Stormy's back! I am starting her foaling thread again

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL!! Diane. Yes we do have a little grass!! And I have to let mine out that first day simply because to keep them in off the grass for over 24 hours would/could upset their systems by me having changed their main diet! (not a good idea) As you say, yours are keeping to their normal diet whether they are in or out. The only time I hold off is if it is raining or similar (for the foal's sake), in which case it's mushy food and several half buckets of picked grass several times during the day.

We have had them on alfalfa pellets and alfalfa hay and grass hay. On top of the 14% pellet feed. But, yes my girls would take fresh grass over any of it! (except the grain I guess) lol

He is just LOVING the green grass! running all around, and now even copying momma trying to eat some. She is so happy to get out, and really loved the much more relaxed area by themsleves. We are thinking LBB'S Silver Smoke Storm for his registered name, and barn name smoky.....

I think I am going to start a new thread for Snowball. We are thinking about putting her in the stall on camera maybe tommorrow? or Tuesday....I love watching little smokey at night before i go to bed, and waking up seeing him, so I have left him up longer....
default_whistling.gif

I know how you feel, they are real time wasters. I have a chair that I take in the field and I sit there for hours watching and playing with the babies
default_smile.png

I know, I cant help but smile and stare. I was just telling my hubby that my perfect day would be sitting in the pasture on a beautiful day and just watching them. He said with a book? I said I dont need one, it doesnt get boring to me! Lol he thinks im wierd I guess.

My horses are next to my in laws factory and I am sure the people that work there think I am nuts, I always sit with them at least 20 minutes a day whatever the weather as you can tell if they are all healthy by watching them, I love watching the herd dynamics too. So rest assured you are not the only weirdo.
default_new_rofl.gif
Tell hubby your friends are weird too
default_new_rofl.gif

Just so everyone knows. I started Snowball on a new thread, and put her on camera. Stormy and her little Smoky are doing well.

About time for some new Smokey pictures!!!! He is 2 weeks old today! He is so fun to watch run and frolic in the pasture with momma! He is still a bit scared of us, but each day he gets better.

20120418_112603.jpg

20120418_112545.jpg

NAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I missed him so much! thanks for posting he is TOO cute!!

I just absoloutly LOVE his facial markings! perfect!!

I hope he continues to warm up to you really soon
default_smile.png

he looks like he should be a snuggle bug! mega cute!

Back