What could be wrong with my dog? Another video added page 4

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My gosh Marty I hope you're feeling OK, today!!!!

I hope Amy is coming out of her episodes.

Chevy, our big GSD, spinched a nerve in his neck. He would yelp, for no apparent reason we could see.

It was on a week end and the vet was closed.

We went to PetSmart, got him some Glucosmine and a herbal aspirin free pain reliever made by Vet's + Best.

I took him into the vets, at the first of the week, and he said that especially when a dog is like getting up from a sleeping position,

walking up steps or getting into a car, their head comes up automatically and can pinch a nerve if they've overdone playing or whatever,

previously.

Chev chases sticks till his tongue hangs out .... he'll leap into the air to catch them, sometimes misses and lands awkward and we figured he must have landed wrong and hurt his neck.

Having a ouch didn't slow him from wanting to play but we kept him quiet as possible for a couple weeks, gave him the glucosmine and the pain reliever and pretty soon he was good as new.

Maybe Amy pinched something when she was playing or shaking a toy?

Hope you feel better soon Marty. I watched the videos. I see pain and reluctance to lay down because it hurts to lay down. She is telling you with her barks, she also thinks it is odd that she is being video taped. Hopefully nothing serious... I won't jinx you by guessing out loud what I think is wrong, I hope it is simply nerve issue and not a big deal. She is soft in her hind end and looks a little lame there, maybe the pulling and tugging of her toys makes it worse. I would seriously try traumeel or yucca to help her settle or get her to a chiro/acupuncture person... gotta run, keep us posted.

I do hope you are feeling better Marty.

I was thinking about the popping sound you were hearing and wondering if it is something like a joint somewhere popping out or back in. It might hurt and even feel like something is touching her. It may be coming from her back. She looks to see who is causing it. You know how loud our joints can sound as we get older sometimes. Have you tried massaging her? She is built very extreme. LOVE THOSE EARS!!!!

Maybe she needs a chiropractic adjustment? My sister had Belgian Tervuren for many years, they have a similar sensitive temperament. Noises would also make them act strange. They would go hide in the bath tub. She had some success with adjustments.

Also, get well soon!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back