I could use some good thoughts and prayers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been reading and praying. I have loved the pictures you posted of your boy and I am just wanting to say that my sincere hopes are with everyone else. Please God!

Update, he has passed enough oil to make a small oil field and has had several BMs overnight. Vet said she can no longer feel the hard mass in his cecum. She believes it is safe to breath a bit easier but also feels he has some more BM that needs to work through. He has been allowed 10 minute grazing sessions and will be started on small amounts of soaked hay. All pain meds have been stopped and if all continues to go well he may be home Monday or Tuesday. Keep the prayers coming!

Thank goodness! Still more good thoughts coming his way!

I was able to bring him home today! I am 99% sure it was a combination of the coarser hay and lack of drinking. Yesterday we had a scare with my mare. Got her through it but not without banamine, several liquid slurries with all kinds of tummy aids in it, walking and having to empty out the firm contents of her back end manually. My husbands jaw just dropped, all I could say was, " really, you should know better by now, if i can do it and it needs to be done, it needs to be done". We've been married for 16 years and together for 20, he knows better, LOL.

Thank you all for your prayers. Got several bails of soft Timothy field grass mix from another farm I sometimes deal with as well as the soaked alfalfa cubes. I hate to switch hay guys, such a great family that has been through a lot this year. They are going to let me know if they can manage some softer hay from another one of their barns, in the meantime, if I can't swap out the hay, looks like the owner of the skinny cows down the road will be gifted 20 bails of cattle quality hay.

Latest posts

Back