Please help me!!! Dreamer is having a pelvic nerve lock

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so glad the news from the initial xray was GOOD! I hope the doctors will still be optomistic in her recovery after they have their confertence. Sending continued prayers for all of you!

Prayers are continuing... hope their conference has a good outcome with plan of action for your sweet girl!

Jessi

Oh my God Theresa she looks just like my Snow. That is Snow in my avatar, very pregnant and winter furry. They look like they could be full sisters. Dreamer is so beautiful, tears are just streaming down my face. I know exactly how you feel about that empty stall and wanting to be there close to her as you can get. I know how it feels to have to leave someone you love so much in the care of someone else.

We will continue to have faith that your Dreamer or should I say our, will be healed and home to you real soon.Try to get some rest take your vitamins and eat well so you can stay strong for her after care. God's Blessings upon you and your family and sweet Dreamer.

Many XXXXXXXXX to you.

Mary

I am so sorry Theresa! You have to be beyond exhaustion now. I will be praying that you get good news in the morning. I wish you could be with Dreamer tonight
default_sad.png

[SIZE=10pt]Theresa-[/SIZE]

Woke up thinking about Dreamer. I'm praying they will have a good course of action for her today and get on with her surgery.

You need to take care of yourself - you have to be so exhausted, both emotionally and physically. It about broke my heart last night when I saw the 2 of you in Dreamer's stall.

Thinking about you all a lot.

Barbie

I started watching Dreamer on Mare Stare on Friday. And someone posted the link to this board so I joined so I can keep up with Dreamers progress.

Lots of prayers coming your way hope you got some sleep last night. Hopefully you will here some good news from the Doctors today great big hugs and lots of prayers coming from Florida

Glad to have found this forum! I do have one mini right now and I have some much fun with her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps it is good thing they are delaying the operation until after they have conferred, it may mean that they can decide on a different and better way of doing things.

So very glad you can go back to be with Dreamer, I am sure she needs you even more right now.

Praying for some good news tomorrow. Give that wonderful Dreamer a gentle hug from me please, and take a huge one for yourself.

Anna

I keep hoping they would be able to pop the hip back into place like they can with humans then rest her for the torn ligaments.

Praying for good news!!

Hugs,

Robin

I got sent home from work, they told me to get some rest and if I am up to it come back tomorrow or Friday. Oakridge Surgery Center has called... They were considering not doing the surgery because of how well she was doing yesterday. After more x-rays and watching her for 24 hours, reducing her pain management, she is not doing so well. Said that the location of the ball on the bone it not an ideal place for it to be. They were leaning more to sending her home for a month to see how she would heal, but now they don't think that is an option. They are giving her Equiox for pain and inflamation. I guess that is what he meant last night about seeing something on the x-ray to do with the bone. They are going to have another conference this pm and deceide on the plan. He said they will probably do surgery in the morning/afternoon. He said they are hesitant to rush into this surgery. That once it is done, it is done good bad or indifferent it is done. They are wanting to explore ALL her options. Apparently this is a very hard surgery for a horse to have. He said if they leave it the way it is she will be in alot of pain and not have a quality life at all so that is not an option. To pop it back in place won't help, because horses do not have a hip socket like we do. The have a bowl that the hip sits in, and what holds it there is the tendons and ligaments, which hers are distroyed completely. They are talking about pinning the hip together, but said that the arthritis would be sooo severe in 2 yrs and extremely pain for her, and would probably have to do the ball removal anyway, so not an option. I am betting that they will do the surgery to remove the hip ball tomorrow. Iwill let you know what their plan is. Theresa

Thanks for the update, I can't even imagine how you must be feeling. Adding my prayers and good thoughts for Dreamer's successful surgery!

[SIZE=10pt]Theresa,[/SIZE]

I am sending prayers it does sound like they are looking at every avenue before rushing into surgery. This could be a good thing as they are investigating and getting more then one opinion. Sometimes more then one idea is better. I am glad you were able to get her to the veternarian hospital. I know this is so extremley difficult for you, with her not there in her stall. I watched you wave to the cam that morning when you left my heart broke and grabbing the box of kleenex again. I need to go buy more. Theresa the amount of dedication and love you have shown is amazing.

I am here for you and will do anything to help you and Dreamer reach that goal of coming home to recover with her loved ones around.
default_wub.png

Prayers and Hugs

Michele

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the update Theresa -- you know you can call me at any time to discuss Dreamer's situation. Know only too well what you are going thru & up against. As you know, my heart is with you & Dreamer - it is a long road, but you and she will work thru it together like we did with Rose.

Hugs ((())))

Stacy

PS If you check out my website and go to the Mares page you can see some pix of Summer Rose - the pasture one is of her AFTER her surgery -- she looks so proud and happy in that picture - I have it enlarged & on the family room wall where we spend most of our time.

Thank you sooooo much for the update hopefully the next one willl be even better. I told you this would be much harder for you and Art than for Dreamer hang in knowing all of us are praying for you Art and Dreamer. So glad your work is being supportive.Tell them Dreamer is an international celebrity loved by many all over the world who are praying for her successful recovery.

Hi Theresa, I'm on my lunch break right now. Sounds like you have some very thoughtful doctors working with Dreamer. I feel uncomfortable giving unsolicited advice to a stranger, however maybe if enough of us tell you to take care of yourself and get some rest...we'll wear you down enough that you actually do it!!! So, I hope you'll forgive me, but here it goes! From one mom to another, take care of yourself Theresa and get some sleep! If you simply can't sleep, call your doctor or get in touch with someone that can...I'm sure people on the forum will have all kinds of suggestions. Years ago, I had a sick horse at a vet hospital waiting for test results and later a very, very sick young child waiting to hear if she had a brain tumor or not...(fortunately it was good news in my daughter's case) ....but, I've gone days and days... without sleep, due to trauma and caring for others. It impacts judgement, your ability to cope, and can make you very sick. Art, Dreamer, and your family need you healthy. Hopefully, your snoozing right now! Prayers and hugs from Washington State. Back to work for me... ~ Becky

Latest posts

Back