OMG, OMG, OMG so much news

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
First of all, we have a contract on our farm. I thought my husband was going to kill me when I made the decision (without discussing it with him) to lower the price by $40,000. But it generated tons of interest and we received an offer, which we accepted. The appraiser comes tomorrow and then, at some point, the inspector will also have to come. I am cautiously optimistic, but I won't believe it is going to happen until after both of those things take place. And sometimes inspectors can be a real pain in the butt. I don't think anything is wrong with my house, otherwise I'd have fixed it, but you just never know.

On the other side, we found someplace we have made an offer on, based on the sale of our house. It's rather far from here (4 1/2 hours) but we did drive to it and I really think it will be perfect. All one level, attached carport, detached garage, and on one acre. I can keep it all mowed with my push mower, if I need to.

Let's see....what else? Oh yeah, hubby had to have four "things" cut off from his neck and one from his chin line. The doctor didn't like the look of them. Heck, if my doctor started cutting off things on me he didn't like the looks of, there wouldn't be too much left. LOL We'll get results in a couple of weeks.

I'm going to have my annual mammo next week and I always get a little nervous, especially after the breast cancer thing two years ago. Luckily, they typically tell you right there if you are clear so I won't have to wait for results.

The last of our kitties is going to the vet today to go across the rainbow bridge. She is quite elderly and is having trouble keeping weight on. Basically she lays around in the barn and looks pretty miserable; so it's time.

I'm really on a de-clutter campaign now. Today I am loading the car and will take it to the local Opportunity Center (a resale where the profits go to handicapped people). I'm getting rid of anything I haven't used in the last year. (except my chicken collection, they are exempt from de-cluttering because they are NOT clutter, no matter what my husband says).

Hopefully all this will go thru without too many snags. I'm ready to return to "normal", although I don't know if it's ever a good idea to use the word "normal" and me in the same sentence. ahem.

The lady who made an offer on our farm has miniature donkeys and she is willing to keep all my horses and my donkey and to keep them together, here at their home. OMG!! I'm going to leave her all my feeders, tack, hay, everything. It is the answer to my dream. I was so worried about all of them. She is thrilled. So am I. Please everyone, keep us in your prayers. I really want this to happen.

OMG so happy for you! Keeping my fingers crossed it all works out for you.

I'm happy for you! I truly believe that when one is headed down the right Path, things seem to fall into place.

me too, that's wonderful news and wish you all the very best
default_smile.png

Great news about the house! And your herd! Those inspectors can pick your house apart! We had a contract and after the inspector came out lost the sale. They find things you never knew existed, or cared about! Anyway, I think the buyers just needed a reason to back out.

So sorry about the kitty :-( Old is never old enough to loose them.

Hope DHs "things" are nothing bad. Sending good vibes for your mammo.

Good luck with the "de-cluttering"! You will be amazed at the things you wonder why you kept. Until you get rid of them and find you need them down the road LOL!

Sending happy thoughts to you!

Depends also on how picky your inspector is, when we moved it was winter and we had winter boots on. The inspector checked out the inside briefly, we did another walk thru but everytime we were in during the winter months with our clucky boots we never noticed that the carpet in one bedroom was soaked thru because the tub faucet leaked. It was never discovered until we moved in and was too late to have the owner fix the problems between the faucet and soggy floor and carpet. Do a walk thru like you are seeing your home for the first time, that way you should find any issue that may hold up the sale of your home. Good luck.

I am so happy that everything seems to be falling in place for you and your husband.

Hope everything is smooth sailing for you both from this point on

Julie

Victory Pass Stable

Maine

Latest posts

Back