prayers needed for Ron Hayes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone and thanks for thinking of me and keeping me in your thoughts and prayers. Did get my results and it is Cancer. Not sure exactly what it all means. Something to the effect of Not Small Cell Carsinoma with some squamous cell present. Sure I totally mispelled that. After this past week I expected it and so I am still very positive. Spoke with a Socal Worker from the VA and I have a consult/meeting with a Doctor at Carti North in Searcy, Arkansas on Wednesday April 2nd to start Radiation therapy for 4 weeks 5 or 6 days a week. This is only about 25 miles from home so that is why I am going there. After that it is my understanding I will be going to the VA under Neurosurgery for a regiment of Chemo but not sure of the details on that. Am feeling good except for a major upset stomach since about 4am this morning. Feel like everyone medically and personally have been totally supportive and for that again I am grateful. At this point and time I am not having one doubt as to me beating this. Just hope I can feel well enough to attend shows (whether I show or not) Just want to go and be there. Still watch and cheer people on and just be a part of it all. My neice is getting married on June 7th, and I WILL be there for her.

Thanks for thinking of me it means alot and the positive of all the responses are keeping me mentally prepared for what every is put in front of me.

Only the Best to all of you,

Ron

Thanks for keeping us updated. Remember if you need to get out - come up and see us. We can and will definetely keep you amused. I might just need a look at those legs anyway before nationals - plus Debbie has been wanting to see them too.

As Always - postive thoughts and prayers

Lisa

I am glad you are so positive about this, i am still praying for you!! Showing won't be the same with out you so you better be able to come to the shows!!! Bring your horse, I am sure we all would be happy to get them ready for you to show. I hope you are having a wonderful time in this nice spring weather. Stay outside as much as you can with your animals, I know I would .

Prayers still going up!!!

My thoughts and prayers are coming your way.
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

Angie Foy

[SIZE=12pt]The best of luck and lots of prayers coming your way. Stay positive - you will be ok.[/SIZE]

Barbie

My thoughts are with you in this difficult time. I am expecting however, to see you at Nationals this year! It would just not be the same without Chariot Ron! Just to remind you of the good times there, I am posting a link here to a photo montage movie from last year's event. You just may recognize yourself in some of the snapshots!
default_laugh.png

I hope your recovery goes smoothly and without too much discomfort.

Hey Ron,

Still have you in my thoughts!!!! Lots of positive thoughts and prayers
default_yes.gif
default_wub.png
default_yes.gif
default_wub.png

You have the right attitude Ron. I've been there and it's VERY hard to stay positive somedays, but it's the key to beating it. There are many support groups out there of people who are/were going through exactly the same thing - they were very helpful for my family and I. Of course, you always have your mini family within spitting distance too.

I pray for you and your family - and I WILL SEE YOU AT NATIONALS 2008!! Let me know if you need anything!!!!

Thanks everyone. I have had a virual infection since Tuesday that is "trying to get the best of me". Appreciate all the encouragement and can't say enough about the strength and positive feedback that I am getting. I would just love to have a Cheeseburger! Just soup, medicine and liquid for every and I am hungary. The Video was beautiful. Saw Bob but I will look again to see if I am in there. It is still so pretty and just knowing I was there is exciting.

Thanks again everyone and will keep you posted on what is going on.

Ron

default_saludando.gif
I hate it that we never had the privilege of meeting you in person Ron But you never know, we might get to watch more shows now that we sold our horses and can travel more.

I'm a little chubby so hard to cross everything but have crossed everything I can on this body of mine with wishes for strength and hope..Our fervent prayers to you and all the best, hey you keep on keeping on!

Carl and Maxine

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope you are feeling better soon Ron. At least if you have to be sick it is while the weather is cold and nasty. Keep in touch. (((hugs)))

I am pretty sure there is a photo in there with you Ron...there is one fantastic pic in there of all of our "Romans" standing together in a group.

Still sending good health wishes your way!
default_saludando.gif

Adding my prayers and good wishes, Ron. I know you can beat this-- my Dad was diagnosed with lung cancer that metastasized to his brain, he was treated at the VA hospitals too, and he is now cancer-free.
default_smile.png
Stay positive, and best of luck!!

Latest posts

Back