Summer/Mindy Foaled on 4/1/13!! Colt!*NEW PICTURES & VIDEO OF SMOKEY PG. 41* 5 WEEKS OLD

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You MUST be tired!
default_impatient.jpg

Im beyond tired Gone_riding!
default_thud.gif
Do you have a name by the way?

Renee she is out eating like nothings wrong!! AGGGHHH!!
default_frusty.gif
But she is rubbing her rear on everything!! Here is a picture! Here are updated pictures.

The first pic of her *area* is from this morning, the second is from last night. You can see it is somewhat redder.

aasummer.JPG

aasummer1today.JPG

aasummer2yesterday.JPG

aasummer4.JPG

So Ive noticed that a lot of minis on the cameras do not have their tails wrapped when they go into labor. Is it ok just to have it braided and not wrapped or should I wrap her tail when Im sure she is in labor?

I think you will see her hooha getting redder over the next few hours
default_smile.png
I wrap my girls tails up just cos it keeps them clean and out the way, plaits must e removed fast for the foals safety but wrapped up it isn't a problem. Everyone does things different here so you just go with what is best for you.

I just went out and snapped this picture, it may not look different in the picture but it is darker red in person... Am I driving you guys crazy?? IM driving myself crazy!!

She is wanting me with her but is VERY irritable, she tried to bite me, and not just a nip, a lunge for me with ears pinned!

Renee I posted before reading your post. So what do you think?

Good to know on the tail wrapping, do you think now would be a good time to wrap it? I will take out the braid as soon as she foals. Thanks for that advice!

aasummy.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
We are on the edge of our seats just like you so you are NOT driving us crazy. (you are too late for that)
default_new_rofl.gif

She is getting redder
default_thumbup.gif

/monthly_03_2013/post-45156-0-13058100-1364484592.jpg/monthly_03_2013/post-45156-0-45677800-1364486841.jpg

Not long now.You could give your vet a call and give them the heads up just in case. My vet always appreciates it when I worn her and that way she doesn't go to far.

Oh good!! Glad I'm not driving you more crazy than we all already are!! Great idea on calling the vet!! I'm going to do that now! She is laying down in the barn, I'm trying not to disturb her so I'm watching her from the RV. Here is a picture of how good of a view I have without disturbing her

image.jpg

Ah bless her, she is saving her energy for the big night tonight
default_yes.gif
Is anyone else at home that can watch her whilst you get some rest?

That is a great view
default_thumbup.gif

Here is a really quick video of a few years ago to let you see how easy it is with the tail out of the way.

My name's Viola. I love that image of Summer rubbing. She's really determined! There's progress on the redness!!
default_firstprize.gif
My mare is irritable too. She wants me with her, but this morning she bit me so hard when I turned my back on her. (So not like her.) I'm hoping she meant to bite her side as she's been doing that a lot. She bruised me pretty bad even through the coat... hopefully, Summer isn't THAT irritable!
default_giveup.gif

Edit: Great view! And yes, we're already crazy. We're cheering you both on too!

Called the vet, they were super nice and helpful!! Oooooo I'm so excited Please Please Please let it be today!!! In the meantime I have another question! Lol big surprise!! How long usually after the have cow pie poo do they have the baby?

Mine go pretty quick after emptying out, she should also appear unsettled and walk around sniffing the floor.

Renee, yes my sister has been ever so sweet to offer to come watch while I take a nap this afternoon! I hope I can sleep! Lol Summer is resting which is out of character for her! There wasn't a link to the video, maybe I can't get it on my phone. I need to run into the house anyway and I will see if I can get it on my computer.

OH MY that was soooo cute!! Summer is dreaming and she just whinnied in her sleep!!! So cute, maybe she is dreaming of her baby!
default_smile.png

Viola, yes Summer is that irritable! I managed to escape her vicious bite though, unlike yourself! I'm so sorry for you! Boy can those teeth hurt!!!!

Walking around (and/or rolling) doing piles of loose poo is the first stage of labour - foal is on its way so dont leave her side!!
default_yes.gif

Hmmm I wonder why her poo was like that and now nothing? She was very restless but now is sleeping as you know.

Yes ma'am Anna! I'm watching her as we type. She keeps going from sitting up to flat out, but I can still see baby moving a bit

Well I'm not leaving her side until this is over, sick or not!

I will keep u updated of course! This will be one heck of a forum for new ones huh??? That makes me feel helpful!
default_smile.png

default_thumbup.gif
and were are to help you through this exciting tme. I can't wait to meet baby.

I totally understand what you are going through. I am tired. We have been up and down for over a month now thinking a foal was on the way. This is a one time opportunity I don't want to miss but sure am tired.

Latest posts

Back