gif
It is quite normal for them to have mood swings at this stay so don't get upset, I have a pregnant mare that has decided she will NOT pick her feet up any more so we have to have a little chat everyday
default_rolleyes.gif

Oh ha ha!
default_smile.png
. I just went and checked Missy and her udder feels FULL it might shrink through the day but I will keep you posted. I did homework on a 5 gallon pale in her stall last night. Lol

What should I do since I am at school all day and my parents work all day? I have no way to be with her from 8:30am-3:45pm! Also, when will know she is within like 24 hours of foaling?

Have you bought any milk testing strips? also if you keep posting pics we will be able to see when she is close then we just pray that she foals over the weekend
default_pray.gif
(or you go sick ) sshhhhhhhhhhhhh I didn't say that
default_shutup.gif

Have you bought any milk testing strips? also if you keep posting pics we will be able to see when she is close then we just pray that she foals over the weekend
default_pray.gif
(or you go sick ) sshhhhhhhhhhhhh I didn't say that
default_shutup.gif
Ha ha! Actually I caught a small cold last night! I have heard you can just use pool testing strips and use them, because I already have those! She still has no milk though! I will be gone over the weekend unfortunatly, so I am hoping she has it tonight or tommorrow afternoon! My dad might have to be the doctor while I am gone, because he is staying home!

Latest posts

Back