Stormy's back! I am starting her foaling thread again

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh congrats, he is just adorable and yes well worth the wait
default_yes.gif

Wow pics made it right side up! If anyone is watching, let me know if he gets a good drink, he was having trouble finding the milk bar then trouble staying attached

20120404_054641.jpg

20120404_054655.jpg

aahhhh he is tiny
default_smile.png

I will try and watch them for a bit until the kids are hungry

YAY!!!! Stormy won the race! She didn't waste any time either. As soon as her udder filled and separated she was ready
default_thumbup.gif

Congrats! He is adorable!!

Now I must go tell Laney she needs to get this show on the road. lol

How is he doing? have you seen him eating on his own? Sorry I haven't been able to watch much but the kids keep me busy
default_frusty.gif

I think someone needs to go have a word with Stormy - she needs to stand still for more than a minute or two so that her small boy can have a chance to drink!! Everytime he get anywhere near her she moves off even knocking into him and he's really getting a bit wary of approaching her, poor lad.
default_yes.gif

Well, his belly seems to be full. Stormy's udders are still firm, but seems her nipples are softer. When we try to help him, he seems to only want to drink little drinks at a time. Could this be because he's already full (and snuck his breakfast without us seeinkg?) or is this a problem I should be concerned about?
default_pray.gif

When we are out there, she really is being a good momma. I guess she's trying to toughen him up to be a big strong Herdsire! Right?
default_yes.gif

It also does look like he has poop around his rectum like he has had a bowel movement

He is just perfect! Look at his long legs! Congrats!!

I would encourage you to stick around through a nap of his and then when he gets up he should go have a good nurse and most of the time will poop afterwards. We never sleep ourselves well until we know they are napping, nursing vigorously, and have passed their meconium. I just am a worry wart though
default_wink.png
You want to make sure he gets a good amount of colostrum in. I would definitely get an IgG on this lil one.

okay now I'm starting to panic and worry. I called my normal but she is not in today. the other that we used before is not able to come out today. I can get an enema for him no problem. is it a good idea that I milk mama and feed him in a bottle just in case? I don't watanything to happen to him.

Oh yeah!!! He must have finally got a good nurse in and got some good strength in! Its amazing how a couple good feedings changes things around. I too would get him that enema, it certainly would not hurt and he might be a tad bit dry inside from a slow start to getting the hang of the milk bar.

Ok Diane I am here now. Please don't get upset Kara, Diane said they are doing much better now.

Did you give stormy any pain meds after she passed the placenta? Just curious to understand mum's behaviour

Looks like he is straining to poop again, as Diane said an enema would be a good idea.

thank you guys you always know what to say. I am working on getting an enema from the store for him. we gave mama oral banamine right after delivery should I give her more?

No don't worry, she seems much better now and is feeding baby, all we need now is baby poop
default_worshippy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
She really is a nice horse. Those children are my precious and helpful 6yr old daughter who wants to show this year! The other is my ever so ornery 2yr old son. The cat and kittens are doing well, she had 4 kittens. 2 white, 1 gray, and 1 black. Kinda like stormy's foal if all put together!lol! The enema went well, he passed alot of hard stool. Momma is nickering if he gets far.

What?! Stormy!! I was watching you all day act funny and so I watched for as long as I could... Then what do you do? Foal while I'm not here!!!!
default_sad.png
Naughty girl.

What a stunning little colt she has produced for you Kara! Lovely markings! Would love to see some dry piccies soon
default_smile.png
gorgeous little man! Good girl stormy lol

Yay for my kittens too
default_smile.png
what a night! :D congratulations Kara hubby,kids and stormy!!! Yay

That is wonderful knews, what a wonderful happy family
default_smile.png

I am off to bed now, night all

Latest posts

Back