Summer/Mindy Foaled on 4/1/13!! Colt!*NEW PICTURES & VIDEO OF SMOKEY PG. 41* 5 WEEKS OLD

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_sad.png
yes, that would be nice! She's going to make me get out in that frigid cold air, she's in the one tee tiny corner that I can't see her... It's so super cold tonight, I want her to have it but maybe she better wait until its not 29 degrees!!

Hi Mindy - sorry I'm so late in joining your Summer watch, but I have been reading (my life is a bit busy right so I mostly just read and then post when I can!) It looks as though you and the girls here have everything well organised, so all we need now is a little baby to coo over. LOL!!

I love her big foaling barn - I'm a "bigger the better" person with my foaling stalls/spaces - but I would just make the suggestion that maybe you could pop some boards (or something) round the gates? The bars look far enough apart that baby could possible roll out if sleeping close by, plus any boards to ground level would keep out any draughts or provide a wind break, again if baby chooses to snooze close by. No need to board up high - a couple of feet from ground level would be fine. Just a thought - perhaps your poor 'deserted' hubby could put his thinking ap on!!

I dont think you will losing sleep for much longer - she looks very close to me.
default_yes.gif

Good luck and safe foaling!

how has she been overnight Missy?

great ideas Anna
default_smile.png
you always come up with something we have forgotten
default_smile.png

I hope it has been good busy for you
default_smile.png

Well no baby last night... which is fine, it would have froze the minute it came out! Maybe tonight??? Its a full moon tonight, anybody had experiences where their mares foal on a full moon? My grandfather always says that cows and horses like having their babies on full moons. IDK??

Hello AnnaC, Thanks so much for the suggestion! I had thought about this also and was wondering what I could do to keep that from happening. Maybe after Summer has the baby I could just leave it open? She is the only horse in the paddock, and it is all welded horse wire, so no chance of it getting through that! What do you think? Leave them locked up and fix the panels or just let them have it at free choice?

I hope, hope, hope I'm not getting sick.... My poor boys have been sick running fever since Thursday, and I dont know if its just over tired and sinus or if I'm getting the crud. Ain't Nobody Got Time For That!!! HAHA

Anywho....

I will be heading out here in a few minutes to feed, I was waiting for it to warm up at least a degree! LOL

I will post pics new pics here in a bit!

Picture updates!!! Its not showing up as good in the picture, but she is def more red and has red looking veins at the top on the edges! What do my mini midwives think???

asummer1.JPG

asummer2.JPG

asummer3.JPG

asummer4.JPG

asummer5.JPG

asummer6.JPG

asummer7.JPG

asummer8.JPG

asummer9.JPG

She looks awesome!! Full moon tonight, as you said, so I'll be watching my girl closely too!! I think I'm seeing more red in there, but as I mentioned earlier, maybe it's because I WANT to see it!

OOhhh how exciting.. so close..wont be long now
default_thumbup.gif

Looking forward to seeing baby pictures very soon
default_wub.png

OHHH Im getting excited!! I wish she was on camera so yall could watch her and help me!!!
default_ohnoes.jpg

I think I'm getting what the kids have, really bad timing! But if thats what it takes to get this baby out safe and sound so be it! I just hate to be under the weather when I need to be on top of this!

Just checking on, ans she looks very ready! Sorry I can't eat any popcorn I have a sore throat, seems to be making the rounds. But, I'll bring the beer!
default_spit.gif
default_spit.gif

Looks like really soon, hey ill bring chips and dips....lol oh ya and coke...must have coke...
default_smile.png

Sounds good to me! I hope ya'll are right and we can get this done! So past ready......

Liz how is Bree? i came back to the cam and they were gone... I guess out for the day? She looked really irritable earlier!

I just went out to check on Summer, everything looks the same, but she was very ugly to me and ran away. I understand though, that's what I would do if someone was constantly checking my personals! HA!! Thats why I had my second baby at home!! NO PRODDING!!

OK Girls!! Here is the latest! I went out to check her, much to her dislike!! But she is more red, here is a picture, its at the top left and its red spider looking veins, is this what you guys are talking about? What do you think? I still cant express any milk out of her and she can still clamp her tail pretty good also her vulva still seems pretty tight to me.... so do you think it could be tonight or are we looking more like tomorrow or so??

aasummer.JPG

aasummer1.JPG

aasummer2.JPG

aasummer3.JPG

I'm the wrong one to answer that, but looks *different* from other hooha shots!! Is she mushy on either side of her tailhead? Someone said the other day that she was braiding a tail, and the mare couldn't pull her tail away from her...too funny! But yeah, maybe someone else will answer for you!
default_smile.png

Woohoo, I'm excited!!! Let's have some BABIES with this full moon!!!

I'm the wrong one to answer that, but looks *different* from other hooha shots!! Is she mushy on either side of her tailhead? Someone said the other day that she was braiding a tail, and the mare couldn't pull her tail away from her...too funny! But yeah, maybe someone else will answer for you!
default_smile.png

Woohoo, I'm excited!!! Let's have some BABIES with this full moon!!!
Yes she is def mushy, but has been since the first of March!! But she can still pull her tail down
default_sad.png

it does look a bit more red..and I know NOTHING about foaling mares..but it does not look nearly as red as what I have seen as examples of the red pre foaling on line ..

now remember I know nothing...so.............

Latest posts

Back