Summer/Mindy Foaled on 4/1/13!! Colt!*NEW PICTURES & VIDEO OF SMOKEY PG. 41* 5 WEEKS OLD

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having a camera would help with the false alarms. You can see what they are doing, as they will stop it by the time you get to the barn to check on them. She hears you coming. They can also delay labor in the earlier stages.

Here I've been frustrated with not being able to put up a camera thinking about doing a halter monitor. I think I'll keep trying on the camera idea...

You guys crack me up! I don't get to be on much, but when I am, I read all I can...
default_new_rofl.gif

Great news on the mucous plug!!! So glad I joined this forum and are asking all these questions! Yall may not be though!! Making you guys work! LOL

My sister was saying she had seen some mares with the alert boxes on their heads as well. I will keep tinkering with it today.

Callie, by false alarm I was meaning the pager was going off without her laying down. I was in my RV which has a big window right by the barn, so when it would go off I would very quietly walk to the window and she would just be standing there. I have heard that mares will stop their labor if you walk in on them and disturb them which is why I'm watching her through the RV, so that I don't disturb her
default_yes.gif

Here are some updated pictures from this morning... more or less the same, except she is not as red this morning
default_frusty.gif
. But I was hoping that maybe I'm missing something that you guys might see. We are at day 346 if she took the day I saw them breed.

And the last picture is Cotton feeling very left out with this whole ordeal... hahaha she is so darn cute!

aaasummer5.JPG

aaasummer4.JPG

aaasummer1.JPG

aaasummer.JPG

aaasummer3.JPG

aaasummer2.JPG

aaasummer7.JPG

aaasummer8.JPG

aaasummercotton.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I forget if you mentioned her milk supply. Does she have any milk yet. With that udder, I just can't believe she hasn't foaled yet. Once her milk begins, you should have a baby pronto.

Her hooha is elongated, her udder looks good and baby is dropped, we just need to see her tummy a little more forward and she will be ready
default_smile.png
Not long now.

Oh and don't worry about the questions, that is what we are here for
default_thumbup.gif

Thanks Renee! I need the encouragement to keep going..... 27 days with very little sleep is starting to get to me!!
default_closedeyes.gif

Thank you Diane!!! I'm letting her graze in the yard today for a couple of hours, maybe moving around more and the green grass will get things to moving!!

What summer no baby yet?.....I'm counting on yours to foal first I don't think Bree at 349 days is ever going to show us her wee one...haha. I wished Bree's udders looked like that!!!!!! But it looks like you'll have a tiny baby real soon.........lol

as the girls have said as soon as you get milk from her I think she will foal... let her out as much as possible so she can move that baby around as much as she can we want her to get that baby into position
default_smile.png

if you take a look at Huyber Utopia miniatures page you will get a glimpse of what a V tummy looks like
default_smile.png
not saying that your girl will get this much of a V some do and some don't but definitley baby needs to move forward more.

won't be too long and you will be back in your bed sleeping the whole night long! YAY

Hey everyone! Update Pictures! She is swishing her tail ALOT! She is just acting more restless this evening. Also her "area" looks like its bulging?? What do you guys think?? I am feeling on high alert. IS it my imagination and just wanting this baby to be born soo bad that I'm seeing a different shaped tummy?? The baby is still moving pretty good though... so I don't know.

Opinions
default_please.gif

Cassie, I only put her up at night, she is out all day, just for your peace of mind
default_smile.png

asum1.JPG

asum2.JPG

asum3.JPG

asum5.JPG

asum6.JPG

asum7.JPG

asum9.JPG

asum10.JPG

asum11.JPG

asum.JPG

Looking very ready to me! She definitely has what I think will be her "V" shape tummy. The foal as definitely moved. Can you express any milk? I wouldn't be taking my eye off of her for very long.

Nope still can't get any milk, but she is VERY irritable tonight, she would barely let me check her which isn't like her. She is pretty restless right now and has been rubbing her rear really hard on the panels. She can't seem to get comfortable and she is standing in a different spot than normal. Her vulva is still pink though, so maybe I'm just making up signs because I'm so ready for her to foal! Idk??

Mine is still pink with barely an udder, 100 CA+, and 8.5 pH. Yet she has changed favorite corners, has practically rubbed the braid out of her tail, and flehmings often.

MARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the irritation and excess rubbing makes me think that baby is pushing on things near the rear end causing pressure and discomfort... all normal and all signs that mean we are getting closer
default_smile.png

p.s the bulging hoohaa makes me also think baby is pushing on things... she is looking SOOOO ready to go! just in time for the easter bunny I think...
default_smile.png

Oh my... It's 12:15 and I'm sick and looking out the window of this RV watching Summer... She is keeping me in stitches... I am SOOO tired. I'm kinda bored, I can't read anymore because I burned my eyes out reading Lexis entire post! Lol so I'm going to post some pictures on here for you guys.

Latest posts

Back